WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Omniscient X on October 02, 2014, 09:08:55 AM
Ahem:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni

Looks like the master of making the best freaking GFX that I have seen to date is back.

Or at least here for a while.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 02, 2014, 07:48:43 PM #1546 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:59:42 PM by Omniscient X
Quote from: Shulk on October 02, 2014, 01:21:17 PM
Looks like the master of making the best freaking GFX that I have seen to date is back.

Or at least here for a while.

Lol gracias, for the time being yes I'll be on the forums for around 3-5 weeks just let me know if you need anything GFX related for that Shulk PSA of yours.

*Cough*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni

October 02, 2014, 11:07:25 PM #1547 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:09:53 PM by KingOfDreamland
Cleaned up the off topic. These noobs, I [censored]ing swear...

Anyways, I thought I should show everyone a few things about what I have cooking.

For those who don't follow my PSA thread, I've been working on updating Eldiran's Wisp to give it some new tools and make it more viable, as Eldiran's Wisp is quite underpowered.

A new mechanic Wisp will have is the ability to change its Specials with its stance change. The mechanic has always been a part of Wisp, but only for cosmetic purposes. With the update however, Wisp gains some new tools.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Fire Wisp is the most complete, so I'll show what I have with Fire Wisp.

Neutral Special. A powerful move at the cost of self damage.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Special: A recovery move that can travel in all 8 directions. It explodes at the apex of the move or if it hits the ground, a wall, or a ceiling.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Final Smash: A Smart Bomb like explosion that can be charged for more power.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Since Wisp is just a bunch of GFX, nothing really seems appealing at the moment, but once I upload a video, you'll see just how great this update will be.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 02, 2014, 11:07:25 PM
Since Wisp is just a bunch of GFX, nothing really seems appealing at the moment

I could try and grab the model from Wisp/Io from DOTA2 if you want.

And I want to know how you coded the Up special. I have ideas, I just don't know if they'd work


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Shulk on October 02, 2014, 11:23:48 PM
I could try and grab the model from Wisp/Io from DOTA2 if you want.
I want to keep true to the original Wisp by not having any models.

Quote from: Shulk on October 02, 2014, 11:23:48 PMAnd I want to know how you coded the Up special. I have ideas, I just don't know if they'd work
I stated how I got all 8 directions working on my thread, but I'll quote it here.

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on September 30, 2014, 03:28:17 PM
I did it, guys.

After about 4 years of people not knowing for sure, I've found a reliable way to use commands, based on diagonal control stick input (up-left, up-right, down-left, and down-right).

Here's the coding I used. It'll work for all 8 directions + neutral (for those who press B, then do nothing with the control stick). Take note the wording in asterisks is just to define the direction the commands dictate.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 02, 2014, 11:29:26 PM
I stated how I got all 8 directions working on my thread, but I'll quote it here.

Excellent.

But just out of curiosity, is the move similar to Fox/Falco/Wolf's Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf? As in, you have a period where you decide which direction to go and then you take off? Or is it more of a "I go where I please while I'm in this subaction"?

Also, I'll have to check again to make sure if Io has a model to begin with and isn't a bunch of GFX in the game itself :V


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can't wait for that Wisp update. The original one is pretty solid to this date, and hopefully you can make it even better.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Shulk on October 02, 2014, 11:34:45 PMBut just out of curiosity, is the move similar to Fox/Falco/Wolf's Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf? As in, you have a period where you decide which direction to go and then you take off? Or is it more of a "I go where I please while I'm in this subaction"?
It's more like Fire Fox. But if you put in a looping command, then you should be able to work it just fine.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Segtendo on October 02, 2014, 11:44:10 PM
Can't wait for that Wisp update. The original one is pretty solid to this date, and hopefully you can make it even better.

this^

Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Some more Wisp Stance Change stuff.

Aura/Electric Wisp will utilize Specials with follow up potential. I currently have Neutral and Up Special done for Aura/Electric Wisp.

Neutral Special: A move with low knockback and damage, but paralyzes foes for follow ups. I might use different GFX for this move.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Up Special: PK Wisp. Basically makes Wisp a more free control PK Thunder with a paralyzing blast at the peak of the move.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ice Wisp will utilize Specials focused on disabling foes. Neutral Special for Ice Wisp is currently complete (aside from SFX).

Neutral Special. Cannot KO, but always freezes the foe for a good amount of time.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Fire Wisp will focus on sheer power and Dark Wisp will focus on mind games.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Omniscient X on October 02, 2014, 07:48:43 PM
Lol gracias, for the time being yes I'll be on the forums for around 3-5 weeks just let me know if you need anything GFX related for that Shulk PSA of yours.

*Cough*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
i like what im seeing  there do you have a full moveset planned for him already?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 04, 2014, 12:48:35 AM #1556 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:58:34 PM by Omniscient X
Eh mostly its a partial layout but you should shoot me a PM about any moves you'd like to see I'm always open to suggestions.
Currently here's a very basic layout
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Most of the above is done, I have a very detailed moveset of the above already made, but I figure to keep it short and sweet for the WIP thread.
SOLARBEAM!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni

Hopefully it's ok that I ask this here.

Does anyone know where in the Brawl partition is the graphical, efls, reff, etc data for the boss rush/endurance rest room with the three heart containers?

Quote from: Omniscient X on October 04, 2014, 12:48:35 AM
Eh mostly its a partial layout but you should shoot me a PM about any moves you'd like to see I'm always open to suggestions.
Currently here's a very basic layout
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Most of the above is done, I have a very detailed moveset of the above already made, but I figure to keep it short and sweet for the WIP thread.
SOLARBEAM!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni
graphic looks good but just wondering isnt solarbeam suposed to be yellow? since well its a sun beam.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 05, 2014, 01:52:22 PM #1559 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:54:46 PM by highonphazon
Quote from: Carnage on October 05, 2014, 01:32:37 PM
graphic looks good but just wondering isnt solarbeam suposed to be yellow? since well its a sun beam.

Well, pkmn stadium's is yellow, Brawl's is white... GBA games is orange and green IIRC.

I feel like yellow with flame like gfx at the start would look really cool, more like a sun beam and would differentiate it from the other whitish beams in the game (Halberd cannon, Lucario's FS, Ivysaur, Landmaster cannon, Deoxys, etc.)

EDIT: didn't see the green beam color, pretty cool actually. Maybe get Link's leaves on there to spice it up? Just a thought. Or Tabuu's little blob particles would look good too.