WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: highonphazon on October 05, 2014, 01:52:22 PM
EDIT: didn't see the green beam color, pretty cool actually. Maybe get Link's leaves on there to spice it up? Just a thought. Or Tabuu's little blob particles would look good too.

Wanted to get an air pressure effect that wrapped around the beam, but I'm currently abusing GFXs in large numbers I'm only like 20% done coding the moveset and I've added around 10 GFX but some moves just need to have the iconic look and this is one of them!  Behold Leaf Storm!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-Omni

That looks great, Omni. I feel the leaves could be a bit more transparent though. They could also use some texture to make them look more like leaves.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 06, 2014, 08:54:31 PM
That looks great, Omni. I feel the leaves could be a bit more transparent though. They could also use some texture to make them look more like leaves.

Thanks, I was debating about that I used this glowing texture cuz I thought I'd give it a bit more of a "Razor Leaf" feel but I have a standard leaf texture as well I'll try it out!
-Omni

that for sure looks like an amazing gfx for a leaf storm move 10 gfxs already in? i hope filesize isnt a issue becuase those gfxs do look nice.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Filesize isn't a problem at the moment, and i don't suspect it will be!  Litte bit of Dragon Claw below:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-Omni

The claws look a bit like Pit's Swords/Bow thingy.

Or you just custom made the [censored] out of them.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

seeing as how i love all of your psas, i know this will be epic. looks nice
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

After some thinking on what I should do for Ice Wisp's Up Special, I thought of a Homing Attack.

It's true that true homing isn't possible yet, but I've got the next best thing.

That said thing is Pseudo Homing. So far I have the 8 main directions, but you can edit it to more than just 8.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's a combination of stretching hitboxes, If commands, and Momentum commands. Unfortunately, it can eat up file size.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Speaking of that, I might have to port Wisp over someone else, as I think I have hit Jigglypuff's file size (despite said file size being lower than the original Wisp). :(
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Omniscient X on October 06, 2014, 08:39:02 PM
Wanted to get an air pressure effect that wrapped around the beam, but I'm currently abusing GFXs in large numbers I'm only like 20% done coding the moveset and I've added around 10 GFX but some moves just need to have the iconic look and this is one of them!  Behold Leaf Storm!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
-Omni

Very good use of the tornado. And like someone else said, the leaves are a little too glowy for me, but the attack looks excellent nonetheless.

I have a cool idea about implementing Sludge Bomb into Sceptile's moveset too... involves purple blobs lol. Was Sludge Bomb one of his staple moves? Totally forgot.

Sceptile can't even learn Sludge Bomb nor Sludge Wave. .-.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

October 07, 2014, 07:41:34 PM #1570 Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:02:30 PM by Omniscient X
Quote from: highonphazon on October 07, 2014, 07:34:06 PM
Very good use of the tornado. And like someone else said, the leaves are a little too glowy for me, but the attack looks excellent nonetheless.

I have a cool idea about implementing Sludge Bomb into Sceptile's moveset too... involves purple blobs lol. Was Sludge Bomb one of his staple moves? Totally forgot.

Quote from: KingOfDreamland on October 07, 2014, 07:38:34 PM
Sceptile can't even learn Sludge Bomb nor Sludge Wave. .-.
KJP has a point I was thinking of throwing Seed Bomb in there somewhere, might just be a little bonus as a taunt or something.  Currently working on Frenzy Plant, the last version was way too tame graphically, and I added options for the Down Special go ahead and vote in the thread.

A more fitting Frenzy Plant
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dragon Claw with a more "energetic" texture
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-Omni

dragon claw color looks more accurate now i would put it  abit more bluish imo abit darker.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I feel like Frenzy Plant would look better growing straight up out of the ground right under Sceptile and expanding outwards in both directions rather than one.

-Glide attack replaced with a more unique one. Works like Samus' FAir, but in reverse (final hit is still the strongest one). Unfortunately, i can't stop its vertical movement and it becomes less effective because of it  :srs:. I tried using same coding used for aerial Side B (attack that completly stops Ridley's movement), but it didn't worked. It has some minor animation issues (one of the wings doesn't rotates...um...in sync...whatever its supposed to be with other wing), but that is noticable only when viewed from the front.
Preview:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I also finished Win animation 1 and losing animation, but those are hard to show properly and that win animation must have its gfx fixed first. At least i can show waiting animation (in screenshot only) that is used after win animation 1:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Gravity on October 07, 2014, 10:40:41 PM
I feel like Frenzy Plant would look better growing straight up out of the ground right under Sceptile and expanding outwards in both directions rather than one.
Ehh too many hitboxes as it stands Frenzy Plant uses like 50 lines of code just for the hitboxes and other things excluding GFX.  While I agree it would certainly looks a bit more realistic it kills the pros and cons I designed for the move, it's supposed to be an all-out attack in one specific direction while leaving the user vulnerable to attack from all other directions in addition to putting them in a "stunned" state afterwards (a salute to the original attack in the games) though I hope to make it look more natural as I go along.  I also think the opinion would be different if you could see the vines "grow" forward its a satisfying animation.
-Omni