WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I didn't know Link knew how to dance like Johnny Bravo.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on March 22, 2015, 04:47:56 AM
I didn't know Link knew how to dance like Johnny Bravo.

Watch my stream then :V

TOTALLY NOT ADVERTISING OR ANYTHING


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 22, 2015, 06:32:29 PM #1892 Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:51:00 PM by TheShyGuy
Quote from: drogoth on March 22, 2015, 04:32:11 AM
What do you think needs to be done with the wait? Right now it looks really lack luster and just odd imo, but it's the best I could do with the little effort I used lol

Hmm.. The dips after the first could be removed. They're just unnatural movements that distract.

Also, don't have link look at his second arm. I used to have a habit of doing a similar movement all the time during baseball. If you're trying to animate a habit that's done under pressure, don't have him look directly at his arms or exit out of battle stance too much- that's not smart in the middle of battle. (In my case, I remained, for the most part, in ready position, crouched and eyes focused on the batter, while I fixed my glove)

Of course, if you want him more relaxed, then go ahead and break the ready stance. But, you'd have to slow the pace down more.

---

Take a look at this. It's about moving holds (I don't think I posted this here before?)

http://www.keithlango.com/tutorials/march05/movingHold.htm

Work on this to avoid robotic movements and add more weight. Moving holds is about the transitions from one pose to another. You can think of it similar to when you used to only use linear tangents, then learned about curves.

---

For anyone interested, I've heard lots of good things from this book, made by Richard Williams who animated for "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

http://www.theanimatorssurvivalkit.com/

The DVD collection is expensive, but you can get the book is a lot cheaper

http://www.amazon.com/Animators-Survival-Kit-Principles-Classical/dp/086547897X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427068142&sr=1-1&keywords=THe+animators+survival+kit


[spoiler]
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Onii-chan on March 23, 2015, 02:17:27 PM
[spoiler]

Is it only the mask transformations or is young link included?

I honestly considered doing it long ago, but the lack of young link was a turn off lol


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 23, 2015, 03:30:37 PM #1896 Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:04:09 PM by Vergil Akeno
Wait... Is that over Squirtle? I think this project has been mentionned more than once, no?
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: drogoth on March 23, 2015, 02:28:40 PM
Is it only the mask transformations or is young link included?

I honestly considered doing it long ago, but the lack of young link was a turn off lol

im going to try and include young link, but he might only be for entry/wins

Quote from: Vergil Akeno on March 23, 2015, 03:30:37 PM
Wait... Is that over Squirtle? I think this project has been mentionned more than once, no?

yes. all three masks will be over the three pokemon. not sure if this was mentioned before.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh hell yeah!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Ported the other two models

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

No custom rigs?

Son, I am disappoint.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

i still need to do that. all models will have the mask in their hand of the next transformation, and a young link model holding the mask (for entry/win/lost)
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Onii-chan on March 25, 2015, 01:54:01 PM
i still need to do that. all models will have the mask in their hand of the next transformation, and a young link model holding the mask (for entry/win/lost)

I'm actually planning on working on a YL/FDL in the near future. If you don't mind, I'd like to help out with yours.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: drogoth on March 25, 2015, 06:35:21 PM
I'm actually planning on working on a YL/FDL in the near future. If you don't mind, I'd like to help out with yours.

sure.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 26, 2015, 12:06:10 AM #1904 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:03:07 PM by drogoth
Quote from: Onii-chan on March 25, 2015, 11:33:11 PM
sure.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


PM me thy skype, por favor.

Post Merge: March 27, 2015, 05:03:07 PM

I'm very unhappy with the feet/leg movement, but I don't know what to do about it...



Otherwise, it's done imo. I'll probably make it a taunt, it's too long to be a wait animation (about 160 frames)


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.