Project Star Wars

Started by MasterObiQui'Et, July 18, 2012, 01:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

July 18, 2012, 01:16:40 AM Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:37:36 PM by MasterObiQui'Et
Hello brawl modding community! I have never posted anything on this site before, so as long as I am announcing my existence, I guess I should start with a one sentence introduction. I am MasterObiQui'Et and in case you can't tell, I'm a huge star wars fan. I have been modding brawl for several months now, but I could never bring myself to post anything because I'm a perfectionist and I could always see some flaw in each of my creations. Now, I have a few projects that I have deemed worthy of the internet. They have been in development for a LONG time.

First up is Darth Vader over Ike
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Darth Vader is a model import from The Force Unleashed. I didn't mess with the moveset because I love Brawl gameplay and don't like losing characters. Ike's moveset fits him very well, but his chicken wing stance does not. So he has altered animations to get rid of that. He also has altered grab and throw animations so he does force choke, and throws that follow smoothly from that. He also has sound effects from the movies including awesome quotes, saber sounds, and his classic breathing. He has alternate skins Anakin Skywalker and Dark Helmet from Spaceballs. He will work as a one slot, but I recommend the full character so you don't have to see Darth Vader in the chicken wing stance saying "I fight for my friends!"

Vader download link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27719&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Next is Mace Windu over Marth
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Same deal as Darth Vader. Model from The Force Unleashed, altered animations, movie quotes, etc. He'll also work as a one slot, but don't come crying to me if you don't use the animations and see Mace Windu dancing around like a ballerina.

Mace Windu download link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27722&Moderated=All&facebook=true

And finally, Yoda over Metakight
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This took an insane amount of work. The model is originally from Soul Calibur 4. On this one I went for the PSA because I have never met a person with both skill and self-respect that liked Metaknight. Of the three characters, he has the most awesome quotes (by which I mean both most awesome and most quotes, in case you were wondering).
General Info:
He is the smallest and lightest character in the game. His ground moves suck and his aerials are amazing, so the only way to effectively play him is to jump around, just like Yoda. He has three jumps, but they're short. So it doesn't improve his recovery much, but it improves his aerial mobility to help you juggle people. I spent a TON of time playtesting him with friends to make sure he is balanced and fun. He should work flawlessly other than a couple visual bugs with some items (super scope, cracker launcher, franklin badge, and I think that's it).

This spoiler has some info about his key moves
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Here is a demonstration video of Yoda fighting Darth Vader:
SSBB Star Wars Character Imports
This video is slightly outdated. I re-did Yoda's throwing animations and they look much better now.

Yoda download link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27724&Moderated=All&facebook=true

I went all out with all three of these. They have recolors, Announcer sound effects, and Yoda even has a crowd cheer.
Something else I think I should mention is the lightsaber. I have seen a lot of Jedi based hacks, but they don't have very good lightsabers. If you're wondering what I did here, that is just the Sword Primid's saber. It's just a cleverly shaded polygon, so it's really easy to stick it on whatever model you want, and the result is absolutely beautiful. If you are working on a hack and need a lightsaber, I highly recommend that route.

So that is what I have been working on as I have been in hiding. Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy.

nice work. its cool to see someone come out of nowhere with 3 imports, sfx hack, menu hack, AND a psa. great work the thing i say is Yoda's throw animations neeed to be fixed.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ya, unfortunately I don't have much experience animating. I'll see if I can make it any smoother. Good news is with Yoda, you shouldn't be throwing much. Thanks for the feedback

This seems like a good project
personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

This is completely awesome. For one, you perfected the lightsaber glow with the primid sword, and second, you're releasing new characters never on the vault before. (By the way, no one's done Obi-Wan Kenobi yet...) :)
I can't wait for when you post them to the vault.
Do you plan to do anyone else from TFU?

Quote from: toastoftriumph on July 18, 2012, 07:54:54 AM
Do you plan to do anyone else from TFU?

I'm planning on it. The Force Unleashed has an incredible selection of just about any Star Wars character you can think of. Obi Wan, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, C3P0, Kit Fisto, Darth Sion (from KOTOR2), you name it. The only trouble with Jedi is you pretty much have to port them over Ike/Marth. You could create a PSA on a different character, but you would just wind up with another Ike/Marth that no one knows how to use.

I'm thinking next will probably be Obi Wan or Qui-Gon as a skin for Marth/Windu. I would also REALLY like to do a Wookiee character, perhaps over Ganondorf.

Quote from: MasterObiQui'Et on July 18, 2012, 07:28:58 PM
I'm planning on it. The Force Unleashed has an incredible selection of just about any Star Wars character you can think of. Obi Wan, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, C3P0, Kit Fisto, Darth Sion (from KOTOR2), you name it. The only trouble with Jedi is you pretty much have to port them over Ike/Marth. You could create a PSA on a different character, but you would just wind up with another Ike/Marth that no one knows how to use.

I'm thinking next will probably be Obi Wan or Qui-Gon as a skin for Marth/Windu. I would also REALLY like to do a Wookiee character, perhaps over Ganondorf.
Chewbacca over Gannondorf would be funny as hell! xD I would like to point out that this isn't the first Darth Vader, there is already a vertex of Gannondorf and a good import over Gannondorf, but Darth Vader over Ike would fit his lightsaber attacks better, there is also another Yoda import but your is better. ;D When do you plan on releasing them?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 18, 2012, 08:41:12 PM
Chewbacca over Gannondorf would be funny as hell! xD I would like to point out that this isn't the first Darth Vader, there is already a vertex of Gannondorf and a good import over Gannondorf, but Darth Vader over Ike would fit his lightsaber attacks better, there is also another Yoda import but your is better. ;D When do you plan on releasing them?

Actually I think that Yoda import and my Yoda import use the same model. I re-rigged it and added my own lightsaber/staff. Now that I think about it, I should probably credit that person for the rip. I'll try to get in contact with them to make sure they're ok with it.

I'm planning on releasing them within the next couple days. I just need to take some time to package everything nicely and make sure everything is perfect.

July 19, 2012, 01:54:41 AM #8 Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:00:49 AM by mr.mugenwii
Quote from: MasterObiQui'Et on July 18, 2012, 09:06:55 PM
Actually I think that Yoda import and my Yoda import use the same model. I re-rigged it and added my own lightsaber/staff. Now that I think about it, I should probably credit that person for the rip. I'll try to get in contact with them to make sure they're ok with it.

I'm planning on releasing them within the next couple days. I just need to take some time to package everything nicely and make sure everything is perfect.


Go for it dude.
looking up for this.
i luv star wars too, plus VIVA Chewbacca...
Tip: for vader's helmet add a "edit normals" modier and unify all vertices or add a "edit mesh plus smooth mesh modifier" to get it less blocky, you may have to play around with the "cull" mode on the materials.

This is the most amazing project ever!!!! :happy: Once they're released, i'm definately get them!

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on July 19, 2012, 01:54:41 AM

Go for it dude.
looking up for this.
i luv star wars too, plus VIVA Chewbacca...
Tip: for vader's helmet add a "edit normals" modier and unify all vertices or add a "edit mesh plus smooth mesh modifier" to get it less blocky, you may have to play around with the "cull" mode on the materials.


Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it when I have time, but right now I'd like to submit everything while its working perfectly. Speaking of which, I just submitted the mods, and I am currently waiting for approval.

yea i think for the helmet editing the normals should do it btw.

and umm already downloaded

cant wait to try out ur "hollow Vader"

lol nice i like the starwars models and the move set looks nice lol

Awesome. Those have to be the best lightsabers ever imported. Good work, an amazing start! you know what would make it better? Chewbacca over peach :srs:

Although I never really got into Star Wars (I'm a Doctor who fan myself), and I don't EXACTLY agree with you on the Meta Knight thing, this just looks fantastic. If I still had a Wii that played this game I would definitely get these. I know you said that video was out dated but even in that state they were awesome. Unfortunately I can't give you any hands on feed back, it still looks terrific. Nicely done!

I can't help but think Chewbacca would look best over Sonic Snake.
My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
Name:James
FC:0216-0855-5243
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.