Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Got an Idea but need a bit of help understanding some stuff.  (Read 1984 times)
SonicWolf
Wolf Warrior
Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 29, 2012, 04:04:59 PM »

I'm making a Wi-Fi Safe Pack soon but I need to know what can desync Wi-Fi? I'm sure things like Models can as well as Imports but what else?

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »

PSAs and anything that uses motionetc data. Those, plus any stages that have changes made to their collision data, will all desync over wifi.
    So, the only safe things are textures, vertexes, music, and model changes that don't affect hitboxes, hurtboxes or collision data. Most of the time, you'll only find the latter kind in stage hacks.
    Essentially, you're just changing the way characters look, the music in the game, and the way a stage looks. If you change the way anything in the game works, like a stage's size or anything else, you'll desync wifi pretty quickly.

Now available in blue.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »

So lets see. To put that in one line of text:
    If something changes the game in terms of length of attack, power, speed, ect or changes the model too much then it will desync but if it is a texture or music or text then it should be fine.
    Right?

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Sir Kirby the 4th
    Extreme Kitten

Yep.

• Awards Famous Hacker Pin Collector Active Contributor Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »

pretty much textures, vertexes, imports (for stages, u have to NOT change collision data),music are not going to desync wifi. but that's pretty much 1/2 of brawl hacking.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »

Thanks! Now I know!

This thread can be locked now if needed. Grin

Friends:

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: