Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you find good in a stage hack?  (Read 2468 times)
ForOhFor Error
Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 09, 2012, 03:26:23 PM »

What do you tend to enjoy in stage hacks? Why do you download them? What are some of your favorite stage hacks?

Discuss.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

TP
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 03:32:52 PM »

there awesome how they look the music you put with them

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 03:34:07 PM »

Backgrounds. I love backgrounds.

I think the main stage is important, but what I really like is when there's enough stuff in the background to distract you and make you think "holy [censored] that's awesome" and get yourself killed.

Not a distracting background, per se, but when there are little details that bring it together, like clouds flashing when lightning strikes or when whatever is in the background is animated in a captivating manner.

What I don't like is when things are plopped in the background without any rhyme or reason to their placement. Usually Pokemon.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 04:29:33 AM »

I like quality textures and lighting. A stage can look amazing with awesome models and whatnot but if you don't have the lighting to bring it to life it'll always seem sort of cheap. Then there are things like rain (subtle rain is best in my opinion.) that look good and don't really change gameplay. But if you have the rain falling, the lighting perfect, a cloudy night sky, and great detail well... It is incredible.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:50:12 AM »

The stage layout has to be fun to play on. I don't mind "flat" stages but if their is a non-flat alternative I usually end up using that. I don't just mean throwing in some random floating platforms either, I prefer if platforms or other layout changes were added in as a natural extension of the stage itself.

With that said, the stage itself has to be cohesive. A well made stage is one where all the parts come together as a whole and if something is off, like a model is shaded different from the rest or some textures don't match then it ruins a stage for me.

Some of my favorite stages are Robzdablades KC:MM City, BPs Osohe Castle, CutterKirbys Doughnut Plains, and ItalianStallions Cool Cool Mountain to name a few.

Seraph
    Touhou Enthusiast
    Special Access

• Awards Featured PC Core Gamer Hot Topic Heart Container

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 11:22:51 AM »

I generally prefer flat grounds but having a few platforms is cool too. It's mostly the theme I enjoy though.
    Some stages I continue to play on are Oizen's Aquatic Mine, Robz' Castlevania stage, and dRage's Great Desert.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: