Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: Master of the Force-Yoda! *V.0.3 UP, Now with new textures and CSP's!!!*  (Read 28313 times)
Mr.Weegee
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 02, 2010, 12:21:31 PM »

He's come to show us all what the Force can do!

New textures from V.0.3 up from Uncle0wnage! (includes Sith and Jedi Yoda)
    CSP's from shadowsquid86!

DOWNLOADS:
    V.0.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?zetnncmmemn
    V.0.2:http://www.mediafire.com/?dmewzgzndmm
    V.0.3:http://www.mediafire.com/?tlxtmzilmzz

CSP's (form ShadowSquid):
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kztvuyemmow
    includes an application guide

MOVES:

He has a custom waiting pose:

Up-smash: a force blast upward

F-smash: a saber throw, like a throwing knife
    D-smash: a quick spin on the ground in which he slashes at your legs. One of his best killing moves.

He has an AWESOME Sword glow! Except, there's a blue rectangle around his sword in these pics that I fixed

Down-B (Mah favorite pic): he uses the Force to spin his lightsaber around him and can reflect projectiles

Up-B: an uppercutting slash

Side-B: he dashes forward, slower than most moving side-B's

If he touches you with the side B, he jumps back and goes in for a slash (as a safety/ strategical measure, he only does this if you continue holding B during the side-B):

Neutral B: a small force push that trips the opponent. Good for starting combos or getting surprise attacks in.

D-air: a force push downward. If you hit, he'll bounce upward

N-air: a spinning slash, one of his killing moves

b-air: two quick slashes
    f-air: a barrage of three slashes

F-tilt: He does a quick spinning slash. It can break out of some opponent's combos and is good for continuing your own.

D-tilt: a double-legged sweep

u-tilit: he does a flip while slashing

Grab: he grabs you with the force and holds you in front of him.
    He cannot pummel during the grab.

d-throw: he slams you into the ground
    f-throw: he spins you around then force pushes you
    u-throw: he does a flip a and force pushes you upward
    b-throw: he spins you and throws you behind him

Feedback would be nice...
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:08:12 PM by Mr.Weegee » Logged

bboynotbgirl
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:31:32 PM »

This looks amazing! I was about to try it, until i found out there's no download -_-

But one thing I suggest was maybe changing his boomerang article with his sword? So that he can throw it and return to him. Like in any other Star Wars game. But it's just merely a suggestion. The moveset you have looks good, I really want to try it.

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 01:40:58 PM »

This looks amazing! I was about to try it, until i found out there's no download -_-

But one thing I suggest was maybe changing his boomerang article with his sword? So that he can throw it and return to him. Like in any other Star Wars game. But it's just merely a suggestion. The moveset you have looks good, I really want to try it.
    0.0 Lulz. I put up the download.

I tried. It failed. His f-smash is a saber throw in a knife-like fashion, not boomerang.
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:18:51 PM by Mr.Weegee » Logged

bboynotbgirl
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 02:06:44 PM »

Oh haha, I was sure it wasn't there before! well anyways, hes pretty fun, his running is kinda awkward though and his sfx sound weird too.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 06:00:12 PM »

omg u serious lol

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

Seriously trying to be less inactive

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 06:03:15 PM »

Extensive feedback get!

anyways, I love Yoda, and so far he is shaping up amazingly.  I'll run through everything about him and try to make him more awesome.  

Waiting- looks awesome, nice job on the custom animation.

Walking- This is perfect because it is slow as he should be, when walking.

Dash- Very cool, also continues the speedy feel of Yoda.

Run- This animation turned out so awesome on him, nice job, it looks just like it should.

Dash attack- This doesn't look as cool as it could, part of my fault for naming a bad original animation for it- I think swapping this for something more speedy, spinny, and more Yoda esque would be better- perhaps using Foxes F-smash animation, sped up a bit, so he dashes along the ground, and then flips and kicks their faces in.

Jumping- He feels light just like he should in the air while remaining agile, perhaps give him greater aerial movement and give him his second jump animations for his first jump as well (so he does the twisting and flipping when he first jumps, more Yoda esque.

Jabs- his first two jabs should be sped up, and his third slowed down, as his third jab is diificult to tell what is going on.  Increase the hitbox size on his third jab as well, it whiffs often.

F tilt- this turned out well, a good spin slash.  

D tilt- his trip kick is great, nice work.

U tilt- should be sped up a bit, even when it does hit he can get punished because it is so slow.  

F smash- This move is too good, in that it pokes too well and is too safe; the animation could also stand some improvement.  Essentially, make the sword rotate during the animation, and then have him dash forward and catch it, instead of it returning to him; it would look cooler, and function better and more balanced; if he used it in a string/combo, he could continue it as opposed to now where he can't, and it would also be more punishable and less broken.  

U smash- This move has some wonky hitboxes, in that it doesn't hit when it should; fix that up and make the hitboxes larger above him, and it should be good.

D smash- this move works well because it is powerful and kills, but is short range so it isn't too easy to land.  If you can make the hitboxes to either side of him larger, that would probably be better.

Grab- his current grab is awkward in that while amazing that you got the force grab to work, while he holds his opponent he violently twitches and shakes.  Fix that so he doesn't have seizures when he grabs someone, and it should be better.

Throws- All of his throws need a major damage and knockback increase- major, because his throws should be powerful, and right now they aren't.  B throw and U throw need to be changed to Olimars.

Nair- This move is good- too good, and it makes his other aerials useless, when nair is better in every situation.  I would suggest removing the sword glow from the roll, so he hits with his body instead of the saber, so it is much smaller a hitbox.

Fair-  This move is too fast actually, as I could only see the individual slashes when I went slow motion in training.  Slow down the slashes, increase the range of the hitboxes (right now, it is really hard to land) and it should work.

Uair- This move is good as is, I think it turned out well.

Dair-  This move has some wonky hitboxes; it is tough to land often, and can be frustrating because the wind, which is how large the hitbox should be, doesn't actually signify the size of the hitbox.  Make a larger hitbox, and it should be fine.

Bair-  This move is good, slightly larger hitbox and it should be fine.

B-  Force push is awesome, I love it.  However two things; make the knockback scale with damage; right now, even if I force push them at 999% they barely go any farther then at 0%.  And the other thing, is to increase the range by about 1 and a 1/2.  It has a fairly tiny range right now, enlarge it and the move should work well.

Side B-  Awesome, I love the rare times when I hit them and they get the hitstun but I don't perform the move, allowing me to start an awesome chain.  Right now, if I hold B it will perform the flip strike, and if I don't I just keep going, and they turn around and smack me.  Regardless, it is excellent as is.  Increase the damage and knockback a bit on the flip strike, but not much change needed.

Up B-  This move delighted me when I first used it because I didn't expect it; I thought it would be just like Marths, but it was much cooler, and more fun.  I love the strikes on it, and I appreciate how it is more horizontal instead of vertical, and I like how it can actually be used as an attack from the ground.

Down B-  This move is very hit and miss, in that most of the time it doesn't work; the projectile reflection time is veeery strict, and it never works as an attack really.  Increase the length and size of both hitboxes, reflection and attack, and this move should work well.  I love the little hop on the ground, it looks awesome.

Sound-  The sound on his Down B was perfect, and I am just hoping that you could add that to all his lightsaber attacks as well, getting rid of Tlinks annoying voice, and making it seem more like Yoda wielding a lightsaber. 

Overall-  I love a whole lot of this, and once some things get ironed out, and it begins to feel more complete, I think he will be one of the best and most balanced hacks available. 
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:15:50 PM by Humble » Logged

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 11:40:54 AM »

I'm not gonna quote that post just because it was too long.

Dash Attack: What about Fox's u-smash? Flips seem more Yoda-esque, plus it's similar to the f-smash.

F-smash: Which axis should it rotate on?

Throws: I can't change them to Olimar's, only to resemble his movements. However, i can replicate them to the best of my ability.

nair-so he should only hit with his body?

fair- I think MK's is the same...

Neutral B: Well, I actually changed it to have no knockback so that they tripped in place. Or did you want it scale with damage in the air?

If I didn't reply to any of these, I agree with them.

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 12:36:49 PM »

I'm not gonna quote that post just because it was too long.

Dash Attack: What about Fox's u-smash? Flips seem more Yoda-esque, plus it's similar to the f-smash.

F-smash: Which axis should it rotate on?

Throws: I can't change them to Olimar's, only to resemble his movements. However, i can replicate them to the best of my ability.

nair-so he should only hit with his body?

fair- I think MK's is the same...

Neutral B: Well, I actually changed it to have no knockback so that they tripped in place. Or did you want it scale with damage in the air?

If I didn't reply to any of these, I agree with them.

Whichever works, I think either animation would look good, the Up smash may look really similar to Yodas up tilt however.

I don't have BB right now so I can't be exact, but it should spin vertically rather then horizontally, whicher axis rotates on that.  It would work fine if it spun horizontally however. 

Ah, the reason I said that was because Olimars up throw would look so cool if Yoda used the force to fly them up and then smack them into the ground, if its not possible then alright. 

Yeah, so it is smaller in range and he hits with his body, without the sword glow. 

The speed should work fine then, but increase the range on it.

Yeah, I meant that the pushback on aerial opponents should be increased. 

Alright, let me know if it all works out. 

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 01:07:50 PM »

Whichever works, I think either animation would look good, the Up smash may look really similar to Yodas up tilt however.

I don't have BB right now so I can't be exact, but it should spin vertically rather then horizontally, whicher axis rotates on that.  It would work fine if it spun horizontally however. 

Ah, the reason I said that was because Olimars up throw would look so cool if Yoda used the force to fly them up and then smack them into the ground, if its not possible then alright. 

Yeah, so it is smaller in range and he hits with his body, without the sword glow. 

Ah, you're right.

Oh, okay.

Doesn't Yoda's d-throw do that?

But then it would be really hard to hit...could I just weaken it?

Okay.

That's what I thought.

I just hope Yoda becomes popular...

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 01:19:09 PM »

Ah, you're right.

Oh, okay.

Doesn't Yoda's d-throw do that?

But then it would be really hard to hit...could I just weaken it?

Okay.

That's what I thought.

I just hope Yoda becomes popular...
    The D throw lifts them to about Yodas head height, whereas Up throw should raise them as high as Olimars does.

Make his nair at least at little worse somehow.

Yoda will without doubt become popular once he is past beta version, he is balanced, fun, and unique; I would put him up there with Zero and the like.  Its a bummer he is on the same character as Geno, but I personally would choose Yoda over Geno, which should be indicative of how good this moveset is. 

dahero5214
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 11:24:52 PM »

this looks beastly i will try it tomorrow

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 12:33:29 AM »

Nice finally a Star Wars character.
    I had the idea of Yoda, too but I wuold have cosen Meta Knight as character.
    Really nice.
    I'm seriously thinking to make Darth Vader out of Ganondorf.

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Concerned Elector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 03:20:34 PM »

Nice finally a Star Wars character.
    I had the idea of Yoda, too but I wuold have cosen Meta Knight as character.
    Really nice.
    I'm seriously thinking to make Darth Vader out of Ganondorf.
    DO IT

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »

Of course I'll do but I'm working on two other projects at the time.
    But back to this topic.

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 06:08:23 PM »

Of course I'll do but I'm working on two other projects at the time.
    But back to this topic.
    Darth Vader over Ganon should work great, if you look around you will find someone made a sword ganon, just swap the sword for the beamsword animation, re-texture it to be red, texture his body to be dark grey (black blows, no shading on true black, use a grey) and give him a ton of animation and move swaps to make him unique; if you want me to type up a moveset, I'd be very happy to do it. 

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 7
    Print
    Jump to: