Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: [Tutorial] How to do a "Special Grab/Throw" with Module! (Experts Only! BetaTut)  (Read 20502 times)
pikazz
Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Good Citizen Pin Collector Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 25, 2012, 03:20:10 PM »

How to give a character Special Throw with Module Hacking
    For Experts Only

Note:
    This tutorial will be rated Expert and are only to those who have experience with PSA and some knowledge about Module itself!
    Also, this Tutorial are a Beta right now! also, GANONDORFS METHOD[3][16] WILL FREEZE THE GAME AFTER THE CHARACTER HAS DONE IT'S ENTRY!
    still, I used ganondorfs Method[3][16] in the tutorial *insert devil laugh here!*
    Anyhow, let’s begin the tutorial! In this tutorial, I will make Ganondorf Side B grab to Luigis B attack but it will cover up the basics so you can also make different grabs too. It might mess up some other attacks too like Ikes Final Smash where the opponent is in the middle in stage instead for ontop!
    I hope you will get the idea of how it works! I tried to explain how you can make your Own, not just with Ganondorfs Special Throw

also, I did the tutorial like this: everything in green is the basic steps while everything in gray under the green is how I did it with my luigi and Ganondorf!

Stuff you need
    •   Latest Version of Brawlbox
    •   Module Editor 2.2
    •    Module Editor 3.1
    •   Hex editor (Hex Edit recommended)
    •   Calculator
    •   Module Files (.rel), the one with grab and your characters .rel, preferable 2 of your character rel!
    •   Your FitCharacter.pac (PSA) and FitCharacterMotionEct.pac

Okay! Let’s start this! It will pretty much be a maze in this tutorial and I hope I don’t give you a headache! I also recommend to use “Save As” and save as a new cause it will be a lot of open and closing files around! Just in case something gets wrong you can always step back!

Step 1
    Open up your Module Editor 2.2 and open both your Module files in them!
    Go to Module -> Objects -> FtCharacter and scroll down to Method[3][16] in your Module file that you will use as a grab! Take a note of both Offset, their size on both Modules

All Specials throws are stored there! Also, take care of the Size of the Method! For me (Ganondorf), it has the size of 250 in hex!
    Go and check on your original character Module -> Objects -> FtCharacter --- Method[3][16], if it are red, we have to add a new Method. If it are already one, we need to replace it!

From now one, I will call ModuleA for the character you will give the throw and ModuleB for the one that has the Grab you will be using!

Step 2
    Close ModuleA in Module Editor 2.2
    Instead, open up ModuleA in Module Editor 3.1 and open up Section1 with Memory Viewer! Use the Resize button and increase it with ModuleB's Method[3][16] Size

Notice the Resize buttom? We have to resize it! As you see, it’s 10F48 hex big for me and since we are adding a new method, we need to have more space!

For me, I will add 250 hex to it so my new method will have some space! Meaning  10F48 + 250 = 11198 (yes, we are talking heximal, not decimal)
    Write the new size of the Section and hit the resize buttom!

There! This will add “00” at the end of the section! We will use those “00” to add the New Method[3][16]

Step 3
    Save as a new Module File and close the ModuleA in Module Editor 3.1
    Instead, open ModuleA in Module Editor 2.2 again but this time, go to Module -> Objects -> FtCharacter --- Method[3][1] instead for [3][16] and open it up! Take also note of it's Offset

There is a Branch command here we need to correct and it’s ALWAYS the first Branch Code! If the ModuleA already has a Method[3][16], it has a Negative Number like this Luigi has! (-0x38BC). If ModuleA doesn’t have a Method[3][16], it will have positive numbers but have m1B[01] on Right side instead (Relocation Data). We have to change those to get our new Method[3][16] to work ingame!
    Also, remember the offset of your Method[3][1]! You need it in next step! My offset is BB8C

Step 4
    Open up ModuleA in Hex Editor and scroll down to your added “00” when you resized section1! It shouldn’t be hard to miss!

My offset are to Luigi is “11014”. Remember your offset! (or just remember the offset in step2 + CC, it would be for me 10F48 + CC = 11014)

Step 5
    Scroll up again to the offset that were beginning of Method[3][1] you remembered from step3! but move 4 Hex forward

As you remember, my offset were BB8C which is the beginning of Method[3][1] but the hex second in the Method[3][1]! At Offset BB90!

Step 6
    Time for some Math!
    You need to calculate the answer by subtracting the new Method[3][16] offset with this offset!

For me, it would be “11014 – BB90 = 5484”
    So in the hex I need to edit: “4B FF C7 44” to “48 00 54 84”

If your Module has already one Method[3][16], it will have “4B FF XX XX”. If it hasn’t, it will have have “48 00 XX XX”!
    Remember to change 4B FF to 48 00 if it has it! That will prevent the offset you gave is Negative!

Step 7
    Open up ModuleB in Module Editor 2.2 and go to Module -> Objects -> FtCharacter --- Method[3][16]! Take note to it's Offset and Size again

The only thing we need is the offset to on the Method! Since I will give Luigi Ganondorfs SideB ground throw, this is Ganon’s Method[3][16]. The Offset I will go to is 8784! Also, remember the size! It’s 250

Step 8
    Open up ModuleB in Hex Editor and scroll down to the Method[3][16] offset!

For me, I had to go to Offset 8784 since I am using Ganondorfs Method[3][16]

Step 9
    Now, select the whole Method[3][16] and copy it.

The whole Method is selected since it is 250 big!

Step 10
    Go to your ModuleA in your Hex Editor and scroll down to your new Method[3][16] offset, select the same size of empty “00” like yours ModuleB method[3][16] and Paste it

Since my Luigis’s new Method starts at 11014, I pasted Ganondorfs Method in there!

Step 11
    Save your ModuleA in Hex Editor, close it and open it in Module 3.1 instead!

Step 12
    This step is really tricky! The hardest in the tutorial! Go to Section5 in its memory viewer!
    Now you should look after its relocation data! We need to change it to the new offset! But as you see, it’s a maze!

there is several ways to find it but I will go with the easiest one! The one you will have to change is above “FtCharacter”.

Here is a pic! There I have selected is the Method[3][16] relocation data! Memories the pattern! The relocationdata will always be 14 hex BEFORE the FF FF FF 9C!
    Note this, if your character has already Method[3][16], it will have ID of your character Module. If not, it will have the ID of 1B which is Sora_melee.

Step 13
    If you found it, change the “Addend” to your new Method Offset MINUS CC and make sure the ID is set to your character Module ID! Leave the other things untouched.

For me, it would be 11014 – CC = 10F48. Also, Luigis Module ID is 63 so everything is now set!
    13b. NOTE! Do only this step if your character didn’t have a Method[3][16] from the start!
    open Section1 and go now to your Method[3][1] + 4 offset (to the offset you changed at step6)! But you have to subtract it with CC to get the right offset! When you are on the right offset, delete the Relocation Data!

Step 14
    Open up ModuleB in a new Module Editor 3.1 window and go to the Section1!
    Go down to its Method[3][16]offset – CC

Since I am using Ganondorfs Method[3][16], I go down to its offsets – CC. that would be 8784 – CC = 86B8

Step 15
    Now, go to Section1 of your ModuleA in Module Editor 3.1 and scroll down to your new Method[3][16] offset – CC! it should be near the end and now you should be at same place with your ModuleB

Since I am using Luigis Module File as ModuleA, I have my new method at 11014 – CC = 10F48 and now I have Luigi and Ganondorf at exactly same spot on both Method[3][16]!

Step 16
    Now, add all the relocation the ModuleA is missing with same information! Don’t miss one!

Now I had all the relocation data to each correct Asm command! Ganondorf only had 3 to be added to Luigis! You simply press on a Hexdata that Luigis new Method[3][16] is missing, add a new relocation data and do it the same as Ganondorfs Relocationdata for that Hex!

Step 17
    Save your ModuleA, close Module 3.1 and open it in Hex Editor the last time!
    Scroll down to your New Method[3][16]! Time to give our Throws it's Action!

Now for the Last thing we will do in Module Hacking! That’s give change the Action to the one you want it to be!
    There are 3 kind of action that will show up! First off is the Action that the opponent will do, second is the action the grab can work on and the third is what action you will do if you successfully grabbed someone! The actions are mostly load by “2C 03 XX XX” there the XX XX is the action. It can also be “2C 00 XX XX” and “38 80 XX XX” but “2C 03” is much more common to be used to action!

A perfect example what I mean is with this picture with ganondorfs Method[3][16]!
     In Purple Box = UpB
    In Gray Box = Grounded SideB
    In Black Box = Aired SideB
    In each Green box = All the action the opponent will do! (they need to have the same in the Catch command in PSA)
    In each Red Box = All the action the grab can only work in!
    In each Blue Box = All the action you will DO in a successful grab!
    So I ignored the UpB throw and Made all both Ganondorfs SideB to Luigis B but on ground it will do DownB and in Air it will do UpB

Step 18
    Save it and Close it! You are done with hacking the Module File!

Finally! You are done now with the module hacking! But it’s the PSA left!
    I assume you are already good with PSAing so this should be a piece of cake!

Last Words
    But I need to tell you something! You need the “Throwed” animation to the special throws! They are one character speficik to each throw characters! Just export the animation and import them to your FitCharacterMotionEct with same name and you should be fine!

Also, I Will update this tutorial with more pics and using a different grab!

I leave the PSAing up to you! If you are cursious about what PSA code I am using to Luigis Ganondorf SideB throw, check below!
    In Action 274:
    Bit Variable Clear: RA-Bit[16] = false
    Bit Variable Clear: RA-Bit[17] = false
    If On Ground:
       Posture 03
       Posture 04
       Character Specific 01
       Basic Variable Set: RA-Basic[0] = 0
       Change Subaction: sub action=SpecialSStartG
       Change Action action=0, requirement=Animation End
       Additional Change Action Requirement On Ground
       Change Action action=14, requirement=In Air
       Set Air/Ground: Undefined(15)
    Else
       Posture 03
       Posture 04
       Character Specific 01
       Basic Variable Set: RA-Basic[0] = 2
       Change Subaction: sub action=SpecialAirSStartG
       Change Action action=14, requirement=Animation End
       Set Air/Ground: Undefined(17)
       Change Action action=25, requirement=On Ground
       Additional Change Action Requirement Value Bit is Set: RA-Bit[17]
    End If

In Action 277:
    Set Edge Slide: Can't drop off side of stage
    Synchronous Timer: frames=1
    Change Subaction: sub action=SpecialSG
    Set Air/Ground: On Ground
    Change Action action=14, requirement=In Air
    Change Action action=0, requirement=Animation End

In Action 276:
    Synchronous Timer: frames=1
    Change Subaction: sub action=SpecialAirSCatchG
    Change Action action=14, requirement=Animation End
    Additional Change Action Requirement In Air
    Change Action action=0, requirement=On Ground
    Additional Change Action Requirement Animation End

In Subaction SpecialSStartG Main:
    Throw Specifier:ID=1, Bone?=0, Damage=4, Direction=0, KnockbackGrowth=10, WeightKnockback=0,BaseKnockback=100, Element=0, UnknownA=1, UnknownB=0, UnknownC=1, UnknownD=0, SFX=2, Direction?=3, UnknownE=true, UnknownF=true, UnknownG=0
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=15
    Catch Collision 2: Value-0, Value-0, Scalar-5, Scalar-0, Scalar-8, Scalar-4.5, Value-E7, Value-1, Value-2,
    Catch Collision 2: Value-1, Value-0, Scalar-1, Scalar-0, Scalar-8, Scalar-4.2, Value-E7, Value-3, Value-2,
    Bit Variable Set: RA-Bit[16] = true
    Special Offensive Collision: Id=2, Bone=0, Damage=12, ShieldDamage=0, Direction=25, BaseKnockback=60, WeightKnockback=0, KnockbackGrowth=100, Size=6, Z Offset=0, Y Offset=10, X Offset=7, TripRate=0%, HitlagMultiplier=x1, SDIMultiplier=x1, Flags=21030293
    Special Offensive Collision: Id=3, Bone=31, Damage=12, ShieldDamage=0, Direction=25, BaseKnockback=60, WeightKnockback=0, KnockbackGrowth=100, Size=4.8, Z Offset=6, Y Offset=0, X Offset=0, TripRate=0%, HitlagMultiplier=x1, SDIMultiplier=x1, Flags=21030293
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=30
    Terminate Catch Collisions
    Terminate Collisions

In SpecialAirSStartG Main:
    Throw Specifier:ID=1, Bone?=0, Damage=4, Direction=0, KnockbackGrowth=10, WeightKnockback=0,BaseKnockback=100, Element=0, UnknownA=1, UnknownB=0, UnknownC=1, UnknownD=0, SFX=2, Direction?=3, UnknownE=true, UnknownF=true, UnknownG=0
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=18
    Catch Collision 2: Value-0, Value-0, Scalar-5, Scalar-0, Scalar-6, Scalar-6.5, Value-E8, Value-2, Value-2,
    Catch Collision 2: Value-1, Value-0, Scalar-5, Scalar-0, Scalar-11, Scalar-6.5, Value-E8, Value-3, Value-2,
    Bit Variable Set: RA-Bit[16] = true
    Special Offensive Collision: Id=2, Bone=0, Damage=12, ShieldDamage=0, Direction=25, BaseKnockback=60, WeightKnockback=0, KnockbackGrowth=100, Size=6, Z Offset=0, Y Offset=10, X Offset=7, TripRate=0%, HitlagMultiplier=x1, SDIMultiplier=x1, Flags=21030293
    Special Offensive Collision: Id=3, Bone=31, Damage=12, ShieldDamage=0, Direction=25, BaseKnockback=60, WeightKnockback=0, KnockbackGrowth=100, Size=4.8, Z Offset=6, Y Offset=0, X Offset=0, TripRate=0%, HitlagMultiplier=x1, SDIMultiplier=x1, Flags=21030293
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=28
    Bit Variable Set: RA-Bit[17] = true
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=31
    Terminate Catch Collisions
    Terminate Collisions

In Subaction SpecialSG Main:
    Throw Specifier:ID=0, Bone?=0, Damage=9, Direction=361, KnockbackGrowth=90, WeightKnockback=0,BaseKnockback=60, Element=13, UnknownA=1, UnknownB=0, UnknownC=1, UnknownD=2, SFX=B, Direction?=3, UnknownE=true, UnknownF=true, UnknownG=0
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=16
    Super/Heavy Armor: State=None, Tolerance=0
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=30
    Throw Applier: Value-0, Value-3E, Variable-RA-Basic[2], Variable-RA-Basic[3], Variable-RA-Basic[4],
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=38
    Bit Variable Set: RA-Bit[23] = true
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=40
    Super/Heavy Armor: State=None, Tolerance=0

In Subaction SpecialAirSCatchG Main:
    Throw Specifier:ID=0, Bone?=0, Damage=12, Direction=361, KnockbackGrowth=82, WeightKnockback=0,BaseKnockback=40, Element=3, UnknownA=1, UnknownB=0, UnknownC=1, UnknownD=2, SFX=B, Direction?=3, UnknownE=true, UnknownF=true, UnknownG=0
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=18
    Set Momentum: Scalar-0, Scalar-5,
    Asynchronous Timer: frames=59
    Throw Applier: Value-0, Value-3E, Variable-RA-Basic[2], Variable-RA-Basic[3], Variable-RA-Basic[4],

Have fun with Fresh New Special Throws
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:58:24 PM by pikazz » Logged

Stupid Tinypic :C

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 07:47:33 AM »

hope you will be updating with the air grab xD

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 08:04:12 AM »

hope you will be updating with the air grab xD
    the airgrab is more difficult than grounded D:

and once the Fighter.pac is rebuildable in brawlbox, it will be a piece of cake!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »

Since Special Grabs are a big thing, I have decided to temporarily sticky this topic. The sticky might stay though.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 11:46:53 AM »

Now it's possible to do Air Grabs!

but I will update the guide to Air Grabs as soon as Brawlbox releases the Fighter.pac rebuilding and with no error to Subroutines

also, Ganondorfs Actions is also shareable!

but somehow, I dont know how to make the opponent follow the ThrowN bone D:
    Since Special Grabs are a big thing, I have decided to temporarily sticky this topic. The sticky might stay though.

yeay! a sticky Happy Face

Pervyman Trigger
    The Perverted Protagonist
    Special Access

HO HEY

• Awards B Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Cookie Clicker!?

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »

Awesome work my lad o3o I have three psa's that needed this

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »

Cool! Is this possible for things like Final Smashs to have this? Like if it hits then you will go into the actual FS?

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 09:29:29 AM »

just to update! since BB hasn't update itself since the last time, I haven't Given out the Aerial Grab tutorial yet.

worse part, i still haven't found a way to make the opponent follow the ThrowN bone! making the grabbed person hover either in air or on your TopN bone!

but I know it's something to do about subactions Thrown(all directions) or something flag I have missed! I really hope I dont have to nullified one of the normal grabs to make the special grab "opponent-follow-the-ThrowN-bone" thingy

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »

just to update! since BB hasn't update itself since the last time, I haven't Given out the Aerial Grab tutorial yet.

worse part, i still haven't found a way to make the opponent follow the ThrowN bone! making the grabbed person hover either in air or on your TopN bone!

but I know it's something to do about subactions Thrown(all directions) or something flag I have missed! I really hope I dont have to nullified one of the normal grabs to make the special grab "opponent-follow-the-ThrowN-bone" thingy
    pikazz if you noticed i the ridley i released uses the cf special upb grab and we noticed the oponent doesnt follow the thrown there  we dont even know what bone they follow since we changed the animationf and now ridley flicks foward doing the special grab in the air just letting you know the thrown doesnt seem to be the leading bone there

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »

pikazz if you noticed i the ridley i released uses the cf special upb grab and we noticed the oponent doesnt follow the thrown there  we dont even know what bone they follow since we changed the animationf and now ridley flicks foward doing the special grab in the air just letting you know the thrown doesnt seem to be the leading bone there
    that's because in air, they get freeze in place there you took them meaning they dont follow a bone in air.

but on ground on the otherhand it's get stuck on the TopN/TransN bone since it's moves along if the character moves

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 12:49:27 PM »

I think it might be because you're using Captain Falcon's grab coding. His Special grab is a little wonky. Try using Ganondorf's grab coding on his Side Special if you can.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 07:36:54 AM »

I think it might be because you're using Captain Falcon's grab coding. His Special grab is a little wonky. Try using Ganondorf's grab coding on his Side Special if you can.
    tried both versions, still no diffirents :/

EDIT: I found out how the throws works! it's inside their Module Files.
    it might be somehow related to Sora_Melee but I haven't found something yet.

but about it, I know how to change the Action the grab can work on, the Action that the character WILL do on grabbed and the working action the opponent will do! it follows the ThrowN bone Cheesy

but we can't add stuff yet, just change the special grabs on existing special grab

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 08:02:06 AM »

At least you're getting closer. =D

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 08:46:02 AM »

At least you're getting closer. =D
    I know now I am really close!
    I added that module piece to ness (because he had pretty similiar struckture in the rel file)
    I was excepting a freeze start, but the awesome is it didn't froze! it load and I could play as ness!

but once he grabbed the opponent, the wii froze silence. I know I am close!
    the worse part is the wii get freeze when you generate articles like PK Fire or PK Flash :c

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 09:40:50 PM »

Do ya think its possible to have Wolf do a similar FS as Ike? Like so he grabs the opponent tosses up (if he can grab. if not it cancels like Ike's would) then hits them alot sends them down then launches them using this?

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: