Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RAWRzilla's Pokemon Import thread [Requests taken once we fix a few things]  (Read 2847 times)
RAWRzilla
Hyper Kitten

Texture Archivist

• Awards Renowned Hacker Starstormer Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: September 10, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »

Now that I'm done submitting all the Pokemon imports Ive been working on over the last 2 months, I require the community's help with some of them. Regardless of how you feel about Pokemon in general, I think we can all agree my imports qualify for a certain degree of professionalism, and I really do try my best to make sure they not only work correctly, but look cool too (Personally proud of how I made Abra's teleport work).

In my endeavors for importing, a couple of imports didn't work out well. Some were model size issues and were out of my hands (which makes no sense because Wailord is HUUUUUUUUUUGE), and some I am still completely stumped on why they were "failing". The model would show up in-game, and animation would play fine, but would freeze about a second into the animation. Those of you who are accomplished hackers will note the oddity of an animation freezing halfway through.

The list is as follows:

Green = Working Consistently
    Purple = Working, with issues
    Blue=Untested
    Yellow = Not working completely
    Red = Failing completely

Freeze due to model size
    Boss Darkrai over Deoxys [Freezes at end of attack]
    Dusknoir over Manaphy [Freezes at end of attack]

Glalie over Suicune [Just plain freezes due to lack of bone structure? Unsure.]
    Pokepark Groudon over Groudon [Just plain freezes]
    Rayquaza over Deoxys [Just plain freezes]

Freeze due to unknown reason
    Camerupt over Entei [Freezes midway through animation]
    Excadrill over Metagross [Freezes midway through animation]
    Krookodile over Metagross [Freezes midway through animation]
    Rhyperior over Metagross [Freezes midway through animation]
    Tyranitar over Metagross [Freezes midway through animation]
    Psyduck over Togepi [Freezes midway through animation]

Other issues
    Thundurus over Jirachi [Cannot get Jirachi to appear with codes, so I couldn't test to my satisfaction]
    Landorus over Celebi [Couldn't get Celebi to appear with codes, so I couldn't test to my satisfaction]

Gyarados over Kyogre [This one I released, but for some reason, the water comes out of his middle, but there is still spray around his mouth. Tried renaming bones, but no dice.]

If anybody is willing to help me find solutions to these, I could release more hacks, as well as take on any requests. I'll need you guys to test and take pictures though, as my Wii's SD slot has finally given out on me after 4 years of dedicated modding. Sad

Thanks, all!  Laugh

Post Merge: September 10, 2012, 12:36:27 PM
    [Reserved for Requests]  Shocked

GanonZack
    Extreme Kitten

Dark Lord's Disciple: GanonZack

• Awards Featured Ninja Tutorial Writer Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »

Hey!, I send you a pm with my suggestions, they aren't request and if your choice if you decide to do them or not.
    I love some of your poke imports, but for some reason, my game freezes randomly.
    I know this isn't caused by my stages or character hacks... What do you think it can be?

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:05:49 PM »

Just gotta thank you for Lilligant, since I tried doing that months ago and it didn't work at all.

Also I'm gonna be sad if your Magikarp is better than mine =[
    I know it is

RAWRzilla
    Hyper Kitten

Texture Archivist

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 05:45:54 AM »

I'm fairly certain the random freeze is caused by Brawl having too much in memory, which is caused by most (if not all) of these imports being slightly larger than the original Pokemon they're over. The poly count is way larger, I can tell you that much.
    Other than somebody importing the model to 3DSMax, lowering the poly count and exporting WITHOUT losing the original rig, I don't think there's anything we could do about this, unfortunately. Sad

@hotdogturtle: I also frustrated myseld trying to do Lilligant a couple months ago. It wasnt until recently that I tried a different method while trying to import Chandelure and managed to make it work. I then went back to Lilligant and Emboar and realized it worked for everyone. So that's how this got started. I've been trying to make this work on and off for over a year, but Brawlbox wasnt up to the task until recently.

Edit: I'm tempted to take pictures of the failing hacks just to prove that they do indeed work, if not for a couple seconds. I posted to get some help, after all...
    « Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:37:03 PM by RAWRzilla » Logged

RAWRzilla
    Hyper Kitten

Texture Archivist

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 08:52:42 AM »

Ba-bump for interest

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: