Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Claymore PSA  (Read 4819 times)
poxag
Advanced Kitten

• Awards >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 11, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »

Alright well this will be my first attempt at PSA.  I will be trying to recreate the character Clare from the Claymore Manga series.  I will be using Zelda as a base.  I was informed that I could Model swap a sword with one of zelda's effect files in order to have her wield a (very large)sword.  If that wont work I'll come up with something else

for those of you unfamiliar with claymore this is what Clare looks like: http://images.absoluteanime.com/claymore/clare.jpg

So I havent begun yet but I will list ideas.  I am better at making textures right now so I will begin with that.  I also plan to make textures of several other Claymore characters as well just as a bonus.  I would also appreciate suggestions of any kind.  

So here is the texture so far its not finished but I figure people would take a second look at the tis thread if there was something to look at:
      more updated version

She is meant to have good speed and strength since in the manga she is known to have both, she will also have range similar to Ike's since she will wield a huge sword.  To balance her speed, strength and range, she will be pretty light.  

here are her special moves so far:

Neutral B:Quicksword
                Clare's signature move:  Basically she will appear to sheath her sword, but everything in front of her will be sliced by what seems to be the air.  This serves as attack as well as defense and it will block most projecctiles,  this will be a damage racking move, similar to Ivysaur's bullet seed, the hitboxes will be infront of clare only so she will be unprotected from behind.  If she starts the attack from close enough she can easily rack up to 40-50 damage like Ivysaur can.  she can hold it indefinitely.

Side B:(possibly?) Sword Throw
                Clare will hold the sword ready to throw, she will be stationary while preparing to throw the sword.  she can direct the initial trajectory like pit can choose to throw his arrows up or side ways.  will have low power, not a killing move, but may be useful for gimping recovery.  This one I'm not sure about,  I don't like the idea of throwing her sword.  I chose this because she throws her sword one time in the manga.  If anyone can come up with a better move I will probably change this

Down B:Yoki Sense(you'll understand this if u read Claymore)
                 In the manga Clare has the ability to predict her opponentes movements if she focuses hard enough.  idea with this move was that while it is activated, in a small radius around her the other characters move in slow motion,  but the slow motion ends when clare attacks or uses a roll.  it will have a very short duration and she will not be able to use her other special moves while in this mode.(in the comic she has to suppress her energy to do this so it makes sense,  and I realized that if she was able to just freeze enemies and then use the quicksword she would be cheap as hell)

Up B:Yoma release: legs
                 Clare would release the yoma energy in her legs and then be able to move in a quickburst in any direction, similar to lucario's extremespeed but without being able to curve the movement and with less lag in the startup.  She will be able to attack out of it as well.(this one I also don't like very much I would like it if one of you could come up with something better)

I would appreciate any kind of help at this point, I really need it.  I have never done PSA before so It will take time and a little help to put out a high quality hack.  I would also like suggestions, any idea about her side special and up special would be appreciated.  Especially if you can find something in The Manga that I could use that would be great, if not ust anything cooler than what I posted will be appreciated

So thats it for now,  I havent been around the forums for awhile so Im just starting to get back in to the whole Brawl hacking thing.  My goal is to put out alot of high quality work so get pumped.  
    This is a link to my photobucket which has all of my old texture hacks: http://s732.photobucket.com/albums/ww323/Poxag/

I was a member of a texture team called Fit Artifex which was one of the teams from Stacksmash's blog space.  The team collapsed but we put out alot of good textures that aren't really on the net anymore since Stacksmash moved. but here are pics of mine, Ill post downloads of any of those if they are requested
    This is only the first of a long list of Hacks that I have in mind.  stay tuned for more updates, I should finish the Texture by this end of this weekend
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:08:20 AM by poxag » Logged

xmanfit0
    Your Favorite Home Tutor
    Extreme Kitten

If you're lucky you'll die without pain

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 09:03:22 PM »

Look forward to it, dude. Seen a lot of good textures from you and Fit Artifex, sorry it died.

Click on my character sig for a Guide on THP making, and on the Brawlvault bar directly above for my collection of THP videos.
    Brawl FC- 1634-5170-8615

Fen
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 05:23:19 PM »

I also think that this is a neat idea.  I commend you for going for something original.  Best of luck.

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

Seriously trying to be less inactive

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 09:10:01 PM »

Well this is indeed an interesting idea, I support it fully.  I hope you haven't given up on this, I'd love to see Clare in Brawl. 

poxag
    Advanced Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 07:53:04 PM »

I'm in the middle of working on the texture right now, on smashboards they've recently figured out how to edit vertices so I think I'm going to use that so as to make clare look as good as possible.  I'm having kind of a hard time with her skirt, since Zelda's skirt is partly covered by here jacket thing I have to line the teo textures up, and the two pieces are in different tga files.  I will prolly post pictures of the texture soon.  I do however need a volunteer to take a video of the psa when I get around to making it. 

poxag
    Advanced Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 01:09:11 AM »

the texture is up now, I will be using vertice editing to make it look even better

poxag
    Advanced Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 07:39:18 PM »

nvm about the verice editing, its impossible , not really but it's a pain in the ass,  i will try again later when somebody makes an automatic version. 

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 09:09:39 PM »

this looks so awesome!!! 
    HYPEM

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: