Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Someone help me Re Map This?  (Read 1192 times)
Naruto200Man
Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: September 23, 2012, 08:08:40 PM »

Okay, so....the original models hands were far from t-posed. However I found another pair of hands that are from the same game and I've decided to just retexture those. however there's a bit of a problem.

I need to make This

Look like this(texture wise)

I may have to just make a new material but the way the image is mapped is kind of confusing on how to set it up.

Red93
    Texture Cookie
    Hyper Kitten

Life is a cookie.

• Awards KCMM 2012 Awards Winner Pin Collector Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

What character is it for?
    And I don't think there's any easy way to do it. I've had this situation happen to me a few times, especially with my Bowser Texture. Bowser's hands do something similar to your pictures there.
    For what I know, you just have to play around with the texture and try to place the glove material in the place so that it lines up the way you want it to.
    It's kind of a pain in the butt...
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:56:52 AM by Red93 » Logged

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:16:23 AM »

What character is it for?
    And I don't think there's any easy way to do it. I've had this situation happen to me a few times, especially with my Bowser Texture. Bowser's hands do something similar to your pictures there.
    For what I know, you just have to play around with the texture and try to place the glove material in the place so that it lines up the way you want it to.
    It's kind of a pain in the butt...

Yeah, I did that for about three hours imo I couldn't get it to look perfect, though I guess I was impatient cause I was tired. Maybe I'll try again  later today. :3

It's for Young Samus's model from Metroid Other M, her hands are those in the second pic, while the hands of her Zero Suit model are in the first pic. They're t-posed like a brawl character, but for some odd reason Young Samus's wasn't. I suppose it was just nintendo being lazy because Young Samus was only used in a couple of the games Cutscenes.

Red93
    Texture Cookie
    Hyper Kitten

Life is a cookie.

• Awards KCMM 2012 Awards Winner Pin Collector Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:06:35 AM »

Oh I see... Yeah sometimes you have to walk away from it for a bit. I know I do at times. xD
    And best of luck with it! =)

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: