Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Hacking Quality is down! News at 10!  (Read 15165 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 11:38:03 AM »

Separate but equal never works.

This a thousand times over. Why do you think we did away with that doctrine here in the US years ago?

Cause it didn't work, of course.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 11:41:50 AM »

Those two sections already exist, they're called "Brawl Vault" and "Recycle Bin". People are just doing a bad job at throwing things in the second list.
    So the BV staff sucks at their job now?

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »

We sometimes cry because of the kind of stuff we have to approve. Cry
    There's nothing we can do to stop them when they are not breaking any rules.

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

Download my stages then U have my permission 2 die

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Active Contributor Famous Hacker

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »

Dude, that's like... segregation :p I see where you're coming from, but people would feel bad if their stuff was put into the "mediocre" section.

I think there should be maybe a quality control person?

Fair enough but......Idk because a quality control person seems a bit risky. Considering people have different opinions on different hacks. Example, that Arceus hack may be deemed as "AWSOME" to some people and its getting alot of downloads, but to more expirenced hackers it seems crappy due to lack of animation and stuff.....

How about a quality control GROUP?

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 12:03:39 PM »

No, because that would be limiting on people's "right" to submit hacks.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »

Personally I don't see how the quality has dropped.  There have always been [censored]ty hacks.  It's not that quality has dropped, it's that it's easier than ever to make good mods and as a result there is less of a reason for them to be [censored].  

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »

Another problem with the two Brawl Vault sections is that no one would visit the [censored]ty section. It'd literally be a "DO NOT ENTER" sorta deal.

In comment to an approval/disapproval system, think about all of the sites that do work like that. Even if something is technically following the rules, it can still be disapproved if it sucks enough ass. I think it works out fine- Even tell the person why their mod was disapproved, that way they can work on fixing it. Hopefully, they'll re-submit it and get it approved.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »

So the BV staff sucks at their job now?

Notice how I said "people" and not "staff".

Notice how you're overreacting.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 12:18:02 PM »

Another problem with the two Brawl Vault sections is that no one would visit the [censored]ty section. It'd literally be a "DO NOT ENTER" sorta deal.

In comment to an approval/disapproval system, think about all of the sites that do work like that. Even if something is technically following the rules, it can still be disapproved if it sucks enough ass. I think it works out fine- Even tell the person why their mod was disapproved, that way they can work on fixing it. Hopefully, they'll re-submit it and get it approved.

I actually like that idea you just suggested. Maybe the people approving the hack could also give it a # rating that's posted next to the hack to inform the down loaders and the creator about the quality of the hack. However the hack would still have to get through the GENERAL judgement just to see if it gets put on the vault first. Then the rating would be for after that. So the rating would start at like 5 and go to 10. There would be no 0-4 because every hack that's approved would be at least DECENT which would be about a 5.
     But then again like SJS said, that's restricting submition rights sooo......

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 12:21:49 PM »

Alternate solution: even out the [censored]ty hacks by releasing a ton of good hacks

Okay, get to work guys.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

SmashClash
    This is my title.
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container >9000 Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »

Alternate solution: even out the [censored]ty hacks by releasing a ton of good hacks

Okay, get to work guys.
    I agree. There have been a lack of decent hacks recently.
    We have plenty imports imo, but we lack more good stages and PSAs(SDo0m D: D: D:).

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »

I actually like that idea you just suggested. Maybe the people approving the hack could also give it a # rating that's posted next to the hack to inform the down loaders and the creator about the quality of the hack. However the hack would still have to get through the GENERAL judgement just to see if it gets put on the vault first. Then the rating would be for after that. So the rating would start at like 5 and go to 10. There would be no 0-4 because every hack that's approved would be at least DECENT which would be about a 5.
     But then again like SJS said, that's restricting submition rights sooo......

This idea has been posed so many times.  It's never going to happen.

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 12:37:26 PM »

I agree. There have been a lack of decent hacks recently.
    We have plenty imports imo, but we lack more good stages and PSAs(SDo0m D: D: D:).

There doesn't seem to be many stage hackers in general actually. There's like 3 stage releases every 10 character/PSA releases. And only like 1-2 of the 3 are even good most of the time.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 12:37:31 PM »

There has always been [censored] on the Vault. Always has been, always will be, but quite frankly, the influx of such [censored]ty hacks is so frequent that [censored]NoBrawlVault could end up making daily posts for years, five times a day. What am I implying? I am imply there is a dreadful lack of quality in the Vault these days.

Lemme show you two texture hacks.

vs
    Which is the quality hack? If you guessed the one on the left, then thankfully, you have a functioning brain.

Next we move onto Model Imports.

vs
    Which is the quality hack? If you guessed on the on the right. You're smarter than over half the people who have posted stuff to the vault.

Why am I being so scathing in regards to people's intelligence. Cause nobody who is smart would make a completely half-assed rig like they did to poor Arceus in that model import, and like they did to Lucario by just making his colors a photo negative of the original colors. This severe lack of quality is getting downloads on the Vault. Sure. Most of the counts are small, but the fact remains that the fact that they got any downloads at all just proves how little the majority of people seem to care for quality anymore.

These noobs are flooding the vault with pointless, unambitious, and overall fugly hacks and they are setting very bad examples for the rest of the community.

This is incredibly rude and uncalled for.  Seriously, I'm not sure what motivated you to post this Velen, but it certainly illustrates your true colors. Was your first hack the [censored]ing mona lisa? No, it was this piece of [censored].  Did you ever consider that people's first works aren't going to be the best in the world? That there's a learning curve to all of this, and that to get better, you have to start somewhere? How terribly near-sighted and elitist of you.  There's a pretty simple method to not having to deal with low quality hacks: Don't [censored]ing download them, sort by download count, search by artist or team. Download count generally reflects quality of a hack.  There are other methods, such as rating, featured, or staff picks, that can be observed in the google play store or the App store, but that's a different matter.  Have you ever [censored]ing searched for music you like before? It isn't rocket science.  You have no right to get mad at the community in general for something you deem as A LACK OF QUALITY.  Did you ever consider what you deem to be a quality hack is different from what someone else thinks?  And lets face it, you're probably prone to have an unpopular opinion anyways.  You have no [censored]ing grounds to stand on. You're being a giant man baby.

Seeing this almost makes me afraid to upload anymore hacks to be honest.

This is what this kind of post elicits. People like you stifle creativity and progress. Feedback is important in the community because it catalyzes creativity and progress. This is not feedback.  This is being a genuine [censored].  You aren't worth the bytes of data your OP consists of. [censored] you.

EDIT: added OP quote
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:08:09 PM by NaOH » Logged

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »

This idea has been posed so many times.  It's never going to happen.

Lmao I figured that much, but I was just trying to build of Piks ideas i guess

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5
    Print
    Jump to: