Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Hacking Quality is down! News at 10!  (Read 15166 times)
LC-DDM
Not your average sprite!
Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: September 30, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »

As much as I hate to say it I agree with Noah, we'd just be like the P:M community except not turning Brawl into Melee.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

Download my stages then U have my permission 2 die

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Active Contributor Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: September 30, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »

I suppose he IS right however. This website isn't for the BEST hackers. It's for everyone who wants to upload their works of art.....

If you want to see good hacks constantly being uploaded I guess you would have to join a good team and go to there website and see them there.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: September 30, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »

Noah is right, nobody starts with something perfect.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2012, 12:55:22 PM »

Download count generally reflects quality of a hack.

Agreed with just about everything besides this. More often than not, I see hacks downloaded simply because there is a name attached to it, not because the actual hack was done properly. And there are multiple people who get downloads simply because some know their name and don't really care about quality.

Also, as it's been pointed out, there's just no way to implement some sort of "quality control." You can't deny someone the right to upload their stuff simply because it's a disgusting heap of a lazy import. Just look at the preview pics (assuming they provided some, which in most instances is not the case >_>) and if you don't like what you see, move on. Simple as that.

I myself haven't downloaded anything for just about the past few weeks or so simply because nothing released lately is of any interest to me. It's sad and all that junk, but whatever. I'm not complaining because this is a website dedicated to modding a video game involving Nintendo characters, so it's not as though any of this really matters in the long haul.

Lastly, I'm surprised this even made it to page 4.

jrush64
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Starstormer Renowned Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: September 30, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »

@NaOH. I agree with you. This is just seriously.... lame. Some people on this board just seem like major [censored]s.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »

I agree. There have been a lack of decent hacks recently.
    We have plenty imports imo, but we lack more good stages and PSAs(SDo0m D: D: D:).

To be perfectly honest, there have been a few reasons why I haven't been making any.

1) They take too long to get to a standard that I want
    2) This year is my final year at school and it's a busy one.  
    3) Whatever time I have for modding/animating is usually dedicated to Project:M
    4) Lack of motivation to make movesets.  Especially once I get past the animation stage and move onto the PSA part.  It just starts getting rather tedious from there, particularly having to deal with any glitches that are bound to crop up.  That's kind of what I'm enjoying about focusing on P:M stuff.  I know I don't have to PSA much at all since better coders will do it.

Noah is right, nobody starts with something perfect.

I'd have to agree with this as well.  Even the best start rather lowly.  But what makes the best stand out his how they learn from their initial efforts and how they strive to improve, as well as demonstrating from their initial works that they are willing to invest some time into trying to make something awesome.  

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

Download my stages then U have my permission 2 die

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Active Contributor Famous Hacker

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2012, 01:01:23 PM »

Well said Gamma

Now that I think of it......Why are we still even talking about this?
    Bottom line (since we can't change the submition rules)
    If you see a hack you don't like.......Just don't download it and move on.....

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: September 30, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »

Agreed with just about everything besides this. More often than not, I see hacks downloaded simply because there is a name attached to it, not because the actual hack was done properly. And there are multiple people who get downloads simply because some know their name and don't really care about quality.
    That's certainly true; the same thing occurs with certain characters that have a popularity, like shadow.
    Lastly, I'm surprised this even made it to page 4.
    QFT. It does elicit a negative response though, he was undoubtedly just trying to get a rise out of people.
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:12:16 PM by NaOH » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 01:41:16 PM »

I'm kinda surprised that it got this far as well. I think it was only up to page two last night.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 01:54:06 PM »

I figured this topic would've been modded a while ago.  It just seems like total flamebait.  Whatever.

But yeah, I agree that not everyone can or should be expected to make hacks that could be called works of art.  It'd be great if they did, but that's unrealistic.  A more realistic (and helpful) expectation would be that everyone here should be accepting and helpful to newer members of the community who want to become better Brawl hackers but don't quite know how.  That's more productive than saying "All these hacks blow!"

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: September 30, 2012, 02:11:52 PM »

I figured this topic would've been modded a while ago.  It just seems like total flamebait.  Whatever.
    And why would this topic have any need of being moderated? So far, it looks clean, aside from Noah's reponse to Velen's OP (Which called for it, as it was a straight punch in the face to those modders), where both are clearly being straight forward. So long as there's no splicit insults and everything is about hacks and their quality, it should be fine.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »

And why would this topic have any need of being moderated? So far, it looks clean, aside from Noah's reponse to Velen's OP (Which called for it, as it was a straight punch in the face to those modders), where both are clearly being straight forward. So long as there's no splicit insults and everything is about hacks and their quality, it should be fine.
    Well, I just based that off of the title and the OP.  It seemed like the kind of topic that would be full of moddable things.  Maybe I've spent too much time on other boards were people aren't as friendly to each other.

Red93
    Texture Cookie
    Hyper Kitten

Life is a cookie.

• Awards KCMM 2012 Awards Winner Hot Topic Pin Collector Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »

I agree with the OP in a lot of ways. This is actually a very large percentage of the reason why I've more or less dedicated the majority of my vault to textures, since I too feel the same lack in the vault... But I've only been on on this site for 3 months, so by comparison, my stuff is pretty insignificant to the vault in numbers. I hope a lot of others get the same idea as far as improving the vault.

Also, I completely agree with Noah's point about downloads reflecting quality.
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:41:42 PM by Red93 » Logged

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: September 30, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »

If I made a few topics calling out a few specific brawl vault submissions and saying how fugly they were and how much they sucked, there wouldn't be a problem?

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: September 30, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »

If I made a few topics calling out a few specific brawl vault submissions and saying how fugly they were and how much they sucked, there wouldn't be a problem?
    If you put it that way, I agree he was rude in the OP, yes, just as rude as you were on your reply to him. So I'd either go for both of you or just let it go and actually ask you both to not turn this into a flame war.
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:14:13 PM by Albafika » Logged

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5
    Print
    Jump to: