Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Platforms in stages not appearing.  (Read 1904 times)
Gatlaeus
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:53:16 PM »

So I just started getting into modding Brawl, and I'm having trouble with editing stages. The stages I've downloaded that came with .rels work fine, but some files only came with a .pac file. For those I downloaded .rels from the data partition, but when I use those to load stages, the platforms are invisible.

For example, I downloaded Halberd in Space, and it only came with a .pac. So I downloaded the st_halberd.rel file separately. But while the background and such load properly, the main platform of the stage is invisible.

Is there some step I'm missing?

Shinobu Nyan!
Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »

Your issue is that st_halberd.rel is for the unedited Halberd stage. If the stage Halberd in Space was based on a different stage you need to change the .rel.
    There are a few ways to do this.
    1. Very Simple, Just Go Here http://www.lakora.us/rel/
    Click the stage that Halberd in Space was based on in the left column, and the stage in goes over in the right. Press Download.
    2. A Little Harder, Download This http://www.mediafire.com/?rmr2j837li4867n
    Put your unedited .rels in the "rel" folder (no quotes) Open the program and click the .rel you want to change. In the top drop-down box select the stage you clicked (should be highlighted) in the bottom selected the stage you want to replace. Click Start. Go to the folder called edited and get your new .rel

I'd use the first method, but download the seconds program. You never know when the internet will go down.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Gatlaeus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 05:34:50 PM »

Awesome, that worked perfectly, thanks a lot!

Post Merge: October 17, 2012, 05:57:41 PM
    Okay, so that was the only stage I have that worked. I figure it worked that well wince it was just a texture change. I used Halberd as the base to replace Halberd.

However, I'm trying to run Brawl Galaxy for Battlefield. The stage is completely different from vanilla Battlefield. I tried using Battlefield as the base to replace Battlefield, but when I ran the game, I just got vanilla Battlefield (though with visible platforms, so I guess that's fixed).

I have a few other stages that are giving me the same issue, but I figure if I figure out how to run one I'll figure out how to run all of them.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:57:41 PM by Gatlaeus » Logged

GanonZack
    Extreme Kitten

Dark Lord's Disciple: GanonZack

• Awards Featured Ninja Tutorial Writer Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »

Awesome, that worked perfectly, thanks a lot!

Post Merge: October 17, 2012, 05:57:41 PM
    Okay, so that was the only stage I have that worked. I figure it worked that well wince it was just a texture change. I used Halberd as the base to replace Halberd.

However, I'm trying to run Brawl Galaxy for Battlefield. The stage is completely different from vanilla Battlefield. I tried using Battlefield as the base to replace Battlefield, but when I ran the game, I just got vanilla Battlefield (though with visible platforms, so I guess that's fixed).

I have a few other stages that are giving me the same issue, but I figure if I figure out how to run one I'll figure out how to run all of them.
    But Brawl Galaxy goes over Battlefield originally, you don't need to have a rel file to put it over Battlefield...

Gatlaeus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »

Oh, I thought .rel files were what directed the system to replace a default stage with a different stage. I'm loading files from an SD card. If I don't have an st_battle.rel file, but I've got the Brawl Galaxy STGBATTLEFIELD.pac file, it still just plays vanilla Battlefield.

GanonZack
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 07:30:04 PM »

The rel files of stages don't work of that form.
    You can put a stage that originally goes over Final Destination on Final Destination without anything. But, if you need to put that stage which originally goes over FD on other stage, then you can use a rel file.
    And, that's very strange, have you replaced the vanilla battlefield with Brawl Galaxy in the SD card?

Gatlaeus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »

Yeah. The SD card has STGBATTLEFIELD.pac on it, which is the Brawl Galaxy file. I took off the st_battle.rel file. I assumed you needed .rel files 'cause I've never had a custom stage load unless it had an accompanying .rel file in the Module folder.

GanonZack
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »

Well, if the description of the custom stage says that it need the rel file, then you need it, if it doesn't say anything about it, then you don't need it.
    I'm sorry if I can't help you with your problem.

Gatlaeus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »

It's alright, thanks for trying. Maybe I'll poke around with a few things and figure it out.

Shinobu Nyan!
    Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 02:01:33 PM »

A little late to reply, but it's no problem.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Gatlaeus
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 03:28:04 PM »

Is there something different about Final Destination and Battlefield? Every other stage I've tried changing has changed just fine, except these two. I've tried with and without .rels. I tried other mods, too. For FD, I've tried Final Frustration and Astral Phazon Destination. Battlefield I'm trying to get Pokemon HGSS Burned Tower to work. All I get is the vanilla versions of the stages.

EDIT: Oh, and Smashville isn't working either. I've tried Daigo Village and Smashville Intro, but I'm having the same issues there.
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:06:27 PM by Gatlaeus » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: