Perfect .Rel porting Progress -Lucario is first Pack. Ganon is new .rel-

Started by SonicBrawler, November 10, 2012, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lucario Won. Who should be the new Plug and Play?

Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
ROB
Fox
Falco
Luigi
Interesting PW.
I haven't been really even trying to do this kinda stuff anymore, but it is interesting.

I would also like to know what lines you added/edited
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 08, 2013, 03:44:17 AM #347 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 03:46:58 AM by PhantomWings
More Plug&Play modules:

Plug&Play Modules v1.1:
ft_link
ft_marth
ft_pit
ft_ike
ft_lucario

(Credit to Dantarion for his documentation of the modules on OpenSA.com)

I've also made a new revision to the Plug&Play model. Most of it was just to make the modules a bit easier to deal with on my end, but the new modules also now cover any bugs related to entry and result screen files as well as a few other character related flags. I've also disabled Kirby Hats for all cloned characters to avoid possible complications involving character resources (They can still be enabled, but you get the original character's hat).

As far as I've tested, all 5 of these modules work perfectly in game (Including Lucario, who's Aura Sphere now properly shows up). However, the bugs concerning when graphical and sound files get loaded and unloaded still remains. Also, while the modules do patch the soundbanks, the soundbanks actually get read before the module is loaded - so the first time you load them, they won't have the proper soundbank loaded.

I've also added a small tweak to the Module Editor 3 to make it easier to change the modules between characters.

Module Editor v3.2

To change a module, simply open it up in the editor and make the following changes:

- Change the module Id of the file to the target module Id.
- Open Section[8] in the memory viewer and change the first value to the target character Id.

The list of module and character Ids is here:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




As far as how these modules work: simply put, they are just doing the same thing that codes do, but they make things a whole lot simpler by exploiting the powerful nature of relocations as well as the fact that modules are programs that can be run when they're loaded up.

For each module, I've added a simple program in Section[7] that gets called first during the module's _prolog function. Section[7] is identical across all of the Plug&Play modules. The actual changes and associated data are stored in Section[8] of the module. These are hex strings that are used to patch the game files when the module is loaded; this includes things like constants and color flags as well as any changes that need to be made to sora_melee. One final block in Section[8] is responsible for identifying what changes need to be made inside the module itself in order for it to function properly.

It's really quite a simple, but elegant solution to the whole mess of dealing with modules and how they integrate with sora_melee along with other global data. Making them isn't that hard - it's just tedious given the tools currently available to edit modules. The hardest part is finding the areas in sora_melee that actually need to be patched to have the cloned characters run properly.

April 08, 2013, 04:12:07 AM #348 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:22:50 AM by Shun_One
...These will be highly useful to me going forward. I must test them properly.

I'm also curious as to where the id's you'd change for the sound banks lie, but I'm pretty sure that information is out there somewhere. I'll just have to look around for it.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Damn PW. Just... damn. I'm speechless :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


stop amaze me PW :srs:

still wanna convert those to PAL codes :/ will be hard to find the right relocation data to right thing in sora_melee
Quote from: Shun_One on April 08, 2013, 04:12:07 AM
...These will be highly useful to me going forward. I must test them properly.

I'm also curious as to where the id's you'd change for the sound banks lie, but I'm pretty sure that information is out there somewhere. I'll just have to look around for it.
last time I found the sound bank was in sora_melee, edit it will give you right sound bank id
Stupid Tinypic :C

so we can make a .rel of any brawl character now and make it work perfect


You never cease to suprise me blue hedgehog

Nicely done
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

PW this is amazing!  Thank you so much for figuring this out!  (Finally a Mewtwo vs Lucario with no codes)
You are one (if the not the best) of the best Brawl Hackers of ALL TIME :happy:


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Just tried out kid buu over toon link, works perfectly! :af2:

Wait a second...

Wait, just a second...

ft_link?

wat?

Someone put me down before I say something stupid


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Good work PW, I see youve been putting some more time into this!
You should visit IRC sometime.

Hmmm... I like that Link can now be ported. Maybe I can port my Nazrin. XD