Perfect .Rel porting Progress -Lucario is first Pack. Ganon is new .rel-

Started by SonicBrawler, November 10, 2012, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lucario Won. Who should be the new Plug and Play?

Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
ROB
Fox
Falco
Luigi
wow PhantomWings your the best all i want is a wolf .rel and ill be happy but a mario and a snake .rel thats awesome i can continue having my psa over snake now with out getting rid of snake

Quote from: PhantomWings on April 11, 2013, 08:11:47 PM
Well it looks like porting Snake was a lot harder than I thought it would be. In the end, I updated the Plug&Play model to v1.2 to cover a certain oddity in sora_melee that made it difficult to patch entry data. There's not too many changes except for a new _prolog function that gets called before the v1.1 function. If anyone's had any problems porting characters over Fox, Falco, Peach, Wario, Metaknight or Snake, then this would be the cause for it.

The 3 new modules are Mario, Sonic and Snake

Plug&Play Modules v1.2:
ft_mario.rel
ft_link.rel
ft_marth.rel
ft_pit.rel
ft_lucario.rel
ft_ike.rel
ft_snake.rel
ft_sonic.rel


While cloning characters to completely new slots is technically possible using the Plug&Play modules, you still need to have interface elements, CSPs, and CSS icons for the new character slot. You also need to add a new .rel and .pac file paths to sora_melee so they get loaded according to the new character Id. Because the .rel can't actually patch it's own file string, you'll have to use codes. Perhaps a creative individual could come up with a patch function that executes on sora_menu_selchar_access.rel or some other modules which makes the appropriate changes when it is loaded.


One other thing to note, while CPUs no longer exhibit behavior dictated by the A.I. controller functions (such as Olimar's constant Neutral B usage) they do still seem to exhibit some behavior of the original characters such as when they use their FS. The only A.I. related data I know of are the A.I. controllers and the A.I. files inside the MotionEtc files so I'm not sure what needs to be patched to fixed this.



I think I'm going to take a break from hacking after this. I've done a pretty hefty hacking marathon this week and have neglected a lot of important things thanks to that. But we have made a lot of progress here.
wow, you never quit to amaze me PW :srs:

and you deserve a break, we have got pretty far about this!

I did think about that code to add new slots O.o, that would require a code that can add a "new" ID to the speficik Slot that also "directs" to the new folder that Sora_Melee handle like "FitRoy" and "Ft_roy.rel"
Stupid Tinypic :C

PW, can you comment more on the AI controllers you referred to here?
I have made a lot of progress on AI and that may be what I need to finish things off

Epic job
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

lol, all that I can say now is that brawl hacking went skyrocket this year!

also, cant do much hack right now cause my screen is bad, each time I touch it I kill 5 pixels D:
but something is wrong, it loads at CSS but after 5 sec, it freeze :/ like a bad converted code or something missed. I want that all PAL users should enjoy the plug&play modules too D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

First off.  The Lucario over Yoshi rel PW sent me worked and those new ones are AWESOME!
But, will we be able to port all characters using this?
(And yay to the possibility of adding CSS slots)


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: Dantarion on April 11, 2013, 08:40:47 PM
PW, can you comment more on the AI controllers you referred to here?
I have made a lot of progress on AI and that may be what I need to finish things off

I don't know a whole lot about them myself. They are stored in the middle of a vtable at 0x80B27A34. More specifically, they're stored at m1b[5] 0x48B94[/i] and happen to be positioned right beside a reference to the string "aiInput". Each one corresponds to a character id and gets called constantly during a match. Back with some of my earlier attempts at creating clone modules, they caused the game to crash for certain CPU clones when they were left unchanged. However, it also crashed when I was working with the Plug&Play modules and accidentally set the ptr to 0 even though I was a player at the time - so it seems they aren't exclusively called just for CPUs.

I tried out Snake over Falco, everything works perfectly except he freezes on his final smash. Did I forget something?


You put him on Falco. Falco shares a final smash with Fox.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


PW why cant we rel port over the existing unused chars? we already saw dantarian using the roy slot a long time ago and with this modules i would love to put mewtwo over the roy slot xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on April 12, 2013, 08:08:10 AM
PW why cant we rel port over the existing unused chars? we already saw dantarian using the roy slot a long time ago and with this modules i would love to put mewtwo over the roy slot xD
I am actually trying to test to use Mewtwos or Roy slots for the Plug&Play modules as soon I got my PAL version working!
when try to find a way to make a new slot load one of them
Stupid Tinypic :C

i decide to pop up; and a long dream finally came true, Link became Portable and so did mario.

now i wish i could have Luigi ported so i can put Bomberman over someone. but time's are for not wishing, it's time to be appreciative and play with what we got; can't wait to get home and start playing around with those modules.

and pikazz; you plan on finding a way, yourself to activate an extra slot? maybe we could ues the Alloys as a base, they are their and you could give them special codes to make them work with their own slots (sharing other character's icons) maybe find a way to change those old base codes and just make it to where we can load one modified .rel with a different name using up those Alloy slots (unfortunetely disabling SSE in many ways)

or do you have a different approach?
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on April 12, 2013, 12:02:06 PM
i decide to pop up; and a long dream finally came true, Link became Portable and so did mario.

now i wish i could have Luigi ported so i can put Bomberman over someone. but time's are for not wishing, it's time to be appreciative and play with what we got; can't wait to get home and start playing around with those modules.

and pikazz; you plan on finding a way, yourself to activate an extra slot? maybe we could ues the Alloys as a base, they are their and you could give them special codes to make them work with their own slots (sharing other character's icons) maybe find a way to change those old base codes and just make it to where we can load one modified .rel with a different name using up those Alloy slots (unfortunetely disabling SSE in many ways)

or do you have a different approach?
different approach, there are some ways I want to test inside Sora_melee without any codes!
want to see first of all that you can use one of those forbidden 7's ID slot with a Plug&Play over one existing character.

IF it works, when we only have to actually found a way to add one more slot that load that specific ID
Stupid Tinypic :C

weren't it "forgotten" 7, instead of forbidden?

(this post is to merely stay informed about the thread)