Perfect .Rel porting Progress -Lucario is first Pack. Ganon is new .rel-

Started by SonicBrawler, November 10, 2012, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lucario Won. Who should be the new Plug and Play?

Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
ROB
Fox
Falco
Luigi
Im looking to port lucario over to jiggly cause my lucario is occupied by another psa. Can anyone help me get a perfect lucario over jiggly rel port?... If that is even possible atm..

Quote from: -X-77 on May 03, 2013, 05:17:33 PM
Im looking to port lucario over to jiggly cause my lucario is occupied by another psa. Can anyone help me get a perfect lucario over jiggly rel port?... If that is even possible atm..

Check out PhantomWings' posts on page 24 and 26 of this thread.  You'll have all you need to get what you asked for.

The .rel files he provides on page 26 can be edited in the provided program on page 24 using the tutorial he provided on page 24.  It literally takes 2 minutes to set it up and one minute to edit the necessary hex values.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

@Linkxp500
I've never had much luck with either of those. And I'm not even sure if it's a Mac related error, anyways, as when I tried to open  it, it said the file was locked, and all the files opened just as text.

Quote from: This Is A Username on May 03, 2013, 07:46:45 PM
@Linkxp500
I've never had much luck with either of those. And I'm not even sure if it's a Mac related error, anyways, as when I tried to open  it, it said the file was locked, and all the files opened just as text.

Well, I'm no expert with Mac, but normally, Mac computers aren't able to open .exe files without WINE.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

It probably is a Mac problem then. I suppose I could try Wine for this, but it just seems like a stupid waste of time when all I need it for anyway is just two .rels.

Quote from: This Is A Username on May 03, 2013, 09:43:45 PM
It probably is a Mac problem then. I suppose I could try Wine for this, but it just seems like a stupid waste of time when all I need it for anyway is just two .rels.

This is where you are wrong.  There are so many applications that don't offer Mac support that I would recommend getting Wine if you happen to run into another similar issue.

Like say, PC games like Skyrim... Normally, they only work on Windows PCs, as does a lot of different hardwares that you would prefer over Mac's alternatives.  Although, I'm not sure how hardware could be affected by Wine, but maybe you could research about Wine and Virtual OSes about their pros and cons.  I'm sure a Virtual OS acts like a real OS, so maybe that could get all kinds of hardware to think you are running some version of Windows.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

I think SonicBrawler was working on a complete package of Plug&Play modules with the proper adjusted values, but I guess he's not done yet.

For now, here's the two modules you requested.

download

Hm... This is a pretty big breakthrough. I must admit, it's nice to finally have a Mewtwo VS Lucario battle...

However... As reported before. Kirby's neutral B freezes the game when used on a rel ported character... This didn't happen with the normal characters.

Would there be any way to fix this in the future?

Quote from: PhantomWings on May 04, 2013, 05:13:47 AM
I think SonicBrawler was working on a complete package of Plug&Play modules with the proper adjusted values, but I guess he's not done yet.

For now, here's the two modules you requested.

download

yeah, i havent because of school, but i plan to take all of the plug&Play.rels you amde and make the perfect packs soon.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: PhantomWings on May 04, 2013, 05:13:47 AM
I think SonicBrawler was working on a complete package of Plug&Play modules with the proper adjusted values, but I guess he's not done yet.

For now, here's the two modules you requested.

download

Such a nice guy... Makes me feel like a [censored] for trying to help them help themselves. :srs:


Well, whatever.  Your help was more effective, so I've got no reason to complain.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

May 04, 2013, 03:11:59 PM #445 Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:18:37 PM by This Is A Username
Thanks a ton, PhantomWings and Linkxp500.  And as for the whole virtual OS and Wine thing- the first one I actually tried once and failed miserably at, so I'm not inclined to try it again. I guess Wine might be worth a try, though every Wine port made by someone else I've used has had big problems- freezing, randomly closing.
Edit:
Just to be clear, now hat I have these .rels, all I do is rename them, rename all their files to rob/purin, and put them in their respective folders, right?


I used these rels to put mewtwo over rob and Roy over jiggs, but they froze when I began a match.I'm playing with Project M 2.5. Any ideas as to what it could be? I'll try getting plain Lucario and Marth ported first.

PM2.5(and b) are weird about ports... I had problems before I just switched to a custom build.


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Custom build?  So there are customs builds of PM that will allow me to make ports?