Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Lucario Won. Who should be the new Plug and Play?
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
ROB
Fox
Falco
Luigi

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 60
Author Topic: Perfect .Rel porting Progress -Lucario is first Pack. Ganon is new .rel-  (Read 343468 times)
SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #330 on: March 30, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »

Is the Sonic .rels you guys use generic, and can it work over any character? Or does it need to be edited?

For example, can I take the .rel from the Shadow over Dedede port, and put it over any other character without editing the .rel?

...no. it says dedede, so it only works for dedede >.>

just use the .rels from the perfect sonic port pack.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #331 on: March 31, 2013, 12:57:31 AM »

Alright, it looks like the research on modules that began all those years ago has finally yielded some results.

This new line of modules which I've dubbed Plug&Play modules requires no codes for constants, no codes for A.I. controllers and no changes to sora_melee. These modules will work with or without the original character in the match. Moreover, customizing the module for each character slot is a matter of changing 3 values inside the file. Of course, you still need the actual moveset and motion files to go along with the module, but those files can be used as-is without any changes.

Right now, I've only created one of this kind of module: ft_Lucario.rel which me and SonicBrawler were working on - feel free to try it out. The changes needed turn turn it into a Lucario clone over any other character are documented in the .txt that's with the file.

ft_lucario Plug&Play v1.0.rel

I should note that the original bug where Lucario's Aura Sphere is not visible is still there. Also, if you load two Lucario characters and then unload one of them, it will unload Lucario's aura graphic effects along with it leaving the remaining one without any effects. Both of these bugs seem to be beyond the scope of the modules and are directly related to effect files and how they're indexed.

The module has been tested over Mario, Pit, Marth and Rob and performed consistently across the four of them, but it hasn't been tested on the entire roster.

One final note: while there was mention of using the Project M codes to aid in the development of a working Lucario clone, I have not taken the time to examine or reverse engineer the Project M codes. This module was a product of my own work.
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:58:24 AM by PhantomWings » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #332 on: March 31, 2013, 03:10:03 AM »

will try this tomorow and im gonna try making the aura sphere appear and grow by doing so psa work xD

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #333 on: March 31, 2013, 05:21:21 AM »

Good to see ya PW. Glad you could finally get that rel to work Cheesy i will be sure to test it out

EDIT: Works like a charm.

and to anyone who downloads the .rel would you please be kind to not upload it or anything to the vault
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:47:43 AM by SonicBrawler » Logged

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #334 on: March 31, 2013, 09:22:29 AM »

I was playing around with the Plug and Play module; and tried it on ROB (as prior mentioned it worked on ROB) didn't want to try something new without knowing how to do it properly.

it actually works though with all the prior mentioned glitches still being there. but the idea of Plug and Play modules is a grand one; without the need of codes to make it work properly. this puts us one step closer to having Extra Characters/ and fully working clones

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

« Reply #335 on: March 31, 2013, 12:18:59 PM »

a working lucario .rel awesome goodjob  pw

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #336 on: March 31, 2013, 12:32:55 PM »

finally getting closer to turning Brawl into a basic MUGEN interface I see :3
    awesome work as always PW Wink

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #337 on: March 31, 2013, 12:48:35 PM »

The mighty PW returns with something awesome!
    And best part, no codes required! Awesome Face

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #338 on: March 31, 2013, 01:02:53 PM »

Wait, I'm confused how it works. Do I basically rename the .rel or do I have to edit it in BB to work?

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

« Reply #339 on: March 31, 2013, 01:15:46 PM »

Wait, I'm confused how it works. Do I basically rename the .rel or do I have to edit it in BB to work?
    you have to edit some stuff in hxd

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #340 on: March 31, 2013, 02:11:56 PM »

It involves Hex editing.
    really, seeing how this .REL is very, i mean very basic; i wouldn't suggest attempting it until it's either been refined; or if someone else has made the .rel.

and unfortunetely for me/i got work in 10 minutes and after work i got to head out of state for a few days. i'll still be on to post and whatnot.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #341 on: April 03, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »

well snake and gannon does work on rii i was using a micro sd for my brawl hacks and they did not work but  when i got a normal sd card they worked

Just looked back at this.

Any updates on these two?

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

« Reply #342 on: April 03, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »

Just looked back at this.

Any updates on these two?
    no not at all

spiritpyros
    Extreme Kitten

justice will prevail

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #343 on: April 03, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »

May anyone send me a link to a lucario rel over falco I can't use any hex editor cause i am stuck with a school computer.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #344 on: April 07, 2013, 08:09:14 AM »

Alright, it looks like the research on modules that began all those years ago has finally yielded some results.

This new line of modules which I've dubbed Plug&Play modules requires no codes for constants, no codes for A.I. controllers and no changes to sora_melee. These modules will work with or without the original character in the match. Moreover, customizing the module for each character slot is a matter of changing 3 values inside the file. Of course, you still need the actual moveset and motion files to go along with the module, but those files can be used as-is without any changes.

Right now, I've only created one of this kind of module: ft_Lucario.rel which me and SonicBrawler were working on - feel free to try it out. The changes needed turn turn it into a Lucario clone over any other character are documented in the .txt that's with the file.

ft_lucario Plug&Play v1.0.rel

I should note that the original bug where Lucario's Aura Sphere is not visible is still there. Also, if you load two Lucario characters and then unload one of them, it will unload Lucario's aura graphic effects along with it leaving the remaining one without any effects. Both of these bugs seem to be beyond the scope of the modules and are directly related to effect files and how they're indexed.

The module has been tested over Mario, Pit, Marth and Rob and performed consistently across the four of them, but it hasn't been tested on the entire roster.

One final note: while there was mention of using the Project M codes to aid in the development of a working Lucario clone, I have not taken the time to examine or reverse engineer the Project M codes. This module was a product of my own work.
    extremly good work there PW! took a look into the module file and the new added lines.

but can you tell me, how work the new lines? did you have to relocation data somewhere to the new added lines or was it just insert the codes into the new sections?
    because I wanna try to redo your work but to make them work on PAL version instead, can directly say that the NTCS will make PAL versions freeze D:

Stupid Tinypic :C

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: