[General] Custom made models

Started by Ricky (Br3), November 15, 2012, 01:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: sonicshuffle42 on March 31, 2013, 10:48:28 PM
*cough* anyone who's bought Lego City : Undercover can see where this is going :srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Nice. I like where this is going.

Legs seem a bit short, though. Lego legs are generally a bit taller than the torso.


Quote from: Kage Ryu on March 31, 2013, 10:56:45 PM
Nice. I like where this is going.

Legs seem a bit short, though. Lego legs are generally a bit taller than the torso.
Yeah, I noticed they were a bit short
I can just vertex stretch the spots inbetween the two holes.
Also, I might need help texturing the torso, everything else I think I can manage lol
Best part is it can be customised and we have loads of options for recolors.

I've come to play, just deal with it~

I made a lego model a while back if you want to take a look or steal some parts from it. lol: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29803

Nubby practice model.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Its a Roull, a character me and some of my friends made up, they populate Roull City and are, well, a "bit", dumb, they are constantly victims of iamsocool.

Its already rigged, but I need to do one thing, his head looks normal in that but when I replace the model all of the faces on his head are replaced with the side texture, so if someone could tell me how to apply a seperate texture to each face for brawl I would be happy :p

Oh and the shoulders don't look like that in animations.
ok i shrunk it

Quote from: Cola1 on April 03, 2013, 10:44:23 AM
Its already rigged, but I need to do one thing, his head looks normal in that but when I replace the model all of the faces on his head are replaced with the side texture, so if someone could tell me how to apply a seperate texture to each face for brawl I would be happy :p
What's the UV layout like? Brawl only accepts one material per object, so unless each of those sides of the cube are separate objects (which would be silly), you need to have a single texture for the entire head and fit the head's UVs to that texture.


Also, depends on who is he over. Some use different objects for the faces, some only different textures.

OK, well since I've never made a model for brawl I guess I'm gonna need a bit of help with this, If I were to make a texture for his whole head (By the way he's over Luigi), would it be something like:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Also, I have no idea what a UV Layout is sadly... eheh.. he...
ok i shrunk it

April 04, 2013, 07:12:54 AM #172 Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:15:39 AM by Vaanrose
For Brawl, every object can only have one material applied to it. And each material can only have one texture. It sounds like you're using different texture files for each side, which is why once you import it into Brawlbox they all become the same. Brawl ignores all the textures but the first.

If this is the problem, you have two ways of going about fixing this. The first is to lay out your UVs so that all your textures can be placed together into one single texture file.

The second method is easier, but also less efficient. Make each side of his head a separate object. So, if his head is a cube, he'd have six different objects, and then you can apply one texture file to each of those.

If you go the UV way, your texture doesn't need to be quite like what you have here. It looks like the sides and back of the head are using the same image, so to be more efficient, you can overlay the uvs of each side on top of each other, and only have that image present once in your texture. This gives you more room on the texture to use for other things, or just to allow the images to be higher-res without scaling up your final texture size.


April 05, 2013, 06:00:23 AM #173 Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:39:33 AM by Cola1
I need someone to tell me how to do the UV Mapping properly then, when I tried it still just did the texture on every face thing.

Edit: I got seriously sick of UV Mapping so I lazily just gave him extruding hair to hide the other faces on his head, when I used it in brawl the textures were completely messed up though... :\
ok i shrunk it

box UVmapping is realy simple...

once you get in the UVunwrap modifier, you click on edit, click on face selection, click on the UVs once, now you have one of the faces selected, move it around, and check in the model viewport what face you are manipulating, after getting all faces apart, just make them fit in the main square, even if your texture isnt gonna be square shaped, you have to fit them in.
play a bit ariound, and you'll soon enough see what i mean

You ought to look up a pelt mapping tutorial. Makes everything sooo much easier. I use it on everything!
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

This thread needs moar love. The WIP Workshop thread is taking all the attention.
That, and more people need to make custom models...

So, started on this. If you know who this character is, you are awesome:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


BJ says normal maps work in Brawl. Haven't tried it myself, but...


Isn't that Dillon/Dillion/whatever, Kage?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Aaaaand Segtendo just proved his awesomity.
Yup, Dillon, the last ranger.

And yes, he's joining the Brawl if I finish him.