[General] Custom made models

Started by Ricky (Br3), November 15, 2012, 01:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I made a floppy disk. It's from Mighty Switch Force!



Some of the details are based on real floppy disks, such as the groove in the back for the metal cover to slide on.
Click for my stuff:


September 28, 2015, 10:47:03 PM #406 Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:17:35 AM by Peardian
Surely I can't be the only person who has made a custom model in over two months...



:diddy: "DK? Is that really you?"
:dk: "Who else would it be?"
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Click for my stuff:


Quote from: Peardian on September 28, 2015, 10:47:03 PM
Surely I can't be the only person who has made a custom model in over two months...

I've worked on a semi-custom model (aka made a bunch of parts myself while using a brawl model as a base), but it's nowhere near done yet. I'm trying to learn how to texture so it doesn't look so bad.

Nice work btw. Although the reflection on the rounded corner thingy on the head toaster looks odd.

Just realized how odd that sounded. My b


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm working on a couple of things. Something that I've been working on for a while on and off and something else that I just started today:

MGSV Sneaking Suit

Front:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Back:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Will be adding an edge loop on the bottom arm part along with making the padded armor more puffy. The dark grey material hasn't actually been touched at all, so that's next on the list after I'm done with all the straps and padding on the front. Will be using FFD box to make him less chubbier. I'll also be editing the neck so it isn't as square and is more natural/round.

Turbosmooth is just a test to see how it looks like. So is the Shell, although I'll be using the shell to help add depth before I make the armor puffy. After I'm done with most/all of the detail, I'll be importing it into ZBrush to add creases and stretching to the leather and cloth.

After that is Omen, a scrapped champion from LoL

Non-turbosmooth'd
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Turbosmooth'd
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Will be adding control loops near all the joints plus touching up his body pretty much everywhere. Will also be remaking his "hands"/"feet" as they came out terrible.

When I'm done with the main body, I'll be adding details such as spikes and an actual face in the future. Until then, I'm gonna be fixing his playdoh body lol.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Much more progress since my last post:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I think all I have left now is editing the collar, adding about four belts (symmetry cuts it to half), the right hand, his head, and two circle things on his legs (symmetry cuts it to half). The hand and head are probably going to be the most difficult to make out of the five objects I have left to make.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Here are a couple of things I made.


~2 years, ~11900 polygons
To scale with real mountains.


1 week, ~1500 polygons
Has more details on the back than on the front.
Click for my stuff:


Hey, Peardian. Funny uou should make Crocodile Isle.



Beautiful.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Updates to old models I've been working on.

Small update to MGSV Big Boss.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Next is Lyndis

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


MGS3 Big Boss is below

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Gray Fox is next

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Awakening Roy is right after

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Next up is Isaac

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Finally, is the head I made for MGSV Venom Snake and MGS3 Big Boss

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have too many things going on...


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Those are some impressive human bodies!



I made another SMRPG enemy. It took a day to model, a day to UV, a day to rig, and a day to texture. I aimed for quality rather than realistic SSE enemy polygon counts, so I ended up at around 3400 polygons. I probably could cut down on the polygon size if I just do intersecting meshes rather than properly connecting them, but oh well.
Click for my stuff:



Frog Switch from Wario Land 4
It took about a day to make, a day to UV, and a few days to texture it all.
1976 polygons + 352 for the bomb


Frog Blocks from Wario Land 4
Took only a few hours to model, UV, and texture it all.
692 polygons total
Click for my stuff:


Nice job! I'd like to update with my custom models, but summer classes along with commitments I've made with Smash4 is getting in the way.
Nice job singlehandedly keeping this thread alive.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks. Here comes another one!


Made in a single weekend as a challenge to myself.
782 polygons + 46 per jewel piece
Click for my stuff: