Okay, so... (Wii U)

Started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, November 19, 2012, 02:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So as it turns out, the Wii U uses the actual menu and stuff from the Wii. So! What I want to know is:

Will it be possible to use Riivolution on the Wii U's version of the Wii Menu? Like, use the same hacking process to hack Brawl (use StackSmash or the Twilight Hack), to install Riivo or Gecko onto the Wii U?

I'd hate for the arrival of the Wii U to be the end of my PSA days. :(

dude the Wii U just came out today... it hasnt even been hacked into!

give it like 2 years or so. If u dont want to end ur PSA days, then dont sell ur wii.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

November 19, 2012, 02:16:10 AM #2 Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:19:47 AM by Anivernage
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 19, 2012, 02:13:51 AM
So as it turns out, the Wii U uses the actual menu and stuff from the Wii. So! What I want to know is:

Will it be possible to use Riivolution on the Wii U's version of the Wii Menu? Like, use the same hacking process to hack Brawl (use StackSmash or the Twilight Hack), to install Riivo or Gecko onto the Wii U?

I'd hate for the arrival of the Wii U to be the end of my PSA days. :(
My real hope is mdl0 on NSMBU but impossible...or not? :af:

is possible to know models format but will be needed the game and a hacker :P

I heard Nintendo upgraded their security systems or something for the 3DS, so people won't be able to use flash cards to plays roms. It's highly possible they did the same thing for the Wii U.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

It's possible to run unsigned code through Stack Smash (albeit with certain limitations).
Installing stuff on the actual Wii menu is probably not possible as of yet, as Nintendo most likely updated it in order to have it function on the Wii U, and added additional protection to prevent it from being modified by homebrew applications.

Just by looking at the interface you can't tell if it's hackable or not... Making this thread a day after its release is kind of silly, unless what you're looking for is for silly replies full of hype, and not actual real facts, which won't happen in a while. lol

Well P:M works rather nicely on the Wii U, I know that much. XD

Though you won't be able to use a Gamecube Controller.

Good thing I have and prefer the Classic Controller Pro. ¦3


WiiU running homebrew on launch day!
It's more hacking of the Wii side of the Wii U, but it's a start.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on November 19, 2012, 06:00:54 PM
WiiU running homebrew on launch day!
It's more hacking of the Wii side of the Wii U, but it's a start.
At least we'll sooner have Brawl Hacks on the Wii U. More RAM....less freezes.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 19, 2012, 02:13:51 AM
Will it be possible to use Riivolution on the Wii U's version of the Wii Menu? Like, use the same hacking process to hack Brawl (use StackSmash or the Twilight Hack), to install Riivo or Gecko onto the Wii U?
I'd say it'll be a while before homebrew works on the Wii U part of the system, right now I'd say impossible. Like it said in the video Segtendo posted, it'll corrupt data in the SD card. As of right now, any storage device (USB or HDD, SD unsupported) used for the Wii U will become usable only with the Wii U. I'm not sure how it works since I am a broke, Wii U-less WMX... I'd explain exactly what it does if I knew someone with a Wii U to test with.


Quote from: Pear_Knight on November 19, 2012, 02:16:51 AM
I heard Nintendo upgraded their security systems or something for the 3DS, so people won't be able to use flash cards to plays roms. It's highly possible they did the same thing for the Wii U.
Yeah, they try, and those companies keep releasing updates to counteract them. My 3DS XL still plays my Acekard 2i perfectly.
With my desktop out of commission I am on hiatus until further notice.
But I'm still playing plenty of Hyrule Warriors & Smash 3DS!
NNID: WarioMANX | 3DS FC: 4596-9459-1042
(I'll accept any NNID add, but PM me your 3DS FC if you add my 3DS)
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Okay, sweet. Thanks, Segtendo.

That means I can still play with Tabuu on the Wii U. Awesomeness. I need to know how to do this NAO.

It looks like the best way is with Smash Stack.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on November 20, 2012, 02:15:51 AM
It looks like the best way is with Smash Stack.
But I want Riivolution. >_>

Quote from: SmashClash on November 20, 2012, 02:30:01 AM
But I want Riivolution. >_>
Can't you run any most homebrew through Stack Smash?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on November 20, 2012, 02:31:13 AM
Can't you run any most homebrew through Stack Smash?
I know but I need some XMLs to be run, specifically.