Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Freezes at ready to fight  (Read 1421 times)
DaGreat
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 27, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »

I downloaded a hack to go over the stage, Temple. Here is the hack I downloaded: SSE Floating Island http://www.mediafire.com/?9b7h6r3m1ypn1

I've also replaced the photos of Temple with the hack's photos. When I choose my character(s) and click ready to fight, it freezes before the stage select. Please, tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance. Keep in mind, I'm new to the Brawl hacking community.

Want to help me make a Smash Bros Machinima? If so, message me!

Smash Universe... Coming Soon!

Brawl Code:1549-1585-2604

RyanAnayaMc
Expert Kitten

Flame!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:33:28 PM »

I had a very similar problem, try exporting the modified BRRES files from your common5.pac, replace the BRRES files in an UNMODIFIED common5.pac, reimport it, and good to go. Please note that I had the problem in Dolphin, not an actual Wii.

DaGreat
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 06:54:32 PM »

And how do you do that?

Haha sorry I'm a noob at this sort of thing. ^^;

Want to help me make a Smash Bros Machinima? If so, message me!

Smash Universe... Coming Soon!

Brawl Code:1549-1585-2604

WarioManX
    Unofficial Ninja
    Special Access

Silent but deadly!

• Awards 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Dedicated Hacker Featured Rising Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »

First off a few suggestions.

• When posting about a stage hack or any hack in general, link to the BrawlVault page instead of just the download itself, which in this case is "http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26330". You can get the link by right-clicking Link himself. Not kidding, follow the link right there and Link himself will be next to the stage characteristics (in this case "[Stage-Model-Temple]") It may contain information that we might need to help resolve your problem.
    • When posting about issues involving files please also tell mention what you use to load Brawl hacks, such as Riivolution, Gecko OS, or USB Loader. This information does make a difference such as where the files go or what they need to be named.
    • ALWAYS mention whether you're using NTSC-U, PAL, or NTSC-J. Some files don't have issues being in one or the other, some do.

As for your issue, it most likely has something to do with the images you put in. First make a backup of your common5.pac (for Gecko OS users). What RyanAnayaMc means is you should get a clean version of common5.pac and Export from it the Resource File (BRRES) that the SSPs (Stage Select Portraits) go into, which is "MiscData[80]". Then go into your modified common5.pac and Export its "MiscData[80]", make sure it's named differently then the first one. Then Replace your modified common5.pac's "MiscData[80]" (in BrawlBox) with the un-modified "MiscData[80]".

Test in game, if you're able to get into the stage then we've confirmed the issue. From there put in just the SSPs for that one stage. Test again. If it works then put in more of your SSPs (the individual textures, not the whole BRRES) from your modified "MiscData[80]". Keep testing after just a few each, around 3-5 stages worth. If no problems then the issue is resolved!

All clean files can be found in the Resources tab

If you're using a special background setup like one of ASF1nk's Dark Flaming Blue or Red & Black CSS/SSS then you'll have to export and replace the Palettes (PLT0) as well, do this AFTER making the backup common5.pac and Exporting the Resource Files but BEFORE replacing any textures! Changing palettes often corrupt the textures within the same Resource File.

With my desktop out of commission I am on hiatus until further notice.
    But I'm still playing plenty of Hyrule Warriors & Smash 3DS!
    NNID: WarioMANX | 3DS FC: 4596-9459-1042
    (I'll accept any NNID add, but PM me your 3DS FC if you add my 3DS)
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: