Aafyre's Unorganized Mess - Genesect Released (finally)

Started by Aafyre, December 10, 2012, 04:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ah, interesting release. I might have to give it a look.

Also... Sudden reappearance is sudden. Welcome back. :P

I await your next release :vyse:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Thanks. I have a few (old) things in the works, but they are mostly reliant on other people at this point.

And my reappearance wasn't that sudden. I made some request threads the previous day :)

any more OCs you plan on making?
i remember your designs being pretty cool and good :D

i want that donkey kong stage
you know the one with the bees

any more stages we will be seeing from u sir?

Making stages was a lot of fun, but I know even less about those than I do making characters, so there's not much else I can do about that. The bee stage is still in the hands of DSX8, I think, and I don't remember if anyone ever took up the docks stage. In either case, I've done all that I can for them. I'd still be somewhat interested in making other stages if someone agreed to finish it off beforehand, but I don't want to make a new stage and then force it on someone.

As for OCs, I think they'd be cool to make, but ideally I'd want them to be made from scratch so I could use them in my own little project, and my experience is basically limited to altering existing models. Things like Genesect I can do from scratch, but I wouldn't know where to begin on something more organic like a human body and face.

You should model your persona. I've had the vertex of it for the longest time.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on July 25, 2013, 10:45:44 PM
You should model your persona. I've had the vertex of it for the longest time.

Much agreed, a custom model of her would be too cool!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Aafyre on July 25, 2013, 08:54:37 PM
... but I wouldn't know where to begin on something more organic like a human body and face.

Concept art. Start by drawing a front and side view (and back and top if you want), then start shaping a box to fit the outline you created. Easy peasy.

Seriously, box modelling is amazing. I have only basic experience with modelling and even I can pull off something remotely ok, I'm certain you'd do fine.

Aafyre do you take requests? If you do, can you look at this thread that I made http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61028.0 I really want some total drama characters in brawl.

Hmmm, asking someone who hasn't made anything in years if he take requests... Don't you know that the only thing that matters in life is Pokemon?   :P

Now, if people find a way to rip 3DS models, I really will be out of work once X and Y come out  :srs:

Quote from: Aafyre on August 27, 2013, 02:12:40 PM
Hmmm, asking someone who hasn't made anything in years if he take requests... Don't you know that the only thing that matters in life is Pokemon?   :P

Now, if people find a way to rip 3DS models, I really will be out of work once X and Y come out  :srs:
I wouldn't say that.

Even once those models can be ripped... They'd clash with Brawl's texture style. And would more then likely have lower quality models then what you would be able to cook up.

Quote from: Aafyre on August 27, 2013, 02:12:40 PM
Hmmm, asking someone who hasn't made anything in years if he take requests... Don't you know that the only thing that matters in life is Pokemon?   :P

Now, if people find a way to rip 3DS models, I really will be out of work once X and Y come out  :srs:

> Apparently "hasn't made anything in years"
> Made this literally only a month ago

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on August 27, 2013, 09:36:49 PM
> Apparently "hasn't made anything in years"
> Made this literally only a month ago
Quote from: Aafyre on August 27, 2013, 02:12:40 PM
Hmmm, asking someone who hasn't made anything in years if he take requests... Don't you know that the only thing that matters in life is Pokemon?   :P

Now, if people find a way to rip 3DS models, I really will be out of work once X and Y come out  :srs:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Okay, I may have exaggerated a bit.  8) As for more realistic textures, there's only so many things I can think of that would make sense for Brawl. For example, Lucario looks great with his fur, but they barely did anything with Pikachu, and he still looks good. Certain pokeys just don't need it I guess. I kinda like the direction the next Smash is taking.