Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!
Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 67
Author Topic: A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake  (Read 288668 times)
ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #225 on: February 25, 2013, 09:38:12 PM »

I am proud to say that the PSA is in it's final stages! I managed to make the Final Smash work, some of the balancing issues have been fixed, and there are only a few bugs left. We stil have yet to get that character hack though...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #226 on: February 25, 2013, 09:47:43 PM »

Maybe increase upward knockback towards the lower end of the initial spin? And by "lower end", I mean the lower hemisphere of the hit area, not early in the animation. Also, if the rest of the final smash doesn't hit from a position, the spin shouldn't either. So my thought is, the back of the spin needs to either lose its hitboxes, or have them pull the enemy into the front of the attack for the rest to connect. Also, the very inside of the spin should push enemies outward towards Samus's front a little, to make them not get in the way of the first close-up and to make the second fire arc connect properly. Meanwhile, the outer edge at the front of the spin needs to pull foes in to avoid them escaping the second fire arc from the other side, which has happened to me repeatedly.

^ Probably irrelevant since you got it working anyway. Read if you like, or don't if you don't like.

Also, I've noticed that on some stages the camera doesn't work properly, while on others the attack sometimes behaves as if it connected even when it did not. Though, in this particular instance I'm not sure that's something that could be helped on your end, since it was a custom stage with an edited part. (A particular sort of anti-gravity field effect, where any character can stand at any point inside the field just by not fast-falling. Although, I wasn't in or on one of those when the glitch was happening, so I don't know.)

And not really a criticism so much as a suggestion, but I think for the handgun version of her A combo, the final blast (where she lands and fires her two guns with slightly different directions) should, instead of being three shots or however many it is (where only two of them will ever connect anyway), be a simultaneous single shot with both guns, aimed in the same direction. Possibly with her spinning the pistols as she holds them up into position, just for extra cool points. Unless, of course, you just don't like the idea/are too far along to change it now.

P.S. I think it would be cool to use a slightly modified version of Zero Suit's Plasma Whip for the Machine Gun. That blue glowing area on it becomes the trigger, while a handle is added right behind it. Then, use her Paralyzer for the handgun. That way, she doesn't have two sets of guns, just one set that transforms.

P.P.S. Is her gunshot GFX on just her close-combat moves, or her ranged attacks as well? Cause I think you should either not use it for the ranged attacks, or make it smaller on the ranged moves than on the close-combat moves.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:49:50 PM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #227 on: February 25, 2013, 10:01:41 PM »

1). I lost you there...

2). Sounds Cool, but a bit of extra work... lol... I can do it, just not right now...

3). I already have the paralyzer animations for the Machine Gun, I just haven't applied them yet. You can look at it in brawlBox if you wish.

4). The GFX will be used every time she fires. Though I reduced the size so it shouldn't be a problem.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:07:38 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #228 on: February 26, 2013, 06:43:26 AM »

1. The first two parts were about her Final Smash. The really long paragraph at the beginning was a list of suggestions on how to arrange the hitboxes on the initial spin to ensure that the foe never escapes the final smash.

4. I'm just worried about being able to tell where her hitboxes are, is all. That's why I was suggesting the gunfire GFX be slightly bigger on the close combat moves than on the ranged moves. Well, maybe don't change the size of the flying shell casings, 'cause that might look odd, but the explosion should probably be made big enough that its placement represents the exact placement of the hitbox.

Also. Her running animation. Looks a little odd the way her arms move with her legs. Maybe just have her arms fly out behind her, instead? I think it might look better. And she should take longer strides, since right now her legs look like they move WAY too fast.
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:36:59 AM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #229 on: February 26, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »

Her running animation is actually a reference to how Zephyr runs in Resonance of Fate... lol... I could at least make it look better...
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:49:07 AM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #230 on: February 27, 2013, 04:37:24 PM »

Say, did you ever find a new SFX for the machine gun? I recall you talking about looking through the game's Item SFX, but nothing was ever said beyond that.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #231 on: February 27, 2013, 05:23:57 PM »

I did, and couldn't find anything... sorry... lol...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #232 on: February 27, 2013, 06:19:43 PM »

Here's something to try: Play as Gunslinger Samus and pick up a cracker launcher. Then start walking around. The same can be done by rapid-firing a ray gun or super scope.

...You may wanna fix that before v1.0.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #233 on: February 27, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »

I'm gonna say no for the Ray Gun and the Super Scope cause they don't pass as a "realistic" Gun Shot.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about SFX... lol... I see what you mean... lol... Pretty funny, but it's gotta be fixed...

Added to the list of Known Bugs
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:03:05 PM by A Bloody Canadian » Logged

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #234 on: February 28, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »

I think some of her attacks need more range. As of the current version, some characters without weapons (namely ROB) can out-range, out-speed, and out-damage Gunslinger Samus.

ROB's forward tilt, down tilt, A combo, and forward air all out-range and out-speed Gunslinger Samus's forward tilt, down tilt, and A combo. Any attempt to hit with forward tilt is likely to be met by two down tilts. It's so bad that Samus's tilts and A combo can't even be used to punish a missed attack by ROB. ROB's down air out-ranges her up tilt, and as of the current demo, ROB's up tilt out-ranges and out-speeds her down air.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #235 on: February 28, 2013, 12:36:11 PM »

Still needs range I see... I wonder how much range does she need...

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #236 on: February 28, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »

Well, apparently a blank can injure out to two metres. Just a tidbit of real life fact for you to consider, because honestly I'm not sure either. My only other advice for range on her close-combat moves would be to think Pit.

Also, that whole range issue was why I was suggesting that the GFX be bigger for the close-combat moves than the long-range moves. The GFX is going to need to go from the edge of the gun's barrel to the edge of the hitbox anyway, so the player and their opponent know where the attack hits.

Edit: She drops items way too easily! I grabbed a Franklin Badge at 0%, and a level 9 ROB CPU knocked it off me with a single side tilt.

And yeah, she needs a good bit more range. I'm starting to think that the advice about blanks injuring out to two metres is good advice to take. Or at least to one metre.

BTW, machine gun's neutral special is a bit overpowered on walk-off stages. B > jump B > B > jump B > B > jump B > etc. until the opponent is pushed off the stage. It's probably escapable, but I once pushed all three opponents almost off the stage with that in a free-for-all. One of them actually died from it, and if I hadn't stopped when I realised how cheap I was being the others would be done for, too. Personally, I'd recommend you increase the range on the neutral specials, up specials, and ground side specials of both guns by just a little bit, in exchange for slightly increased startup on the ground version of the machine gun's neutral special.
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:01:10 AM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #237 on: March 01, 2013, 01:52:38 PM »

I should've been paying more attention to balancing... lol... I was working on a stage so I haven't been working on the PSA. I'll deal with those issues whenever I can.

narutofan1
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #238 on: March 01, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »

When are you gonna start working on Misaki PSA from the game called the world ends with you?

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #239 on: March 01, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »

I already made progress as you can see in the video. I haven't touched her attacks yet though...

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 67
    Print
    Jump to: