A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?
I dunno what's wrong, then. Your setup looks fine to me. I wonder if the cause might somehow relate to Windows being set not to show file extensions? Doesn't really make sense, but then, Windows frequently doesn't.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

August 16, 2013, 04:59:31 AM #496 Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:17:40 AM by A Bloody Canadian
I should say some things that'll be changed and altered for v1 Release.

I'll make a preview video on the yellow points.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on August 16, 2013, 04:59:31 AM
Aerial Down Special now has more of a use! You can use it to change guns only if you land on the ground for the 1st 30 Frames

...Doesn't that mean it's the ground special, though?
Now available in blue.

Well, it lets you switch guns faster because you don't have to wait until you land to start your Down Special.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on August 20, 2013, 05:01:56 AM
Well, it lets you switch guns faster because you don't have to wait until you land to start your Down Special.
How many times have I been tricked by this...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

August 20, 2013, 03:39:43 PM #500 Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:42:49 PM by JamietheAuraUser
Oh, and by the way, I've found a few glitches:
1. When using grounded Side Special in SSE, particularly on large enemies such as Giant Goombas, occasionally she'll just freeze-frame and start floating up into the sky until she dies off the top boundary.
2. If she ends up on the ground when the grenade of her aerial Final Smash connects (via sloped platforms or whatever), she'll chain into her ground FS as if she'd hit with the initiating grenade throw.
3. Once, I walked to the edge of the moving platform on Smashville (so that she did her "about to fall off" animation), then somehow walked past the edge and stood on air with one foot still on the platform. Then the game froze.
4. If landing during aerial Side Special (thanks to a sloped platform or whatever) and using the grounded version's follow-up attack, she'll go into landing lag (like after aerial Neutral Special) when the attack completes.

And now on more of a user-feedback note, her grounded Final Smash could really use some significant Time Manipulation on the initiating hit. Even a level 4 CPU can reliably dodge it, since there is a huge window of opportunity to dodge out of the way after she's committed to the attack.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

That's really interesting. I'm gonna blame BrawlBox on some of these points cause it really messes up things that normal characters would do anyway... That, and I should learn to use Pass Frames.

It'll take a while before I get back into PSA Hacking for I'm busy with other stuff being in Post Secondary and all...

August 21, 2013, 05:33:39 AM #502 Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:35:53 AM by JamietheAuraUser
So I'm curious about something:
The voice clips used in GSS's Final Smash. Are those just the standard "random attack voice clip" code? If not, which specific voice clips are they? I want to know so I can change them to other voice clips by rearranging 'em in BrawlBox.

But yeah, I'm inclined to blame BrawlBox for #3 on that list. #1 I think is an issue with the transition to the follow-up attack, as I hadn't finished moving past the Giant Goomba when I activated it. I should note that I was also on a sloped platform. (The rafting section on The Lake.) Also, I had directional control as I was floating away.

Oh yeah, also got a freeze when hitting Giga Bowser with aerial Side Special's follow-up attack. Giga Bowser was jumping, in case it matters for whatever reason.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

They are just random voice clips with the Low Voice Clip Event

This PSA seems to crash on Random Moments it seems... I'm guessing some of them are Article Related cause for some odd reason, it might be recalling an Article that's already existent. But I'm pretty sure I left no leaks... I had this for the following setup...

If: Article Does not Exist
   Generate Article
End If

@FS: That's inconvenient. I was hoping to go for "That's an attack?!" followed by "Take THIS!". I'm actually sorta wishing she had multiple choices for specific voice clips for moves like Up Special or aerial Side Special. I have voice clips of "Take that!" and "Take THIS!" which, while cool on occasion, get really irritating when repeated every time the move is executed.

I think the crash when attacking Giga Bowser might have something to do with his Super Armour. But one thing you should watch out for: Her Superspicy Curry idle has her wielding a machine gun in her left hand, and a handgun in her right. Maybe something like this is causing the occasional freezes?

P.S. (warning, thoroughly off-topic)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Other animations have her wield different guns. And it's only calling the Animations. The two guns aren't separate Articles.

Oh yeah, that's right. Derp.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

you know, I finally got these to work and I was shocked to know why they didn't work before.

So apparently beyond's XML code didnt have the common_en.pac in it so yeah. that shocked me right there.

I finally got to enjoy these cool hacks and boy, Gunslinger samus is the favorite between my gaming club.

August 23, 2013, 04:38:03 PM #508 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:56:24 PM by A Bloody Canadian
After a failed attempt for making a new one, I tried editing the Backup, and I must say, it's pretty close to what 0.9 contained. Only difference is that there was only 1 Gun, and the Gun Change System did not affect the Animations. This'll be alot easier than I thought... The biggest difference however is the Final Smash. The PSA Coding is still the old one...

As far as progress goes, I managed to make the Aerial Down Special work out.

What do you mean by : "The Gun Change System did not affect the Animations."
Do you mean it didn't do the animation that it's supposed to do?
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.