A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?
Quote from: FOREVER247 on September 28, 2013, 09:49:47 PMgss wont have a chance with  Zelda,
OMG I had such a hard time taking her out earlier today!! That damn Fair of Zelda's is LETHAL ha ha ha. I was shooting her in the grill and she'd just short hop and Kick the crap out of me!! I was so Heated! lol I eventually won in Final. xD

September 29, 2013, 06:25:24 PM #616 Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:31:54 PM by A Bloody Canadian
You guys should be pleased to know that GSS V1 is on it's Final Stretches! Fixing up some minor bugs, and making sure to save Backups! Also, I'm hopefully able to fix up the grabs as well. If all goes well, I should be able to release it today!

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on September 29, 2013, 06:25:24 PM
You guys should be pleased to know that GSS V1 is on it's Final Stretches! Fixing up some minor bugs, and making sure to save Backups! Also, I'm hopefully able to fix up the grabs as well. If all goes well, I should be able to release it today!
Awesome! I'm looking forward for her! ZSS will finally have her 1st PSA!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

@NSpecial nerf: Honestly, 6% isn't much for her NSpecial as is in v0.9. It's far from broken. Sure, it's a decent safe move, but trying to spam it isn't going to get you far against any decent opponent because they'll simply jump over the second activation and hit you with an aerial. Or you can just shield it, since it doesn't have shield damage, then hit her with a dash attack.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

September 30, 2013, 12:24:13 AM #619 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:26:05 AM by A Bloody Canadian
So close, yet so far...

The grabs are the only thing that's bothering me right now. And I can't figure out how to get it to work perfectly. Sure, it's still usable, but I'm bothered by how it looks so far. This also prevents her from throwing opponents at low percents... I made a help topic, and I'm hoping somebody gets on that.

Other than the nerfs that I gave GSS, one more thing I changed that was not shown in the newest video was the Entry. She'll no longer jump into the fight... okay, she still will, but now she'll twirl her guns around before she goes into stance. I honestly like this one better over the one you guys have now.

Anything else I can work on is low priority right now. Notably Wait Animations. She has none at the moment... lol.

What is your issue with her throws?

I like throws and I've never really had any issues with PSAing them.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

BrawlBox/PSA don't like trying to code throws for characters who normally have an extended grab, such as ZSS's whip and Link's hookshot. And BB also occasionally screws things up when saving, and apparently its preferred target on ZSS is her grabs.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

The saving thing I know about all too well... >_>;

So what exactly is the issue? Beyond 'screwing it up' what happens when you try to throw? does she freeze or T-Pose? Does the animation simply end? Beep of Death? Does the thrown character latch onto ZSS? Different things have different solutions.

I didn't have an issue when I was doing Iron Man's (Samus) throws...

I'll go look for that help topic
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

She goes through the full grab animation, then goes into the grab state, instead of having the animation interrupt into the grab. As a result, at lower percentages the foe can escape before she can pummel or throw.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

I finally figured it out! I was pondering as to why is Ridley over ZSS all have their Action Overrides as 87 (In Decimal). It didn't cross my mind that you can change which Action it overrides... yeah... it turned out to be pretty easy...

But that aside, her grabs work perfectly now!

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on September 30, 2013, 04:44:50 PM
I finally figured it out! I was pondering as to why is Ridley over ZSS all have their Action Overrides as 87 (In Decimal). It didn't cross my mind that you can change which Action it overrides... yeah... it turned out to be pretty easy...

But that aside, her grabs work perfectly now!
That is some really good news that you brought us here!
And some information for me if I need to make a new grab for my own ZSS PSA...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

September 30, 2013, 07:09:33 PM #626 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:27:25 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Another thing that's still gonna bother me is that I can't get the scn0 to work with me... I want her Win2 Animation to look like this...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


But apparently BrawlBox refuses to work with me on this...

On another Note, The Filesize the FitSZerosuit.pac file is apparently Identical to Normal ZSS. Meaning that you can place another Samus PSA as if GSS wouldn't do anything.

Really? wow, that is awesome news! If fact, those are superb news! Glad to hear you got her grabs working
You Never Know!

Thats good to know in case I run into any issues with Tifa's grabs.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

September 30, 2013, 08:42:03 PM #629 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:45:53 PM by A Bloody Canadian
Playing with GSS, Machinegun Down Throw has alot of potential to be considered broken...

By itself, it does 8%, but it leaves the opponent in a Jablocked State. Not to mention that the animation is short enough for you to combo into something else... I've managed to make a combo that deals almost 40% damage. But then again, my dummy was Bowser, so that's a thing. I'll leave it alone for now to see what you guys think. Plus, I think you'll have fun tinkering what you can do with GSS...

I'll be uploading a video soon, and sadly, I only messed with her when I started Rendering the video, so don't expect any combos from me anytime soon.