Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawl Hackers Unite - The Ultimate Project Challenge  (Read 4198 times)
Zurui
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 22, 2012, 12:01:32 AM »

Hello all,

Zurui here, and I am one of those who have been reaping the benefits of all the hard work many of you have been doing to make all of these incredible mods. First of all, I would like to say thank you. You are all truly talented, and I believe you put more thought and effort into making some of these mods than the creators of the actual game did.
I know to you it may just be a little code tweaking here and file replacing there, but the end result is a completely new experience, and for that, you should be applauded.

On that note, something occurs to me. Many of you make mods that you would like to see, and many take requests for mods others would like to have. This is very generous, and again, great work. But I can't help but wonder: what would happen if several, many, or (dare I dream), all of you teamed up to work together as a whole to make one grand ultimate mod. It would very literally be a game-changer.

Think of it, you could in effect create an entirely new game, using Brawl as the core, but spring boarding off of it to make it grow and develop into something extraordinary.
All you need is one idea, one goal that you can work towards together, and with enough time and dedication, you will reach that goal.

I understand that you all have lives, you must be very busy in them, I know. But in the spare time you have to create these individual mods one at a time, think of how much more effective that time would be spent if you were working toward a grand purpose. I can't make any promises, but I'm sure if your end result is something desirable to a great amount of people, many would be willing to donate financially for your efforts.

As for the end goal, I do have one little idea. Now bear in mind, I am just a lowly gamer who enjoys all the work and efforts you all have been putting into improving this game, making it beyond awesome. So forgive me if my suggestion just seems too ridiculous. Though I believe my idea as a whole, the idea of gathering a super team together for the challenge of this ultimate project, now that is something worth considering.

My simple small suggestion is this.
Let it sink in before you write it off completely.

Marvel VS Disney VS Nintendo

Now hear me out.
We all know how wildly successful the Marvel VS Capcom series is. Making a Marvel VS Nintendo would, in my opinion, be just as good if not better. Also, since this is built off of Brawl, you already have plenty of Nintendo characters in the game, so there would be no need to add any (unless you so desire, of course.)

With regards to the Disney aspect, again I know it may sound ridiculous at first. But did it not also seem ridiculous when you first heard Square Enix was going to have a game that would combine the elements and characters of Final Fantasy and Disney together? Well Kingdom Hearts has also become wildly popular, and ridiculous though it may seem, it works.

Again, this is just a small suggestion on my part. Why not throw your own ideas out there? Maybe even start a poll. Once we know what the people want, then we can all start working toward that goal.

Brawl hackers united.

I look forward to your feedback.

Keep up the good work, my friends.

Superlucario603
Supreme Kitten

Initiating Combat Mode

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 01:00:50 AM »

So what exactly is the question, just wondering?

3DS Friend code- 0447 - 6337 - 9929

MarioStar+
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 07:11:35 AM »

I don't really understand the goal of this...

Superlucario603
    Supreme Kitten

Initiating Combat Mode

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 01:19:31 PM »

I don't really understand the goal of this...

I think he means create a bunch of nintendo disney and marvel characters (which we already have)

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 01:26:24 AM »

i think he means:
    Zurui or some other new member: make a big project thread "insert Stuff insert stuff here" vs. "insert stuff here"
    some randoms ppl post: OMG THIS IS awesome!!!!
    the awesome ppl see: only got 1 post and non hacks in vault
    and think Zurui´s project will fail or Zurui will let anyone else do his work or use other ppl´s hack without even do anything

just like as all of the projects like that here in General Hacking Discussion Boards
    1. a random noob making a thread like this with no hacks in vault at all
    2. some other random noobs with no hacks in vault at all posting: OMG THIS IS AWESOME LET ME JOIN
    3. the thread got lots of spam with stuff like that, not really beeing made any progress at all
    4. some other posting a post like in the thread this one in that thread and the project is stopped or the thread is locked
    5. sometimes they come back with a other thread and start all over again
    « Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:33:32 AM by Mariodk » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 05:42:13 AM »

You know what I always find hilarious about stuff like this?  It's always the newbies that don't actually know how to do the bulk of the modding that poses these outlandish ideas.

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 09:41:38 AM »

Whoa guys, no need to come at this guy the way you did.

First. I must applaud you for spending your time writing such a long and well written request. Yea, there have been similar outlandish requests of the community in the past but those usually boiled down to:

"it be cool if you guys make nintendo vs everything if you work together it could be possible tell me what you think Kirby Dance  Kirby Dance  Kirby Dance"

But speaking realistically here. The chances of the members of KC:MM joining together for any large project is extremely unlikely.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »

But speaking realistically here. The chances of the members of KC:MM joining together for any large project is extremely unlikely.

Which is exactly why I still think it's an outlandish idea.  Remember Sexy Mountain?  Supposed group project involving lots of people.  What happened with it?  Nothing.  Nothing happened. 

Infact, due to the nature of this community, it would take MUCH less time if the modders to just do their own thing like they always have been, collaborating in small groups or working on their own to make quality mods for the stuff they like.  If it so happens to be Marvel or Disney or Nintendo or whatever franchise, it happens to be that franchise.

Really when it boils down to it, I'd like to see more in the way of "doing" from these newer users.  It's easy to say somebody else should/could do something, but you feel more satisfaction and gain more respect from the rest of the community if you buckle down and try something yourself.

Superlucario603
    Supreme Kitten

Initiating Combat Mode

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 12:07:43 PM »

Which is exactly why I still think it's an outlandish idea.  Remember Sexy Mountain?  Supposed group project involving lots of people.  What happened with it?  Nothing.  Nothing happened. 

Infact, due to the nature of this community, it would take MUCH less time if the modders to just do their own thing like they always have been, collaborating in small groups or working on their own to make quality mods for the stuff they like.  If it so happens to be Marvel or Disney or Nintendo or whatever franchise, it happens to be that franchise.

Really when it boils down to it, I'd like to see more in the way of "doing" from these newer users.  It's easy to say somebody else should/could do something, but you feel more satisfaction and gain more respect from the rest of the community if you buckle down and try something yourself.

He's right.. I mean sexy mountain crashed and burned. And exactly the likelihood of all the greatest people on here joining together? Probably not. Some of the better PSA makers are already crammed with a lot of projects. I'm working on Yuna with Jrush and we might be working on a Squall and Laguna later. So I truly doubt this project will get anywhere

Zurui
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »

I understand. You all have very valid points, and honestly I was foolish to think that no one had thought of this before. I really am sorry for making such a lengthy post, it was unnecessary and a waste of time. Thank you for at least taking the time to read it and posting your feedback.
    I really don't have any skill or talent or the time to help you work on mods. I thank you again for all the hard work that you have done, and I wish I were more helpful in that regard.
    Please keep up the good work, and thank you again for your feedback.
    If someone would be so kind as to remove this thread to prevent further embarrassment on my part, I would appreciate it. If not I understand.
    Thank you once more for all the fine work you do.
    Beyond, thank you very much for your response. That was kind of you.
    You are all doing great things as it is, I was just ignorant to think there was a way to improve. You all must have seen that idea hundreds of times and I was just another newbie thinking he thought of something unique. I am sorry for that. Do not worry about me posting any other pointless suggestions. It shall not happen again. Thank you again for your time to read my posts.

Keep up the good work.
    « Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:10:56 PM by Zurui » Logged

ForOhFor Error
    Holy Kitten

DOG is your destiny

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 07:12:25 PM »

You took that very... reasonably.

Good job, sir.

*tips hat*

FC: 2191-7379-6272