Uniform Team Color Project (Work in Progress)

Started by TheDevicer, January 04, 2013, 04:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 14, 2013, 06:33:27 PM #120 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:34:28 PM by Zacheart
I agree with the feet change, perhaps to cafe noir?. I think the body and eye colors are fine though.

No Skin Change:


Skin Change:


Changed the shoes on each one. I like the skin change. I can't get ingame screenshots but I think it will look really good when we put it on there. Feel free to suggest any other edits.


That skin change is too extreme, try a 5-10 red instead. It still supposed to be a red texture after all. Aside from that you could try making the cheeks a little more pronounced.

I was just going with the pallette on the orange skin. How would I go about changing the cheeks? I know where the files are and all that but how would I make them more pronounced?

February 18, 2013, 07:04:26 PM #125 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:15:08 PM by Badge
Mars red is on the orange side - that's the reason why a more orange tone was suggested. Orange itself is not a main color, though.
As for the cheeks: Seperate the cheek texture from the skin color and edit it. If color changes alone are not enough, you can duplicate the layer to make them more visible (make necessary edits in case it looks bad) or alternatively just redraw them. Others may have better methods, but that's what I came up with.
It's also not really necessary to change them, I just figured it would look better from what I did with Maritime Kirby.

I hope this is what you guys were thinking of. Scarlet isn't exactly on the palette but it works pretty good here. I made the cheeks darker and more defined, and kept the eyes/shoes the same as before.

Generally we use a darker red that has a slight orange tinge. I think Kirby could go a *bit* less bright and a bit more contrast just ever so slightly.

For Kirby's cheeks I think you should either increase the color contrast or revert them to the Default version. Having a clear outline with a very similiar color looks a bit strange. What I had originally though of is something more along the lines of this.

I also agree with Xenozoa on the color.

So make the cheeks darker, skin a bit less saturated?


February 18, 2013, 11:54:02 PM #131 Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:07:25 AM by Mithost
I'll edit the .pac to look like that, then I'll give a download to it?

Edit:Done. Any other changes you guys want done to it? It's the exact same colour as Badge used for the cheeks. Used the colour picker tool for it.


Looks great. I still personally prefer the old body color, but I'd be a-okay if this were the final product.

I really like this one. Everyone was right about the orange being good. Zac, I can probably give you a .pac with the old colour if you really want it ^_^

February 20, 2013, 07:46:49 PM #134 Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:36:15 PM by Zacheart
Quote from: Mithost on February 20, 2013, 11:59:52 AM
I really like this one. Everyone was right about the orange being good. Zac, I can probably give you a .pac with the old colour if you really want it ^_^
That would be really awesome of you. Old body with the current cheeks, eyes, and feet looks perfect to me.