Stage Workshop

Started by LegacyWolf, February 02, 2013, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: russmarrs2 on July 10, 2014, 12:09:49 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
That looks like it could be fun :P Also, did you rip the model/textures yourself? Because I have a model rip (that Peardian did) that might be slightly more HD, here's a preview of it in 3DS Max:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Could just be the lighting, not sure.
Also, if you have the models for the breakable boxes on that world, that could make for an interesting stage mechanic =]


Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on July 10, 2014, 03:31:38 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Holy crap, it never ceases to amaze me how people can just recreate models like this O.o

Quote from: Syvkal on July 10, 2014, 04:08:16 AM
That looks like it could be fun :P Also, did you rip the model/textures yourself? Because I have a model rip (that Peardian did) that might be slightly more HD, here's a preview of it in 3DS Max:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Could just be the lighting, not sure.
Also, if you have the models for the breakable boxes on that world, that could make for an interesting stage mechanic =]
I actually did use Peardian's model rip, so it must just be lighting, but it's just a preview in brawl box though, so that might be why, lol.

Ah ok then, that might be it :P
So no chance of the box model? Damn, I want an excuse to put breakable boxes in a stage >.<

July 10, 2014, 10:34:54 PM #603 Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:38:38 PM by FQuintanilla14
I guess I'm done modelling:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The Starshrooms are there, but Bowser's airship and Starship Mario won't be included since it's already at 32,000 tris. However, star bits will be falling throughout the stage, and maybe some Lumas will hang around too.

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on July 10, 2014, 10:34:54 PM
I guess I'm done modelling:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The Starshrooms are there, but Bowser's airship and Starship Mario won't be included since it's already at 32,000 tris. However, star bits will be falling throughout the stage, and maybe some Lumas will hang around too.
All of my yes.

Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on July 10, 2014, 10:34:54 PMI couldn't find an accurate sky texture

Not sure how useful this is, but here's the sky from the original model:
http://www.models-resource.com/wii/supermariogalaxy/model/1247/

Since a lot of people are making SMG stages, I decided to make a sorta-custom stage based on one of my favorite galaxy.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

How's this then?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Now the question is... how do I put this in the game? :P

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

Quote from: Bonanza ZG on July 11, 2014, 12:15:01 AM
Since a lot of people are making SMG stages, I decided to make a sorta-custom stage based on one of my favorite galaxy.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Toy Time? :o
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on July 11, 2014, 12:18:35 AM
How's this then?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Now the question is... how do I put this in the game? :P

Looks good! :D
Wait, you can model amazingly, but don't know how to import the models? Haha, I'll try (with my limited knowledge) to help =]
I've never used Maya, but on 3DS Max I usually export the model as a .dae file. Then you can just import it straight to brawlbox, and manually add in all the textures (you may also need to add texture references to the materials). Then just set up collisions and lighting and you're done :P

I meant thing like collisions; I knew if I just imported it, the characters would fall through :P

Edit: Oh, and lighting.

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

Unfortunately, I don't know too much about lighting =/ You could either import the lighting from another stage until you find one you like, or ask someone like Mewtwo2000 for some help :P

As for collisions, they're in the MiscData[2] file (Right click -> Preview to start editing them, Alt click to add new collisions, then click on the surfaces to change them to floor/rightwall/leftwall etc.)

Hope that helps somewhat, if not there's most likely some tutorials on the forum somewhere xD

Quote from: Segtendo on July 11, 2014, 12:41:12 AM
Toy Time? :o
Yes. You fight on the orange board sitting on the toy train rail. I'm considering putting other SMG NPCs on the Blue Platform in the back.

Quote from: FQuintanilla14 on July 11, 2014, 12:48:56 AM
I meant thing like collisions; I knew if I just imported it, the characters would fall through :P

Edit: Oh, and lighting.
I know how to import it and give it the character boundaries/collisions without lighting problems if you need help or need to know how to :)

Uh-oh. A thing happened:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


What's this all about? ._.

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0