Stage Workshop

Started by LegacyWolf, February 02, 2013, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 14, 2014, 05:51:32 PM #810 Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:55:43 PM by Bad Box Art Mega Man
Quote from: TheRealDylanator on November 14, 2014, 05:31:50 PM
Damn, that looks amazing, is it based off anything or an original stage? Do we fight on the train or is it in the background? Is it a hazard? If we battle on it, will hitting the front launch you?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!
the last 2 questions' answers are no, since damaging hazards cannot be implemented unless the stage it goes over has those specific hazards already set.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on November 14, 2014, 05:51:32 PM
the last 2 questions' answers are no, since damaging hazards cannot be implemented unless the stage it goes over has those specific hazards already set.
Really, with research would could it ever be possible to put hazards in stages the we currently cannot?

you could try using pirate ship, it has a offensive collision on the lower front part of the ship...

November 15, 2014, 12:31:09 AM #813 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:58:38 AM by Scout
Quote from: ALM5252 on November 14, 2014, 06:56:19 PM
A Mario Galaxy stage?

Yup! Toy Time Galaxy:

In the galaxy game:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


My current importing progress:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Still working on a few kinks, need to mention that Peardian exported these on the model resource website, I always wanted to put these models together for a stage ever since I joined KCMM.

The textures are not final even though they are freshly exported, since I have to edit them to fit Brawl faded unsaturated colors style.

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on November 14, 2014, 05:31:50 PM
Do we fight on the train or is it in the background?

This gave me an idea for a scenic version... on the galaxy stage there is a random train flying around everywhere.

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on November 14, 2014, 07:36:38 PM
you could try using pirate ship, it has a offensive collision on the lower front part of the ship...

I'm keeping this in mind for a future stage.

Managed to get it into Brawlbox.



Quote from: Sandfall on December 19, 2014, 09:08:33 PM
Oooooh nice, what game is this from?
Sonic Colors. It's Planet Wisp.
Don't know if it's the Generations version though.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Sandfall on December 19, 2014, 09:08:33 PM
Oooooh nice, what game is this from?
Quote from: Segtendo on December 19, 2014, 10:09:28 PM
Sonic Colors. It's Planet Wisp.
Don't know if it's the Generations version though.

This is the color's version.
Peardian ripped it, Im gonna import it.

And I thank you. We need more Sonic stages that aren't recolors of Green Hill.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Scout on December 19, 2014, 10:36:14 PM
This is the color's version.
Peardian ripped it, Im gonna import it.
The game uses .brres, so you might have better luck porting it from there than using the OBJs I exported.
Click for my stuff:


December 20, 2014, 01:24:45 AM #821 Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:28:53 AM by Scout
Quote from: Peardian on December 20, 2014, 01:00:17 AM
The game uses .brres, so you might have better luck porting it from there than using the OBJs I exported.

Really? I did not know the game used .brres format as well.

I would like to learn how to port a .bress files from a game then, I already got the ripping tools and such but I never learned how to use them. I made it far enough to rip the files into separate folders, but thats it, I could not gain access to the data inside them. The game was super mario galaxy.

I also would like to know the advantages of doing this method rather than doing the .obj importing.



I already pieced together the .obj and I successfully imported it to brawl box... but I know that those transparent plants will be an issue.

Quote from: Scout on December 20, 2014, 01:24:45 AM
Really? I did not know the game used .brres format as well.

I would like to learn how to port a .bress files from a game then, I already got the ripping tools and such but I never learned how to use them. I made it far enough to rip the files into separate folders, but thats it, I could not gain access to the data inside them. The game was super mario galaxy.

I also would like to know the advantages of doing this method rather than doing the .obj importing.



I already pieced together the .obj and I successfully imported it to brawl box... but I know that those transparent plants will be an issue.
This.

Quote from: Scout on December 20, 2014, 01:24:45 AM
I know that those transparent plants will be an issue.

It was logical...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Please pay no mind to the main stage, its a placeholder.

Anyone knows how to fix transparency?

Quote from: Scout on December 20, 2014, 02:52:32 PM
It was logical...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Please pay no mind to the main stage, its a placeholder.

Anyone knows how to fix transparency?
I think Green Green's Tree has the transparency you're looking for. The ModelData[2] in the file, under materials, mat34, be sure to copy the shader it uses as well.
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE