BILL'S HAT MODEL IMPORTED INTO BRAWL!

Started by Protoman.EXE, February 20, 2010, 04:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Can you convert/import .DAE files into Brawl? Because I found this place a few days ago and I think It'd be awesome If you could import this.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


@RandomTBush

if I gave you a mesh that's lower in polycount and vertcount to another mesh I want to replace. would you be able to replace it for me?

its the matter of replacing shinobu's hair with the real shinobu's hair.
find files here. (i dont care about UV import)
http://rapidshare.com/files/399165346/marth_shinobu_jacobs_B_v01.zip


otherwise tomorrow I'll be committing time to scripting in max.
is there any functions you need might want, I can likely carry it out in maxscript.
like exportings verts or faces something like that in a specified format. or any read / write things. ? oh and do you know in what region the vertex weights are being stored?

also I was heavily involved with gmod, I've got alot of models. let me know if your looking for something. ;)
Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
[Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

Quote from: CR4CK3RW0LF on June 15, 2010, 05:04:48 AM@randomTbrush, NICE! i just assumed it was doable only if it was from the source engine.

they ported mewtwo for gary's mod, if you made that for brawl.... you would be the most popular guy in brawl vault :D

provided that you get the rigging format situated that is.. i would settle for a crowbar XD
Ah, yeah. That's another thing I should do when/if I get the rigging format figured out. I should probably rig his model over Lucario's skeleton so that it will have the best results.

Quote from: mariokart64n on June 15, 2010, 05:29:11 AM
@RandomTBush

if I gave you a mesh that's lower in polycount and vertcount to another mesh I want to replace. would you be able to replace it for me?

its the matter of replacing shinobu's hair with the real shinobu's hair.
find files here. (i dont care about UV import)
http://rapidshare.com/files/399165346/marth_shinobu_jacobs_B_v01.zip


otherwise tomorrow I'll be committing time to scripting in max.
is there any functions you need might want, I can likely carry it out in maxscript.
like exportings verts or faces something like that in a specified format. or any read / write things. ? oh and do you know in what region the vertex weights are being stored?

also I was heavily involved with gmod, I've got alot of models. let me know if your looking for something. ;)
I suppose I could. I'll see if I can get it done within a week.

And I'm almost certain that the rigging is set up in polygon groups like this:

30 00 EF B0 78
30 00 F0 B0 84
30 00 85 B0 90
30 00 F2 B0 9C
30 00 1F B0 A8
30 00 44 B0 B4
30 00 41 B0 C0
20 00 EF B0 00
20 00 F0 B0 0C
20 00 85 B0 18
20 00 F2 B0 24
20 00 1F B0 30
20 00 44 B0 3C
20 00 41 B0 48
28 00 EF 84 00
28 00 F0 84 09
28 00 85 84 12
28 00 F2 84 1B
28 00 1F 84 24
28 00 44 84 2D
28 00 41 84 36
The identifiers for rigging are "30", "20" and "28", and are in the polygon groupings in several different spots. That's just one of the many chunks from Pikachu's MDL0. Right now, I really don't know what those values mean, but I'm gonna be comparing the exported values from a DAE file and the raw values and see what's similar between them sometime later. (That's how I figured out the basic polygon format in the first place, in fact.)

And DANG, that Shinobu used to be Marth? Certainly fooled me. D:

Can I request, if possible, Sora's Keyblade converted as a Brawl model?
Preferable this one:
http://www.models-resource.com/psx_ps2/KH2FM/sheet/146

Quote from: RandomTBush on June 15, 2010, 04:38:23 AM
The first thing I'll do when I figure it out, though, will most likely be porting Zoey over Zero Suit Samus.

Dude!!! I would LOVE you forever if you did get Zoey in Brawl. She's my fave L4D char. I can't wait till you can import Source engine stuff. I'll keep my eye on this topic from now on XD
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



We still have a long way to go before EVERYTHING has been hacked in Brawl.

Well... no one has done a Mr. Canti from Fooly Cooly yet. That's something that WOULD BE APPRECIATED! (HINT DO IT SOMEONE HINT!)

Hopes...Dreams....
Where did they come from.... and where are they going...
I shall destroy these things!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credit to Johnny Phantom for the signature.

gawd this topic is dead, plz post in requests.. 0_0

[white]

Quote from: Judge CR4CK3RW0LF on June 28, 2010, 03:30:41 AM
gawd this topic is dead, plz post in requests.. 0_0
It's not dead unless I say it is.

But anyway, I've been having some trouble getting Max's Severed Head to work on Pikachu. It's there and everything, but it causes the same glitching and slowdown as I had with Jigglypuff when I first tried to put the Bill's Hat in the same MDL0... I'm gonna spend more time looking into the MDL0 format, because I think I may just be forgetting something important...

oh, sorry bout that, its just that its been very quiet.. 0_0

[white]

All the major info in a collada dae file is just a rearranged version of brawls MDL0 files. I can build completely new brawl models from any dae, the only thing is it take about a bajillion years. The only thing don't quite understand fully is how tristrips works.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

It doesn't have to be on pikachu, I mainly want it as a kirby hat.

I want max too in brawl and maybe a character model import from sam and max season 1 or 2

July 14, 2010, 07:14:27 PM #102 Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:15:22 PM by RandomTBush
Quote from: VILE on June 30, 2010, 01:16:30 AM
All the major info in a collada dae file is just a rearranged version of brawls MDL0 files. I can build completely new brawl models from any dae, the only thing is it take about a bajillion years. The only thing don't quite understand fully is how tristrips works.
Triangle strips basically go from point 1 to 2 to 3, then from 2 to 3 to 4, then from 3 to 4 to 5, etc. It's a more efficient way for storing large lengths of triangles.

Quote from: NecroMasterX on June 30, 2010, 01:53:42 AM
It doesn't have to be on pikachu, I mainly want it as a kirby hat.
Well, good, because I can't get it working on Pikachu, because of the way the vertex weights are stored. I'll see if I can get a chance to put the Kirby hat model together sometime later next week.

Quote from: Internetakias on July 10, 2010, 05:10:56 PM
I want max too in brawl and maybe a character model import from sam and max season 1 or 2
Entire character models are not possible yet, and probably won't be for a few more months (at least).

Quote from: RandomTBush on July 14, 2010, 07:14:27 PM
Quote from: VILE on June 30, 2010, 01:16:30 AM
All the major info in a collada dae file is just a rearranged version of brawls MDL0 files. I can build completely new brawl models from any dae, the only thing is it take about a bajillion years. The only thing don't quite understand fully is how tristrips works.
Triangle strips basically go from point 1 to 2 to 3, then from 2 to 3 to 4, then from 3 to 4 to 5, etc. It's a more efficient way for storing large lengths of triangles.

Sorry i meant to say i know how they work, but i don't know a method (or at least one that doesn't require me searching for each individual point and writing it) for getting a string of them.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: VILE on July 15, 2010, 03:22:55 AMSorry i meant to say i know how they work, but i don't know a method (or at least one that doesn't require me searching for each individual point and writing it) for getting a string of them.
If you want an easy way to convert the triangles into tristrips, use the Collada Refinery. Just run a DAE file through it with Tristripper, and it'll convert all of the triangles into triangle strips.

(Sometime, I'll write a better step-by-step tutorial, so that no important steps will be missed.)