The Waluigi PSA. Finally Released!

Started by MKHT, April 15, 2013, 01:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Excellent - Wario


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


well done, mah boi

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

"It's been 3000 years."

But it's finally here.

I need to bust out Brawl.

Also nice Black Shadow teaser.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Okay then. It's BrawlEx time. I'm actually excited for this one. And I'm not even a Waluigi fan.

January 01, 2016, 10:08:53 PM #1250 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:25:43 PM by StupidMarioFan1
Is Twitter the only place to report problems or ask questions? Because I need help adding Waluigi to my custom BrawlEx setup (currently using a plain setup just to use Waluigi) because simply adding in the cosmetics isn't working, he crashes the game when pressing start to go to the Stage Select Screen. :(

Waluigi is fun but I have been getting some freezes randomly, though not sure if Waluigi or just something else in the ISO, but apparently I'm not the only one who has been having problems. :(

Also I think a ReadMe on Waluigi's moves would be nice, or maybe I'm the only one who wants one. :P
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2016, 10:08:53 PM
Is Twitter the only place to report problems or ask questions?
Nah, you can report issues here, too.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2016, 10:08:53 PMBecause I need help adding Waluigi to my custom BrawlEx setup (currently using a plain setup just to use Waluigi) because simply adding in the cosmetics isn't working, he crashes the game when pressing start to go to the Stage Select Screen. :(
To get cosmetics working for a BrawlEx Cosmetic slot, you need to do more than just add them to the sc_selcharacter.pac. You also have to add entries in various PAT0 animations in MiscData[30]. This template does all of the work for you: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210423 Just add Cosmetics like you normally would.

As for general crashing issues, did you use the Configs included in the download? Or did you try making your own? Did you make sure you have BrawlEx in general installed correctly? Did you follow the various ReadMe txt files?

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2016, 10:08:53 PMWaluigi is fun but I have been getting some freezes randomly, though not sure if Waluigi or just something else in the ISO, but apparently I'm not the only one who has been having problems. :(
If you can't get the crash to occur consecutively with exact details, then there's nothing we can do and we'll have to assume it's an issue on your end.

Though which download are you using? The P&P one or the BrawlEx one?

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2016, 10:08:53 PMAlso I think a ReadMe on Waluigi's moves would be nice, or maybe I'm the only one who wants one. :P
His Special Moves, sure, but I don't think all of his Normals should be listed in a ReadMe, but here's the listed Specials in the meantime.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Thanks, was completely confused on the Down Special, also I had forgotten about the pat0 files, but then again, it has been a while since I messed with BrawlEx. I used the configs besides the CSSRoster from the BrawlEx download.

The freezing is happening with the P&P one and it seems to happen against modded characters and original characters in normal matches, Classic Mode and All-Star Mode, even had a freeze from staying on one of CSS screens too long (as I was looking something up online).

I'll see if I can get him to work with the BE one after editing the pat0 files.
It might be a good idea to include links to tutorials because I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who download the mod wouldn't have used BrawlEx before, especially if they're coming from being disappointed with the Smash 4 DLC.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2016, 11:03:59 PM
Thanks, was completely confused on the Down Special, also I had forgotten about the pat0 files, but then again, it has been a while since I messed with BrawlEx. I used the configs besides the CSSRoster from the BrawlEx download.
So there's nothing wrong with the configs then.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2016, 11:03:59 PMThe freezing is happening with the P&P one and it seems to happen against modded characters and original characters in normal matches, Classic Mode and All-Star Mode, even had a freeze from staying on one of CSS screens too long (as I was looking something up online).
I don't think the P&P one was put together very well nor did it have proper testing, so that's why you might be getting your issues.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2016, 11:03:59 PMI'll see if I can get him to work with the BE one after editing the pat0 files.
Just use the template I linked to save yourself the time. :P

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2016, 11:03:59 PMIt might be a good idea to include links to tutorials because I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people who download the mod wouldn't have used BrawlEx before, especially if they're coming from being disappointed with the Smash 4 DLC.
I believe MK's going to record a video to show people who are newer how to install Waluigi.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I can confirm the freezing issue. Using the P&P version on a clean virtual SD with Dolphin.

For those trying to use the P&P Version and experiencing crashing, try this variation and tell me what happens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlxusbhngtrlmzv/Waluigi%20Plug%20%26%20Play%20Version.zip?dl=0
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

for any of your hackless people, just found out what made it crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAXoNG0HHdk

I is smart guyz




About time this PSA came out. Amazing job there guys! Can't wait for that Black Shadow either.

<.< did i miss it? where the PM PSA? no rush but if its somewhere up for download let me know plz.

Quote from: Cyanide65 on April 02, 2016, 04:17:17 PM
<.< did i miss it? where the PM PSA? no rush but if its somewhere up for download let me know plz.
The PM version of the PSA is still being worked on
Wanna battle me in Pokémon or Sm4sh 3DS?
Add me then! FC:0989-2835-1270
PM me your FC after adding me!