Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!

Started by Large Leader, April 17, 2013, 08:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

You say goodbye and I say...

Hello
15 (36.6%)
Goodbye
4 (9.8%)
Who are you?
3 (7.3%)
u wot m8?
12 (29.3%)
cya nerds!
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 01, 2014, 07:48:42 PM
For some reason BBox doesn't want to make the full gif of Zacks WIP Apocalypse :srs:

Ill make a video of it in BBox whenever I can.

I might take the animation from the Cloud PSA for the backthrow (stab the person, turn around and kick them away)
If brawlbox won't do it, download a screen recorder and upload it to youtube?


Quote from: Riddler on March 01, 2014, 07:49:36 PM
If brawlbox won't do it, download a screen recorder and upload it to youtube?

Yeah, that's what ill do. Its what I did for Roy's side special, although I don't think I put it up here...

But you should still be able to get to my youtube account from the Hector preview vid in the OP.

Post Merge: March 01, 2014, 09:06:45 PM

Here's a WIP preview of Apocalypse:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 01, 2014, 07:51:27 PM
Yeah, that's what ill do. Its what I did for Roy's side special, although I don't think I put it up here...

But you should still be able to get to my youtube account from the Hector preview vid in the OP.

Post Merge: March 01, 2014, 09:06:45 PM

Here's a WIP preview of Apocalypse:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Ummmm....

..

What is he doing? Besides floating obviously.

..

Oooh wait a minute, just rewatched it. Is this some lame explode everything final smash??


Quote from: ShinyMammoth on March 02, 2014, 01:10:14 AM
Ummmm....

..

What is he doing? Besides floating obviously.

..

Oooh wait a minute, just rewatched it. Is this some lame explode everything final smash??



I'm assuming that you haven't played FF or Crisis Core.

It's more like an electrical storm.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And just saying, don't know if you were trying or not, but that's that came off as slightly rude. I'd like to keep it calm and civilized here.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 02, 2014, 01:18:20 AM
I'm assuming that you haven't played FF or Crisis Core.

It's more like an electrical storm.

So yes then? The question was more in reference to how it was going to work. Like is it going to kill the whole stage? or will it actually be a balanced final where you have ample opportunity to avoid/sheild it?

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 02, 2014, 01:18:20 AM
And just saying, don't know if you were trying or not, but that's that came off as slightly rude. I'd like to keep it calm and civilized here.

I was more or less typing out my thought process as I was watching your animation. I try to critique animations as if I was someone who knows nothing and is seeing this character do this for the first time. If it came off rude that only means you interpreted it that way.

Quote from: ShinyMammoth on March 02, 2014, 01:36:40 AM
So yes then? The question was more in reference to how it was going to work. Like is it going to kill the whole stage? or will it actually be a balanced final where you have ample opportunity to avoid/sheild it?

If I wanted to stay true to the game, then this should take up the whole stage and 1-shot everything.

But I don't want to do that.

It'll take up approximately half of Final Destination and will have a long delay before the electrical storm actually hits. The hitboxes can be shielded and come down at regular intervals (albeit every lightning bolt will have a different timing). So if you can powershield at the right time, then you can block the whole thing. Getting hit by one bolt will stun you and do about 20% damage, if you don't block the first one, you'll get hit by all of them. KB will be high, seeing as it can be easily blocked and is blatantly telegraphed like no other.

Quote
I was more or less typing out my thought process as I was watching your animation. I try to critique animations as if I was someone who knows nothing and is seeing this character do this for the first time. If it came off rude that only means you interpreted it that way.

You could have said something along the lines of "From what I see, it's just a giant explosion". But in the end, it was my mistake in interpreting it and acting on it, not yours.

I can't really show GFX in the model viewer unless I already added it (which I haven't done so). This is still all very early stage in the process. I'm just throwing up something for everyone to see, because why not?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 02, 2014, 01:42:55 AM
If I wanted to stay true to the game, then this should take up the whole stage and 1-shot everything.

But I don't want to do that.

It'll take up approximately half of Final Destination and will have a long delay before the electrical storm actually hits. The hitboxes can be shielded and come down at regular intervals (albeit every lightning bolt will have a different timing). So if you can powershield at the right time, then you can block the whole thing. Getting hit by one bolt will stun you and do about 20% damage, if you don't block the first one, you'll get hit by all of them. KB will be high, seeing as it can be easily blocked and is blatantly telegraphed like no other.

Thats good to hear. I am just tired of seeing hacks come out with the cheap and cheezy, kill everyone everywhere no matter what.

Quote from: Zack Fair on March 02, 2014, 01:42:55 AM
You could have said something along the lines of "From what I see, it's just a giant explosion". But in the end, it was my mistake in interpreting it and acting on it, not yours.


I think I should have said "Is this going to be another lame explode everything everywhere Final. Similar to (instert psa here)" Because I was trying to ask about the final while still expressing my disgust for that style of final.


Quote from: ShinyMammoth on March 02, 2014, 01:56:28 AM
Thats good to hear. I am just tired of seeing hacks come out with the cheap and cheezy, kill everyone everywhere no matter what.

Agreed. I like my PSA's to be fun and balanced for both the player and the enemy.

Quote
I think I should have said "Is this going to be another lame explode everything everywhere Final. Similar to (instert psa here)" Because I was trying to ask about the final while still expressing my disgust for that style of final.

It's both our faults, so no harm done.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Zack and Angeal will be over Ike.

Genesis will be over Ganondorf

Sephiroth will be over Link

Made new animations for Zack's Thundara/Firaga/Blizzaga.

Will start animating the taunt to change between the three modes either tomorrow or on Monday.

Post Merge: March 02, 2014, 07:29:41 PM

Preview of Zack's Thunder/Fire/Blizzard

If fully charged, it will become Thundara/Firaga/Blizzaga

The first animation (SpecialNStart) will have a FSM of 0.5 and the last animation (SpecialNEnd) will have a FSM of about 1.5-1.8

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Nice, I like it! When it's ready to be tested, you can PM me and I can test along with taking in-game pictures. Of course that's your choice though. ;D

Quote from: solarflare4774 on March 03, 2014, 03:38:45 AM
Nice, I like it! When it's ready to be tested, you can PM me and I can test along with taking in-game pictures. Of course that's your choice though. ;D

Sure, ill keep that in mind. Although Zack is far from being beta tested.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

No problem, I can wait. You see I have high expectations so you should take your time. ;D

Crisis Core was such a good game. I'm glad you're giving Zack a PSA.

Been trying to animate today and... it just isn't going as smoothly as before. And it's started to get me frustrated, which isn't good at all.

I'm going to be taking a break from animating and whatnot for a while.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.