Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!

Started by Large Leader, April 17, 2013, 08:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

You say goodbye and I say...

Hello
15 (36.6%)
Goodbye
4 (9.8%)
Who are you?
3 (7.3%)
u wot m8?
12 (29.3%)
cya nerds!
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

So after a very, very, very long time (actually, since the name "Kakusei" was revealed). I finally got my hands on Fire Emblem: Awakening...

The fact that I just got it, goes hand in hand with the following picture:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's happening, folks.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

How do you animate?  The last post's animations are very stiff.  My workflow includes turning the default key tangents to Stepped mode and then make all the core key frames.  This allows me to focus just on the keyframes and timing without worrying about or being distracted by weird interpolation issues.  I call that the blocking phase.  After that, I work on small segments. I convert the keys to linear or spline.  At this stage, I'm making sure the things animate nicely between within a segment.  This is where the "sub"(?) animation comes in and I focus less on the keyframes, and more on the way things move throughout.  After that, I hit the graph editor to make nice clean curves and ensure things are doing what I think they should.  Then I repeat for the next segment.  That's my workflow with HIK and it seems to work good so far. 

Yeah, I struggle a lot with interpolation, and it ends up screwing up some of my animations.

I'm not happy with the last posts animations either, but they're better than what I had before, imo. I'm going to redo it again, sooner or later.

Right now, I'm working on:

-Dark Link's fall animations and aerials. After that, I have to do his tilt attacks, and then finally his Up Special, Aerial Side Special, Aerial Down Special, and Final Smash.
-My old SS Link (cleaning up the coding)
-New FS for Roy
-Fixing an Ext Gfx Error on Hector
-Chrom
-Starting to learn how Modelling works (specifically want to make a custom model for SS Link's Skyward Strike).

My Final Fantasy Hacks are on hold until I improve the rigs. Looking back, I'm not happy with either Zack or Tidus' rig.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So I started to work on Roy's new Final Smash



I know exactly how I want to code it, but the problem is there... Why does he stomp his foot? (I'm assuming TSG or KJP are going to show up and help out :V)


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Is that baked?  Try sampling every frame?

Check the curve? It looks like a duplicate frame with bad tangents.

July 24, 2014, 07:52:37 PM #770 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:15:17 PM by Captain Falcon
Quote from: TheShyGuy on July 24, 2014, 07:08:22 PM
Is that baked?  Try sampling every frame?

Check the curve? It looks like a duplicate frame with bad tangents.

Not baked yet. It's still in maya, which is kinda worrying me.

And... in english please :P

Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 08:25:34 PM




Fixed the problem. I added a few more inbetweens after making the gif, so the final result is slightly slower. But still the same concept.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Curve: Select a bone/joint/control(Human IK). Open the graph editor (Window->Animation->Graph Editor).  The curves you see are what I'm talking about. The tangents, like in BB, show when selecting a keyframe (the dots on the curve/line). The tangents just affect the err curve heh of the...curve....lol that's not helpful.  You're just gonna have to look at the curves and make sure there isn't anything weird going on.

July 24, 2014, 09:29:22 PM #772 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:50:05 PM by Captain Falcon
So it was what I thought it'd be lol

Thanks for giving that tip to KJP about changing tangents to Linear. It works beautifully.

Post Merge: July 25, 2014, 11:49:34 PM

New Roy Taunt/Entry animation



I'll probably add more of a pause when he raises the sword, so it bursts into flame before he spins it and sheaths it.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Stream Up


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I've been really quiet as of late, and there's a lot of reasons for that:

-I've been tinkering on Roy. Got a couple of more animations for him. But nowhere near as far as Dark Link, who I have not worked on at all.

-I'm completely rerigging Tidus along with his alt costumes from the Dissidia games

-I've been acquiring more models to rig. And with more models, means more PSA's, which I'm not too keen on.

-I've kinda been bored with Brawl hacking. Not planning to leave permanently any time soon, though.

See you guys around.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 26, 2014, 01:09:26 AM #775 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:13:30 AM by Captain Falcon
Quote from: Captain Falcon on August 24, 2014, 08:36:58 PM
Is this my third time on Zack? Can't tell anymore.

I moved the hand bones to match his fingers more.



Quote from: Captain Falcon on August 07, 2014, 02:47:58 PM
Restarted the Tidus rig from the beginning: His model rip from Dissidia. Thanks to Satoshi, I also have his alternate costumes. Right now, he's already TPosed and waiting to be rigged, so this is an old picture.



Also restarted Zed. Going to put him on Link. He won't be an import, I'm planning to make him a full  custom moveset:



Boneset is going to use Link's as a base.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Omg that Zack and Tidus o..o Those models do look pretty amazing. I can't wait....But I have to XD
You Never Know!

Quote from: zutox on August 26, 2014, 07:06:41 PM
Omg that Zack and Tidus o..o Those models do look pretty amazing. I can't wait....But I have to XD

Considering that I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to rigging and animating, it might take a while :P

Zack will have all of his costumes from Crisis Core (First Class, First Class with Buster Sword and Slicked back hair, Beach)

The reason Second Class and End Game Zack aren't listed is because they're pretty much just texture differences. If there are actual model differences, then I'll rig them up.

Tidus already has a good amount of work done on him, but I might have to redo a lot of it after rerigging him.

And Zed is in his own little world. By far probably the hardest I'll have to rig, animate, and PSA.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I don't do this often...



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Low quality animations incoming:

Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 04, 2014, 03:02:15 PM
Ignore the fact that the Monado is in his hand, that the other Monado isn't on his back, and that his hands are white.

Was in a rush to do these, but they're "okay". I'm going to improve them in the future.





I know the second one looks a bit choppy. Takes a literal second to fix, so it'll look much more smooth.

Quote from: Captain Falcon on September 04, 2014, 10:56:02 PM
Attack13 with messed up rotations on the ending. Will fix in BBox.



Next is the Bair (coming soon). Which oddly enough is the same animation I made for my Roy PSA with a couple of changes.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.