Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!

Started by Large Leader, April 17, 2013, 08:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

You say goodbye and I say...

Hello
15 (36.6%)
Goodbye
4 (9.8%)
Who are you?
3 (7.3%)
u wot m8?
12 (29.3%)
cya nerds!
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

November 11, 2014, 04:30:36 PM #1110 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:35:59 PM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on November 11, 2014, 04:15:32 PM
i'm assuming you'll make a custom ganon or something for the FS, i'm dissapointed it wont be a transformation FS though, specially since it is OoT after all, and ganon was the most epic boss of all...

Having a transform  FS would probably be smarter in the long run. But seeing as it's on Lucario and not Wario/Bowser, I opted for a different Final Smash.

Remember, I haven't shown EVERYTHING that I plan to do for the moveset. So hang on tight for more info!




Regarding more info...

Ganondorf needs about 4 more animations so that all his animations aside from FS and Extra Misc animations are completed. I'll be using all his misc and wait animations from vBrawl along with a bunch of vBrawl animations.

FS will have 4 or 5 animations (the 4th is when you miss, and the 5th is when you hit with it).

He'll have about 5 Extra Misc animations.

Then, all that'll be left is coding everything.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on November 11, 2014, 08:59:20 AM
Artistic Freedom.

It's a huge factor. Take Captain Falcon for example lol
At that point it's not "OoT Ganondorf" anymore though. Putting the OoT on it implies it's based directly on it. A good final smash would be either a controllable Ganon transformation or his energy ball assault. Or rushing through on his horse. The dragon is just completely unrelated to him. Other than that it all looks great, it's just that the dragon is completely out . Captain Falcon's artistic freedom stemmed from him having no out-of-vehicle animations to work with. Ganondorf has plenty to work with.


November 11, 2014, 07:52:35 PM #1112 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:01:30 PM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf
Quote from: Riddler on November 11, 2014, 06:51:47 PM
At that point it's not "OoT Ganondorf" anymore though. Putting the OoT on it implies it's based directly on it. A good final smash would be either a controllable Ganon transformation or his energy ball assault. Or rushing through on his horse. The dragon is just completely unrelated to him. Other than that it all looks great, it's just that the dragon is completely out . Captain Falcon's artistic freedom stemmed from him having no out-of-vehicle animations to work with. Ganondorf has plenty to work with.

I'm panning to include everything you've listed (Beast Ganon, Energy Ball assault which I'm assuming is that beam thing he does, and riding his horse) . But even with that, I need to come up with moves to cover up the holes in this moveset.

If you have a problem with it, you're more than welcome to edit it after I release it to fit to your liking. You could remove the dragons from both Gerudo Dragon and the FS, add a couple of gfx and you're golden.

But that's not what I want to do. I want my OoT Ganon to have flair. Not just "Oh, he used magic, ok". I want to hear "Holy [censored] where did that come from?"


Here's a list from the Zelda Wiki outlining the attacks used by Ganondorf:

Energy balls - included
Shock wave punches - included
Spread energy balls - included

Other things he's done:

Reflect stuff with his cape - included
turns into Beast Ganon - included
Rides a horse - included
Fly around - included

Honestly, that's about it. What do you want me to do? Include him playing an Organ so it's more "OoT Authentic"?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hey, by the way, being a bit off-topic, I hope I didn't disencourage you of doing what you wanted to do. You should just know you will have some headaches. And if you are unlucky it will probably shorten your lifespan in some weeks.  >D
Kidding. But will grant you white hair sooner.

Quote from: Mortimer on November 11, 2014, 08:55:58 PM
Hey, by the way, being a bit off-topic, I hope I didn't disencourage you of doing what you wanted to do. You should just know you will have some headaches. And if you are unlucky it will probably shorten your lifespan in some weeks.  >D
Kidding. But will grant you white hair sooner.

Don't worry, I already have white hair. I think I look pretty good with it.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on November 11, 2014, 07:52:35 PMHonestly, that's about it. What do you want me to do? Include him playing an Organ so it's more "OoT Authentic"?
That needs to be a victory animation!

Quote from: TurboChaos on November 11, 2014, 09:15:01 PM
That needs to be a victory animation!

If I could, I would. Although I think the two dragon GFX's might take up a bunch of space.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on November 11, 2014, 07:52:35 PM
I'm panning to include everything you've listed (Beast Ganon, Energy Ball assault which I'm assuming is that beam thing he does, and riding his horse) . But even with that, I need to come up with moves to cover up the holes in this moveset.

If you have a problem with it, you're more than welcome to edit it after I release it to fit to your liking. You could remove the dragons from both Gerudo Dragon and the FS, add a couple of gfx and you're golden.

But that's not what I want to do. I want my OoT Ganon to have flair. Not just "Oh, he used magic, ok". I want to hear "Holy [censored] where did that come from?"


Here's a list from the Zelda Wiki outlining the attacks used by Ganondorf:

Energy balls - included
Shock wave punches - included
Spread energy balls - included

Other things he's done:

Reflect stuff with his cape - included
turns into Beast Ganon - included
Rides a horse - included
Fly around - included

Honestly, that's about it. What do you want me to do? Include him playing an Organ so it's more "OoT Authentic"?
I hope you're not taking offense to this criticism. The hack as a whole is looking good, but the authenticity is killed with the random dragon.

There are plenty of things you can do to add flair without adding things that are completely irrelevant.

My opinions:
The final smash should probably be Beast Ganon, since that's his last resort in the game.
Neutral B: Energy Ball. Big damage, slower speed than side-b.
Side B: 5x Homing Energy Balls- Consider Samus' homing missile as inspiration. Easy to dodge, but unblockable. Less damage than energy ball.
Up-B: Levitate. Self-explanitory. Probably no damage but great recovery.
Down-B: Ground-punch. massive shockwave AOE damage and/or stun effect

Alternately: Neutral B: Energyball/Homing Energyball. As you charge it, input a direction to determine whether it's a regular ball or the 5x spread, giving Ganondorf ways to play mindgames.
Side B: Horse-Dash, similar to Wario's motorcycle.

Grab: If possible, encase them in a crystal like he would to Zelda.

A attacks can all be different punches, kicks, and sword attacks.

Post Merge: November 11, 2014, 10:14:30 PM

Further Alternately: The ground-punch can be his down smash, with big startup lag, with Down-B as your cape reflect.


November 11, 2014, 10:15:42 PM #1118 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:20:22 PM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf
Quote from: Riddler on November 11, 2014, 10:05:31 PM
I hope you're not taking offense to this criticism. The hack as a whole is looking good, but the authenticity is killed with the random dragon.

There are plenty of things you can do to add flair without adding things that are completely irrelevant.

The only way I won't include the dragons is if they interfere with the inclusion of other, more vital gfx/code. Otherwise they're in. Like I said before, I have no problem with it if someone takes them out and replaces them with darkness GFX or something. I just won't be doing it, if file space allows.

Quote
My opinions:
The final smash should probably be Beast Ganon, since that's his last resort in the game.

I'm not going to comment on this for now. Not because "2r00d4me" or anything. I just don't want to comment on this for now. Plans might change as I start to compile the whole moveset together inside FitLucario.pac

Quote
B: Energy Ball. Big damage, slower speed than side-b.
Side B: 5x Homing Energy Balls - Consider Samus' homing missile as inspiration. Easy to dodge, but unblockable. Less damage than energy ball.
Up-B: Levitate
Down-B: Ground-punch, massive shockwave AOE damage and/or stun effect

Everything you've listed is already included in the moveset. The only difference being that the Side B isn't possible to replicate as you might want it to be. So the Side B will be Gerudo Dragon and I'll move the homing energy beam/balls to somewhere else. I might decide to just have the shadow of a dragon show up, instead of it coming out to hit once or twice. But again, it all depends on the amount of space I have left.

Quote
Alternately: Neutral B: Energyball/Homing Energyball. As you charge it, input a direction to determine whether it's a regular ball or the 5x spread, giving Ganondorf ways to play mindgames.

Ganondorf is already going to require a hell of a lot of file space. As much as I would love to include that for mind games, I just can't.

Quote
Side B: Horse-Dash, similar to Wario's motorcycle.

This will be his entry animation.

Quote
Grab: If possible, encase them in a crystal like he would to Zelda.

It should be possible, but might bloat file size. But for now, he's using his VBrawl grab and throw animations

Quote
A attacks can all be different punches, kicks, and sword attacks.

Already done


As you can tell, there's a lot I've just revealed that I wanted to keep hidden. But, oh well.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 11, 2014, 10:16:23 PM #1119 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:23:44 PM by xXKingxXxJigglyxXxPuffXx
It doesn't always have to be canon. Just mainly fitting for the character. I do feel if Ganondorf could summon a Dragon, then he would. If we have to only use canon resources, then the majority of say, Pokemon movesets would be cluttered and/or limited. Not to mention, Thunder Jolt, Aura Storm, and Puff Up aren't real Pokemon moves. OoT Ganondorf is a sorcerer, so I feel he should make his moveset to reflect that. Not to mention in Twilight Princess, Ganondorf's magic allowed Zant to bring the Dragon, Stallord back to life as an undead skeleton.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Don't call it "OoT Ganondorf" then, because it's misleading, and anyone who goes to download it will be confused.


You're kinda overlooking things, Riddler. It's just two moves. Everything else is going to reflect his canon abilities. I don't see what the fuss is about. I mean, I can understand your concern if he made the dragon thing a gimmick, but it's only for two moves, so I think he's fine.

Not to mention, things are listed as WIP for a reason. He could possibly scrap the dragon thing all together. Also, his poll has the majority of voters picking the dragon option, so I'm not sure why you care so much. But hey, you can't please everyone.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: xXKingxXxJigglyxXxPuffXx on November 11, 2014, 10:30:43 PM
You're kinda overlooking things, Riddler. It's just two moves. Everything else is going to reflect his canon abilities. I don't see what the fuss is about. I mean, I can understand your concern if he made the dragon thing a gimmick, but it's only for two moves, so I think he's fine.

Not to mention, things are listed as WIP for a reason. He could possibly scrap the dragon thing all together. Also, his poll has the majority of voters picking the dragon option, so I'm not sure why you care so much. But hey, you can't please everyone.

Haven't you heard?

Everyone wants the Dragons.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: xXKingxXxJigglyxXxPuffXx on November 11, 2014, 10:30:43 PM
You're kinda overlooking things, Riddler. It's just two moves. Everything else is going to reflect his canon abilities. I don't see what the fuss is about. I mean, I can understand your concern if he made the dragon thing a gimmick, but it's only for two moves, so I think he's fine.

Not to mention, things are listed as WIP for a reason. He could possibly scrap the dragon thing all together. Also, his poll has the majority of voters picking the dragon option, so I'm not sure why you care so much. But hey, you can't please everyone.
I care because if this is going into the vault as "OoT" Ganondorf, it should reflect what he can actually do and represent the character accurately in anything he's not canonically able to do, otherwise the name is misleading. Minus the weird names in his Smash Bros. moves, Ganondorf has literally nothing to do with dragons. Zant/Stallord may be an argument, but not only is it a huge stretch, it's TP, not OoT. I'm sorry that I don't blindly support things and that constructive criticism is such a bad thing (seems to be a trend at this site). Artistic freedom is fine when you don't have anything to work with, but if you DO have source material, you should work with it. Ganondorf has so much potential without having to invent things.

As for the "it's just two moves" argument: Special moves define a character, and as of Brawl, Final Smashes REALLY define a character. That's why it's important.

I don't mind if he includes it, I just don't like the misleading name. It's not an accurate portrayal.


when you give constructive criticism, you should also accept the other person not following it.