Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need a little help optimizing a model  (Read 872 times)
Lost Saltshaker
Advanced Kitten

Has no taste in music.

• Awards Starstormer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 28, 2013, 05:12:56 PM »

I decided today to finally learn how to rig models, and chose a 'frankenstein' project of Ness' Mom over Peach. I went to give the mostly-finished model a look in Brawl to check for bugs before I started rigging. Everything exported fine after a few tweaks, but the resulting .pcs is just too big.

I've tried every method listed in the tutorials for shrinking the file size. But, I feel that these methods only have high-poly models in mind, as most made the model too blocky, while barely reducing the filesize at all.

-Combining textures made the file small enough, but the resulting model was just unpleasant.
    -Segab's tutorial was helpful, but there just wasn't too many vertices I could get rid of without making the result too sharp.
    -And then I tried ProOptimize, which completely obliterated it.

I'm asking for a little advice here on how I could just trim the filesize down to an acceptable level. Here is a rar of my current progress, for those who want a better idea of what I'm working with. It would be a shame for (In my opinion) my best work to have to stop before I can even rig it.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: