Extra Character Slot

Started by ASF1nk, May 08, 2013, 08:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Kyouma on May 09, 2013, 06:39:57 PM
can this work on dolphin using gecko? I think yes, right?
i think
but can it can using dolphin without gecko but still using file patch code in a txt file
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

May 09, 2013, 06:47:44 PM #46 Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:52:13 PM by Miacis
Quote from: ds22 on May 09, 2013, 06:27:12 PM
It's still related to the codes in the OP, ergo it's on-topic.

The thread author mentionned that they had to be used at your own risk, and advised to backup your saves. And you guys have already mentionned your stuff. You said it once, no need to repeat it every single time someone says it works fine for them. That would be the definition of spammy.

I don't really care about all that PMBR secrecy jazz and whether those codes are actually faulty or not. But this topic isn't going to become another place here for PMBR members to have an argument with other hackers. So whatever the heck P:M has to do with these codes really doesn't need to be discussed here.

And in the mean time, I suggest that everyone here uses these codes with caution, and suggest that people who reported crashes with those double-check that it isn't caused by another faulty modification of the game. Or that these codes aren't different from what they believe are outdated codes.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Well it sounds like people are having a good experience with these in general, and even if saves corrupt they can easily be restored so it's not like there's any permanent damage to be caused.
It's too bad there isn't a code that could just prevent saving altogether to avoid the corruption, I mean it's not like we even need to use saved data outside of taking snapshots.
I'll definitely be giving this a shot later.

Quote from: ds22 on May 09, 2013, 01:40:18 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as "years taken" progress, there really isn't.
The only thing that influences the AI 'smarts' is the CPU level, and that's it.
And besides, this isn't the place to talk about this, so I suggest to drop the subject.
I just want to say my bit, and then I'll drop the subject.
Whenever I go to record my vids of my hacks, I always do stamina, Hearts & Tomatos & Food, 100hp for me and 300hp for the lv9 CPU. Now whenever I lose and try again, the CPU gets harder, and after say the fifth battle, the CPU is like impossible to beat. So I close Dolphin, and open it back up, and the lv9 CPU doesn't play as hard. And I'll be playing on the same stage and with the same characters and always against a lv9, only thing that'd be different in the fight besides me and the CPU would be when and where items spawn, which in this case is just food.
Now of course I know nothing about AI, so there's probably some logical explanation, but this seems to only happen to me, so my only guess is the fact that I'm using Dolphin. :-/
Anyways just wanted to throw that out there because I actually saw someone talking about AI acting differently from other people's games, but I'm dropping it now okay? I guess one way to discuss would be through PM, if you have more to say about it, to avoid filling up this thread.
On Topic: I would love to know if this will work with Dolphin since you have to use WiiSchrubber to replace the files, and the File Replacement code crashes the emulator. My guess would be no, but hey you never know.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

So I tried using the example codes in the tutorial, just to see how glitchy the experience would actually be, and I'm getting Marth's CSS slot appearing as Donkey Kong on the CSS (still loads Marth however) and the extra slot looking like Donkey Kong and causing a crash when trying to load a stage.
Is there some kind of error in the example codes? Or would other codes perhaps interfere with this? Just kinda curious to what you've combined this with since you've seemed to have a good experience so far.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on May 11, 2013, 04:30:49 AM
So I tried using the example codes in the tutorial, just to see how glitchy the experience would actually be, and I'm getting Marth's CSS slot appearing as Donkey Kong on the CSS (still loads Marth however) and the extra slot looking like Donkey Kong and causing a crash when trying to load a stage.
Is there some kind of error in the example codes? Or would other codes perhaps interfere with this? Just kinda curious to what you've combined this with since you've seemed to have a good experience so far.
Same problem on my game.

May 11, 2013, 06:48:19 AM #51 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:50:31 AM by ASF1nk
Your Codes should look like this if you're doing it for Roy.


RSBE01
Smash Bros Brawl (US)

File Patch Code v3.5.1 (NTSC-U) [Phantom Wings]
* E0000000 80008000
* 225664EC 00000000
* 0401BFE0 4858BE20
* 065A7E00 00000070
* 38A00067 38810020
* 3CE0805A 60E37C18
* 4BE52531 38A0007F
* 3883FFE8 38610020
* 4BE52521 38A00068
* 60E47C18 38610020
* 9421FF80 BC410008
* 38610088 4BA74DB9
* 7C7C1B78 2C030000
* 4082000C 38210080
* 4800001C B8410008
* 38210080 4BE524E5
* 38610008 4BA742E1
* 7C7C1B78 4BA741E8
* 040223E0 48585BC0
* 065A7FA0 00000028
* 80010044 3C608001
* 6063581C 7C001800
* 4082000C 7FDDC850
* 3BDEFFE0 93DB0008
* 4BA7A424 00000000
* 0401CD0C 4858B1F4
* 065A7F00 00000038
* 2C030000 4182000C
* 4BA7DD51 4BA74E04
* 80780008 2C030000
* 41820014 8118000C
* 7C634214 7C7B1850
* 48000008 8078000C
* 4BA74DE0 00000000
* 043EE9D8 48000014
* 043EEBD4 48000014
* 043D8B9C 48000018
* 043E9B4C 38600000
* 043E9D38 38600000
* 043D8C80 60000000
* 80000000 80406920
* 80000001 805A7C00
* 8A001001 00000000
* 045A7C10 2F525342
* 045A7C14 452F7066
* 80000001 805A7B00
* 8A001001 00000000
* 065A7B10 0000000F
* 2F525342 452F7066
* 2F736F75 6E642F00
* 041C6CE0 483E0D20
* 065A7A00 00000028
* 9421FF80 BC410008
* 3C60805A 60637B1F
* 4BE52931 B8410008
* 38210080 4BE52995
* 4BC1F2C4 00000000
* 065A7900 00000078
* 9421FF80 7C0802A6
* 9001000C BC810010
* 9421FF00 7C872378
* 54B2BA7E 7CD33378
* 38800000 9081000C
* 90810010 90610014
* 90810018 3880FFFF
* 9081001C 38610020
* 90610008 7CE43B78
* 38A00080 4BE529F5
* 38610008 4BA752A1
* 60000000 80210000
* B8810010 8001000C
* 7C0803A6 80210000
* 4E800020 00000000
* 043E399C 481C3F04
* 065A78A0 00000010
* 80BC0020 7CA59214
* 3A400000 4BE3C0F4
* 043DBAEC 481CBDE4
* 065A78D0 00000018
* 800302A4 2C130000
* 41820008 7E609B78
* 3A600000 4BE3420C
* 041CDF7C 483D9884
* 065A7800 00000098
* 818C0014 9421FF80
* BC410008 3D009034
* 61089D94 7C034000
* 4082003C 7C882378
* 3C60804D 60630000
* 3C80805A 60847B00
* 7CC53378 38C04200
* 80E40080 2C070000
* 40820014 60000000
* 480000B9 2C030000
* 41820010 B8410008
* 80210000 4BC26724
* 70A501FF 3868FFFF
* 3C80804C 6084FFFF
* 7C842A14 38A04001
* 38A5FFFF 8C040001
* 9C030001 2C050000
* 4082FFF0 B8410008
* 80210000 4BC2670C
* 141CCF90 483DA770
* 065A7700 00000048
* 9421FF80 BC410008
* 7FE3FB78 3C80805A
* 60847B00 38A00000
* 38C04000 480001E5
* 90640080 807F0008
* 907A0014 907A005C
* 907A0074 B8410008
* 80210000 807F0000
* 4BC25854 00000000
* E0000000 80008000

Extra Slot Custom CSS v2 [spunit262]
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000025
00010203 05060708
090A0B0C 0D0E1011
12131415 16171819
1A1B1F20 21222324
25262729 51000000

Independent Pokemon Engine +no wreck My Music V2 [spunit262] (11 lines)
* 06407BD0 0000000E
* 04030F0D 1E1B1F1B
* 201B211B 221B0000
* C2684964 00000007
* 881400B8 2C00003F
* 41A00028 2C03001D
* 40A20008 3860001E
* 2C03001F 40A20008
* 38600020 2C030021
* 40A20008 38600022
* 987400B8 00000000

CSS fixes for Giga and Company V2 [spunit262] (10 Lines)
* C2684940 00000002
* 9BB400B8 57BD06BE
* 2C1D001B 00000000
* 040AF8D4 546025B6
* 040AF964 546025B6
* 040AF830 546025B6
* 040AF528 546025B6
* 040AF810 546025B6
* 040AF880 546025B6
* 040AF848 546025B6

Usage Storage Engine (Dont Wreck My Music) [Dantarion]
060AF160 0000000C
3C808120 3800000B
38840B10 00000000

Usage Storage Engine Data
07200B10 00000018
110E120E 04030F0D
1D1B1F1B 211B1E1B
201B221B 32110000

Roy Instance Slot File [Dantarion]
07200A00 00000020
726F792F 46697452
6F792E70 61630000
66745F72 6F792E72
656C0000 00000000
04AD813C 81200A10
04AD7EDC 81200A00

MarioD Character Slot->Roy Instance [Dantarion]
06AD8578 00000010
00000027 FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
04455568 13321D10
044557D8 10011332

Roy has Marth's Soundbank-
4A000000 80AD89E0
1400009C 00000013
E0000000 80008000

Roy Over Cloned Marth
80000000 90180B48
80000001 90180BF8
60000003 00000000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF5100
4A001001 00000000
38000004 FF000000
10000000 00000032
100003C5 00000000
E0000000 80008000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF5100
4A001001 00000000
38000004 FF000001
10000000 00000032
100003C5 00000001
E0000000 80008000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF5100
4A001001 00000000
38000004 FF000002
10000000 00000032
100003C5 00000002
E0000000 80008000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF5100
4A001001 00000000
38000004 FF000003
10000000 00000032
100003C5 00000005
E0000000 80008000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF5100
4A001001 00000000
38000004 FF000004
10000000 00000032
100003C5 00000004
E0000000 80008000
4A001000 00000000
38000002 00FF5100
4A001001 00000000
38000004 FF000005
10000000 00000032
100003C5 00000003
E0000000 80008000
86000000 00000004
86000001 0000005C
62000000 00000000


Also make sure the files are named correctly and that you have them all.
You will need:
FitRoy.pac
FitRoy00-05.pac
FitRoy00-05.pcs
FitRoyFinal.pac
FitRoyDark.pac
FitRoySpy.pac
FitRoyMotionEtc.pac
ft_roy.rel

If you're missing any of these it will most likely freeze when the game tries to load them and can't find them.
Make sure the PSA and models you're using even work in the first place.
Also make sure you're using Marth's P&P [Assuming the PSA is based on Marth] and that you set the ID correctly on the rel.

If there were some parts of the tutorial hard to understand please say so.

And yes this does work on a maxed out CSS with alloys and ind. Pokemon, as well as on dolphin.
Skype: ASF1nk



May 11, 2013, 04:32:31 PM #52 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:18:10 PM by secretchaos1
Alright, gonna give it a try again. I figured something was buggered with the codes since Marth and Roy show up as DK CSPs on the CSS when I figured they'd both use Marth's. Anyway, I'll set those codes up again and give it another try. I'm using Thany's Decloned Roy as suggested in the tutorial, following it all exactly as is to see if it'll work before tweaking it to my own preference.

EDIT: Ok, using the set of codes you just posted the CSS is looking right now, so I'm assuming something is buggered up in one of the tutorial codes. Still getting a crash whenever I try to load a stage as Roy, I'm using the set of files with Thany's De-cloned Roy and the Marth Plug and Play Module linked in the tutorial, with its id set to 0x27 like it says to in the tutorial. Gonna try to switch around files a bit and see if I can get normal Marth to load from it using fitroy files.

EDIT x2: Now I see the problem, I didn't realize there was a difference between module ID and Character ID. You should probably make a little link to Phantomwings tutorial on how to use the plug and play modules there too, just so people have an idea of where to change the character ID since the module ID seems more obvious when first opening the file.
It's working fine now, there doesn't seem to be any glitchiness happening yet aside from the CSS having a little lag when reloading. Gonna play around with it for awhile and I'll report back if I find any issues.

May 11, 2013, 05:55:51 PM #53 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:04:20 PM by ASF1nk
Try this.

Inside the 'roy' folder just copy what's inside the 'Costumes and moveset files' folder in Decloned Roy's rar.
Copy the files as is.

Edit: Alright, I'll edit the first post.
Skype: ASF1nk



May 11, 2013, 06:19:28 PM #54 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:32:23 PM by secretchaos1
Oh sorry, I was just editing my last post here to avoid double posting. But yeah it's working fine now. Great stuff here, I'll post back if I find any issues or glitches going on.
Thanks for putting this up and helping me out with my issues!

Edit: Not sure if it's related to the P&P modules or the codes used here, but characters based on Pit cannot use their Final Smash. It just uses their base special move instead and the Final Smash never gets activated. That's the only bug I've got so far.

Which Pit PSA were you using?
Skype: ASF1nk



May 11, 2013, 09:00:27 PM #56 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:09:15 PM by secretchaos1
Tried both Goku and Waluigi, both of them can't use the final smash. It doesn't crash or anything though so it isn't a horrible bug, just inconvenient.

EDIT: oops, nevermind stupid me. I just forgot the ft_ in the module's filename, that was dumb of me. Gonna test Link out again in a bit.
EDIT 2: Yep, Link works fine too.

Aside from that though Mewtwo works just fine, probably not going to test any others for now.

May 11, 2013, 09:21:00 PM #57 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:23:05 PM by ASF1nk
Well both Goku and Wualuigi PSAs don't have a FitPitFinal.pac, so that's probably why.
I tried one PSA that does have a final.pac and it worked.

I also edited the OP to make some steps clearer.
I also added a start up set up, with GTC and module for Roy or any Marth PSA really.

And thanks for testing Link and Lucario as well. I have only tested Marth, Ike, and Pit so far.
Skype: ASF1nk



I probably should have asked this before but, do you know if this works with Riivolution?. I edited the xml just in case (adding the Roy folder and all the other things), but it doesn't seem to be read at the start of the match, because it freezes.

May 11, 2013, 10:29:04 PM #59 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:15:56 PM by secretchaos1
Ah I see what you mean there. I'm gonna try throwing in Pit's default file and see if it'll work then. Also gonna give a few other popular PSA's a shot with this when I have some time after.

Edit: Yeah, if you just include the default FitPitFinal file with any Pit PSA it'll allow it to do the final smash as usual, just tested it with Waluigi and he's working fine now.

Edit2: Got my first random crash from going between the CSS, main menu, and trying to go back into the CSS. Since I don't typically exit out of the CSS much I'm not worried about that crash, but I'll let you guys know if I start experiencing them anywhere else. I've done quite a few matches as various different psas though and I'm not getting any other issues.