Ikarus Development... Nah it's dead

Started by BlackJax96, June 01, 2013, 03:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I amy not be one of the people who payed but I would love it if you streamed your programming

hey BJ, you know... if you wanna take another attempt at getting your bitmap fonts working on my secondary, you may wanna take a few pointers from me. :)

you're still using the deprecated GL-FFP in Ikarus right?? :)

I can help you setup a basic freetype font to image system for which you can use WGL to create the display lists of textured quads. ;)
I'm doing it with SDL, though I'll be porting my code to GLFW which is less buggy.
(SDL clears the GL context on window resize (video resize event))

how sure am I that this works?
see for yourself:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

the font is converted into textures at 18pt (or 19pt, I forget which) and rescaled before drawing

lemme know if you need help, the code for this is rather simple ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Mr.ryuzaki L on January 25, 2015, 10:16:04 PM
I amy not be one of the people who payed but I would love it if you streamed your programming

Okeys: http://www.twitch.tv/blackjax0
I'll probs stream for the next 5 hours or so unless I feel like doing something else.

Hopefully it's not too boring :P

I wasn't around lost the stream gawd, but I am more tham happy yo kmow that development is growing, 2015 might aswell become a good year :D

yay for beta testing stuff <3

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 26, 2015, 02:38:08 AM
Okeys: http://www.twitch.tv/blackjax0
I'll probs stream for the next 5 hours or so unless I feel like doing something else.

Hopefully it's not too boring :P
how the [censored] did I miss a stream? >:C
Stupid Tinypic :C

What's a good time to stream? It's 11 AM here right now.

Quote from: namq on January 26, 2015, 02:25:18 PM
2015 might aswell become a good year :D

it's definitely showing a lot of promise so far

Now. :V
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


when I am here >:V really want to see progress <3
Stupid Tinypic :C


So this is like BrawlBox and PSA fused?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 01, 2015, 07:17:30 AM
That's the goal, yup.

Got it.

One question: Will this be able to replace SFX IDs?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

It will allow you to change them manually, yes. Nothing automatic though.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 01, 2015, 06:49:07 PM
It will allow you to change them manually, yes. Nothing automatic though.

Hopefully we will be able to change the KO's and whatmore.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.