Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ambitious Idea  (Read 1294 times)
Zieg87
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 09, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »

Hello there.

A few years ago i tried to get the whole hacking thing working but to no avail. a bit depressing considering the kind of things i wanted to see in brawl, recently however i got it working somewhat.

I was able to put in Toon Zelda as the model itself which was cool and worked for a few others as well. however i have recently had the issue of the CSP not appearing on the CSS which is quite annoying. the amount of times i placed it in common5 or selcharacter_en.pac and nothing happening is more than i can count. There is also a sound issue, when i pick Toon Zelda there is no sound from the normal Zelda, i heard somewhere it was to do with region, like my Wii is PAL and i guess the texture is NTSC, unsure how to fix this.

I use riivolution and i have the file replacement thing on the menu when i start it up, i was able to have the riivolution channel appear on the Wii menu itself which was cool.

I just wanted to say that small issue first in case there was a small solution, the real point of this thread is i had an idea, an idea that would most likely not work. I used brawlbox and i can't even try to act like i know what most of the files and whatnot do, however i got a CSS organizer recently and ideas just streaming in.

I open up my selcharacter_en.pac within the program and i notice alot of blank spots, I'm unsure what they mean but i hope it means space for new characters. my idea is this.

What if, i copy and paste a characters data such as Mario, his miscdata, his textures and all his other junk and make all new folders or replace the blank miscdata folders i find in the char_bust_tex_Iz77.

If i add a blank slot with the organizer and change that blank spot somehow with another face, would it load? well i am getting ahead of myself, lets say that i copy and paste Mario's data, all of it, from his name to his portraits and anything else, then replace all his textures with model type textures, as if a new character and the CSS face would be different too.

Another idea is can i copy and paste Mario, have the new Mario taken over by a PSA and can still play the original Mario? I sometimes see peoples custom CSS and i see more than one Mario head. What i would like to assume that means is, the other Mario head has different textures to the first one, meaning it holds more textures, say 10 instead of 5. I don't know how that is possible unless you make a new Mario or new texture folder, i don't think it would work out if you add more than 5 textures to Mario's misc data folder.

If none of this is possible than I'll leave it at that, if any of this was confusing or hard to understand I'll try to reword it.

Shinobu Nyan!
Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 09:56:30 PM »

As far as I know, no extra textures can be added. The CSS can hold up to 52(?) slots, replacing the blanks with portraits is possible if you use the second method. Although unless the slot is linked to a character it's just a slot. The multiple Mario heads is most likely because of the CSS code; which can make the whole CSS into one character. As for the CSP issue, if you didn't remove the _en extension it won't load.

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Zieg87
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 10:01:01 AM »

I don't know what the second method is. On the subject on CSP, they are showing up on the CSS but the problem is the one that shows up in the fight is different, i look through the brawlbox to see if the fit on that slot is right and it is. say krystal is on the 4th color slot of fox and slippy is on the 3rd, in brawlbox krystal is indeed on fitfox04, i can see the krystal's model and i don't see a way for it to be mistaken other wise.

I would guess that when i download the texture, it already as a set number such as 00, since i want to keep fox i change that number to whatever, but it seems like  the brawl disc doesn't care what i called it and stays with its original number.

I just checked, the krystal i downloaded was 03, right now slippy is in that slot, i pick slippy and its wolf, is there a step i'm missing? i know that 00 is the default color and it remains unchanged, i change every other CSP and set the fit files according to the CSP and brawlbox can see that the fit files are in the right place.

I use riivolution and the only thing on the menu before going to the game is file replacement. I might change to gecko OS if this keeps happening but to be honest i changed to riivolution so i don't mess around with codes, although codes are the only way some textures work..

Tryst
    Expert Kitten

I'd like to stay but I gotta juice!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »

You can't have  a color have a different moveset as the main.
    As for the muliple character thing I don't have a clue but I think it'd be aweome and It could be possible considering the Stage Expansion worked. I don't know but It would be really awesome.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: