Super Smash Bros. All Stars (Teaser: Lucas, Popo & Nana)

Started by Amarythe, July 26, 2013, 11:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: StupidMetroid on August 01, 2013, 07:49:19 AM
Any chance of a True Samus any time soon? Just wondering...

Nintendo I think did the worst possible job on Samus, it's a complete utter disappointment what they did to her moveset, in fact so much is off putting about her that I think a hack such as this, seeing as it has not already been made will take a very very long time to create. Her armcannon mostly obviously and the power that her missiles are given, along with her speed and everything else. I have been disappointed with Nintendo about this since Smash64 And they did nothing to fix this in Smash 4.

I believe a True Samus hack would be legendary, I hope to see one sometime in the future as well. I love what you're doing with this Amarythe, it is exactly what I want out of the game and honestly what the game should be. Amazing work going into this I hope everyone appreciates it as much as I do, also Toon Link is looking slick.


August 01, 2013, 12:30:40 PM #62 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:57:39 PM by Amarythe
QuoteRoy, too?! ...I don't even know what to say... Other than OMFGIFREAKINGLOVEYOU.
+1 Love

Quote"Tokiomi! Give this guy a gold bar!"
Bah, I'll reward you myself :
+1 Gold

QuoteAny chance of a True Samus any time soon? Just wondering...
QuoteNintendo I think did the worst possible job on Samus, it's a complete utter disappointment what they did to her moveset, in fact so much is off putting about her that I think a hack such as this, seeing as it has not already been made will take a very very long time to create. Her armcannon mostly obviously and the power that her missiles are given, along with her speed and everything else. I have been disappointed with Nintendo about this since Smash64 And they did nothing to fix this in Smash 4.

I believe a True Samus hack would be legendary, I hope to see one sometime in the future as well. I love what you're doing with this Amarythe, it is exactly what I want out of the game and honestly what the game should be. Amazing work going into this I hope everyone appreciates it as much as I do, also Toon Link is looking slick.
Aaaaah! Yes, Samus is one of the MAIN characters I hope to change. Her main feature, like SilverFire suggested, is DEFINITELY going to be her arm cannon. No more standing around charging like a moron. You're going to get rapid fire capabilities, movement, AND a charge option. I've got some reeeeeeal nice goodies in store for Samus.

BUT there is a problem. You see... I use Project M. Aaaaand... they don't have her released yet. So In order to test her, what I have to do is take Standard Brawl, update it's codeset and all the .pac files so I'm basically playing PM, and THEN hack her so I can reference her with everyone else.

QuoteImpressive and effective work

nuff said
Damn, you guys really like this stuff. Niiiiiice.
...Who am I kidding, I love it too. Honestly this is how Smash Bros should be. Seriously, I wasted SO much time yesterday just playing as Toon Link rather than editing him because the PSA was so damn fun. xD

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

It does not work with the pal version of Brawl :(

Quote from: Th3NemesisLP on August 01, 2013, 01:50:16 PM
It does not work with the pal version of Brawl :(
It works, but it has no sounds, right? Because it works on my PAL Brawl...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Hey, I love what you have been doing with the "true" series. I was wondering, Are you going to be making one of these for every character? That would be really awesome. Just a small probably dumb reccemendation is that I think it'd be cool if you made luigi, instead of being a mario clone, more of a luigi's mansion character? I mean I know that'd be suuuuper difficult but, jsut a suggestion.

Unfortunately, I know virtually nothing about PAL versions or how to translate these hacks into them. But Akeno says they work...?

And thanks Tryst! Well, nearly every character will be receiving a true hack. Only about half of the cast will see changes as extensive as what you've seen here. The fact of the matter is, the True series is mainly focusing on content seen in games that wasn't featured in Smash. Certain characters of the game's cast will only receive aesthetic changes... Certain characters will have very limited changes. A handful of the cast may even see no changes.

Although one of the focuses of the True series is to de-clone certain characters, Luigi may actually end up being closer to Mario than before. Unfortunately, I know nothing about Luigi's Mansion... could you fill me in on some of the things he does in that game you'd like to see?

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Actually, there's tons of stuff you can use from his games you can use to decloned Luigi. Luigi's Mansion has the Poltergust- basically a giant vacuum used to suck up ghosts and objects,  that can also launch elemental attacks (fire, ice, and water). You can also ride on the Poltergust. He also has a flashlight used to stun ghosts. He also has the ability Thunderhand in another game. http://www.mariowiki.com/Thunderhand
Also, he can slow his fall, and also jump high while in the air, by kicking his legs a lot, which could function as an up B recovery.
And speaking of decloning, I'm curious as to why you made so many of the same changes to Tink as you did to Link. It's not a complaint, seeing as their stats alone can differentiate them a lot, but it seems to me there're plenty of moves from their games to further declone them rather than cloning them more. TP/SS Shield Bash as Link's FTilt/FSmash, Skull Hammer for Tink's FSmash, Deku Leaf as a recovery move, etc.  I know they're similar in game, but it feels there's some lost opportunity.
Btw, Links new DSmash is scary. While the un-DSmash-like animation keeps on bothering my OCD, I find myself using it a ton with its decent speed, high knockback, and super low angle. It's my main finisher. Props for that.

Quote from: This Is A Username on August 01, 2013, 06:06:01 PM
Actually, there's tons of stuff you can use from his games you can use to decloned Luigi. Luigi's Mansion has the Poltergust- basically a giant vacuum used to suck up ghosts and objects,  that can also launch elemental attacks (fire, ice, and water). You can also ride on the Poltergust. He also has a flashlight used to stun ghosts. He also has the ability Thunderhand in another game. http://www.mariowiki.com/Thunderhand
Also, he can slow his fall, and also jump high while in the air, by kicking his legs a lot, which could function as an up B recovery.
And speaking of decloning, I'm curious as to why you made so many of the same changes to Tink as you did to Link. It's not a complaint, seeing as their stats alone can differentiate them a lot, but it seems to me there're plenty of moves from their games to further declone them rather than cloning them more. TP/SS Shield Bash as Link's FTilt/FSmash, Skull Hammer for Tink's FSmash, Deku Leaf as a recovery move, etc.  I know they're similar in game, but it feels there's some lost opportunity.
Btw, Links new DSmash is scary. While the un-DSmash-like animation keeps on bothering my OCD, I find myself using it a ton with its decent speed, high knockback, and super low angle. It's my main finisher. Props for that.
Luigi's vacuum would be very hard to implement. It would be awesome, but really hard.
If I could change his dash to riding the Poltergeist, I probably would. As it stands I don't think that's possible.
When I give Luigi the Thunderhand (nice call) I'll be giving Mario his fire element equivalent. :/
The leg kicking thing is already planned, but not as an Up B.
I'm afraid the plumber brothers are just too similar. The hack wouldn't be "True" if I chose different moves over "True" moves. As a way to counteract this, I plan on exaggerating the differences in their ATTRIBUTES rather than their attacks.

Many of the changes in Toon Link are the same as Link's attacks because... in the games they do the same things. And in any case, you've an attack or three that IS different, so what you're getting right now is better than Brawl.
To be fair I gave some VERY serious consideration to the Shield Bash as his Ftilt, in fact it's VERY likely that it will appear there in a future update. TECHNICALLY Toon Link's Ftilt is the stab from LoZ while Link's Ftilt is the stab from ZII:AoL... but the difference in animation is extremely subtle so no one will really notice. That, and the Shield Bash would be cooler because it has a dizzy effect. BUT that could lead to serious balancing issues. Toon Link will NOT see his skull hammer (or possibly his Deku Leaf) because I have no experience importing models; but more importantly the skull hammer isn't nearly as iconic as the Jump Attack, and Iconic moves will DEFINITELY take precedence over different moves in this hack series. The Deku Leaf, if at all, would appear as a glide option similar to Peach's float jump. As it is with Mario and Luigi, I'll try my hardest to stress the dfferences in their ATTRIBUTES.

...You think the spin attack animation doesn't look like a Down Smash? loloollololololololol
But jokes aside right now the move is VERY cheap, it has waaaaay too much power right now. But yeah, I purposely intended for it to be Link's primary finishing move. ;)

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

August 01, 2013, 09:14:43 PM #69 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:17:40 PM by Tryst
Well I am sorry if I completely overload your thread and all but just some things I think you might be able to do to differentiate between them.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think that could definitely be used while "Sucking Up" enemy's and if you let go of the button between certain intervals it adds different amounts of percentage. It also has a flashlight that after being charged up (he moves slower while charging up) flashes and stuns enemies for a second or two. One more thing it can do is called the "Darklight" and it, in game reveals things that are not able to be seen or something. I'm not really sure how this could be used though.
In Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga Luigi can use his Thunderhand ability to electrocute enemies. That would be a cool Charge Attack.
In Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story One of the Bros moves luigi eats a lot of food and grows super fat and gets launched and lands on the enemys and do massive damage. I was thinking this could make a great Final Smash if you could make those.

[EDIT:] This was written before I saw the post above. Sorry... Oh well. Also How do I get Toon Links running A to work? for me his feet just move fast in place. Nothing else happens?

Don't worry 'bout "overloading" the thread, haha. It's fine.

I don't see why your PSA would be functioning any different from anybody elses... Unless someone else can confirm that Link's Pegasus Boots are indeed glitching out. Mine works fine.

I think the problem is this; you can interrupt the Pegasus Boots with literally any action. Are you fussing around with the Joystick or anything?

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

August 01, 2013, 10:50:11 PM #71 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:51:57 PM by This Is A Username
Quote from: Amarythe on August 01, 2013, 08:30:09 PM
Luigi's vacuum would be very hard to implement. It would be awesome, but really hard.
If I could change his dash to riding the Poltergeist, I probably would. As it stands I don't think that's possible.
When I give Luigi the Thunderhand (nice call) I'll be giving Mario his fire element equivalent. :/
The leg kicking thing is already planned, but not as an Up B.
I'm afraid the plumber brothers are just too similar. The hack wouldn't be "True" if I chose different moves over "True" moves. As a way to counteract this, I plan on exaggerating the differences in their ATTRIBUTES rather than their attacks.

Many of the changes in Toon Link are the same as Link's attacks because... in the games they do the same things. And in any case, you've an attack or three that IS different, so what you're getting right now is better than Brawl.
To be fair I gave some VERY serious consideration to the Shield Bash as his Ftilt, in fact it's VERY likely that it will appear there in a future update. TECHNICALLY Toon Link's Ftilt is the stab from LoZ while Link's Ftilt is the stab from ZII:AoL... but the difference in animation is extremely subtle so no one will really notice. That, and the Shield Bash would be cooler because it has a dizzy effect. BUT that could lead to serious balancing issues. Toon Link will NOT see his skull hammer (or possibly his Deku Leaf) because I have no experience importing models; but more importantly the skull hammer isn't nearly as iconic as the Jump Attack, and Iconic moves will DEFINITELY take precedence over different moves in this hack series. The Deku Leaf, if at all, would appear as a glide option similar to Peach's float jump. As it is with Mario and Luigi, I'll try my hardest to stress the dfferences in their ATTRIBUTES.

...You think the spin attack animation doesn't look like a Down Smash? loloollololololololol
But jokes aside right now the move is VERY cheap, it has waaaaay too much power right now. But yeah, I purposely intended for it to be Link's primary finishing move. ;)
Sucks on the vacuum, hammer, and Deku Leaf difficulties. Deku leaf as a glide or float like thing would be cool if possible, but no pressure. And damn, didn't know Mario had a fiery version of Thunderhand. Shield Bash sounds great, and I hope you figure out a way to include it in a balanced way.  Is it possible to change how long the enemy is dizzied to a somewhat short amount for combos, or to just give the Shield Bash a lot of extra shield damage/stun as a shield pressure tool?
And yeah, I know my gripe with DSmash is pretty silly. It just seems like all the DSmashes in Smash all have animations that specifically hit downward, while this one just seems to hit on both sides without particularly focusing on the ground, even if the hitboxes do cover there. Doesn't matter though at all. Since you're planning to remove Spin Attack ^B, are you going to port that animation to DSmash or continue with the current one? The Up B one seems much more like how the Spin Attack looks ingame.
Sorry if I'm peppering you with too much questions lol and distracting you from actually working on it.

August 02, 2013, 12:21:59 AM #72 Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:24:55 AM by Amarythe
Quote from: This Is A Username on August 01, 2013, 10:50:11 PM
Sucks on the vacuum, hammer, and Deku Leaf difficulties.
I'd love to implement the vaccuum as Luigi's new grab, I'll see what I can cook up. Don't expect it though.

Quote from: This Is A Username on August 01, 2013, 10:50:11 PM
Is it possible to change how long the enemy is dizzied to a somewhat short amount for combos, or to just give the Shield Bash a lot of extra shield damage/stun as a shield pressure tool?
I could actually just change the hitstun, in fact that would be a better idea because I want to give it reflector properties and otherwise I'd have to choose between stun and reflect.

Quote from: This Is A Username on August 01, 2013, 10:50:11 PM
And yeah, I know my gripe with DSmash is pretty silly. It just seems like all the DSmashes in Smash all have animations that specifically hit downward, while this one just seems to hit on both sides without particularly focusing on the ground, even if the hitboxes do cover there.
The only function a Down Smash is required to have is that it covers both sides of you. Aside from Zero Suit Samus and Lucas, but let's face it, the fact that they only hit on one side is just stupid. Donkey Kong's Down Smash has high hitboxes, and CF and Ganondorf actually both hit around the same angle as Link's new Down Smash. Both sides > low hitbox

Quote from: This Is A Username on August 01, 2013, 10:50:11 PM
Since you're planning to remove Spin Attack ^B, are you going to port that animation to DSmash or continue with the current one? The Up B one seems much more like how the Spin Attack looks ingame.
Ew, no way I'm gonna do that. I changed the animation specifically BECAUSE Link's Up B looks literally NOTHING like the Spin Attack from any Zelda game ever. In the games, he spins once and that's it. In Brawl, he spins and spins and spins and spin and spins and it just stupid.

Think about this for a second: Have you ever wondered why Link's Up B looks nothing like his traditional spin attack? It's because Sakurai needed it to look that way in order for it to make sense as an Up B. He decided this before tether recoveries were a thing, and kept it that way even after tether recoveries showed up because for some reason he's waaaaay too afraid to change the original cast in the ways they truly should be (hence the whole point of the True series).

But, one last thing. By the final version, Link will, provided you charge the attack fully, spin around THREE times instead of one, Like he does in Ocarina of Time. Expect a fire effect as well.

Quote from: This Is A Username on August 01, 2013, 10:50:11 PM
Sorry if I'm peppering you with too much questions lol and distracting you from actually working on it.
No no, it's perfectly fine. Any commentary is good, it helps me generate ideas.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

August 02, 2013, 12:34:24 AM #73 Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:35:34 AM by Akeno-sempai
This hammer is something that TLink should've use... In case you need it...Why did Sakurai forgot this wonderful hammer?!
Btw, I didn't test it yet with TLink, but... on TLink and Link True PSAs, why not put the F Air as a D Air? Because with the fall, it makes more sense... Just my opinion though...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Akeno-sempai on August 02, 2013, 12:34:24 AM
Btw, I didn't test it yet with TLink, but... on TLink and Link True PSAs, why not put the F Air as a D Air? Because with the fall, it makes more sense... Just my opinion though...
...Because then he wouldn't have his Down Air, which is a move that stays true to his games!

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles