Mortimer's Thread - Wandering

Started by Mortimer, July 29, 2013, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?

Yeah, sure.  
18 (81.8%)
I would give a try.
3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting.
0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected.
1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

What is that? Looks like something that could fit in Resident Evil or Silent Hill.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on February 22, 2015, 08:06:44 PM
mustache physics?

No physics, just animation. I wish I could say I will animate it in all animations, but that's not gonna happen. It's annoying. And boring. And take way too long.


Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 22, 2015, 08:07:00 PM
What is that? Looks like something that could fit in Resident Evil or Silent Hill.

Quote from: Gamidame_K on January 03, 2015, 05:49:07 PM
it looks like something you would see in silent hill :o

:police: Yea, it's from RE, though it looks like a mix between monsters of both games. It's called Guardian of Insanity and/or Blob, you can find it by both names. Don't know why because I didn't play the game it appears.

Quick question: if you are making a resident evil character, why not Nemesis? There is already a nemesis import on the vault, I'm sure you would be allowed to use that if you wanted to make a Nemesis psa :)
You Never Know!

The fact the model is already here doesn't really help to decide for it.  It make things worse, actually. Models rigged over a skeleton of an original character never have the same rig quality of one with a custom skeleton. You surely save a lot of work, but it's not a good idea. Not when you have a choice, at least.

I've also developed this one too much now to change it. The main point of taking this one was because it really looks like a demon from Silent Hill, what can allow me to do some more demonic stuff that won't fit if made by Nemesis. I still like Nemesis, however. Maybe I can do him in the future, just won't promise that because I really want to do that and not force me to do.


Ah I see. Well, that was a really good explanation for me, I feel I know more now :D
You Never Know!

Hey all. Once again I didn't want to take this long to release this turtle. I've played with this for like 3 hours trying to find bugs, but I didn't find any. Though I don't consider that enough time of testing, I don't want to take much longer here. My testing process is being really slow, and I'm learning how to use SFM to make my intros/endings, what is consuming a good chunk of my free time.

I've got three main concerns here:
1) Some transitions between aerial stuff and the aerial fall are not good, because I thought the InTransition time could fix that, but for some reason if makes Koopa get into the t-pose during the fall animation if I do that. So it will take some time for me to fix it.
-
2) When I applied the metal materials, the wings, for some reason, turn red. I still didn't figure out why that happens.
-
3) Aerros tested the psa for me, and according to him, he managed to start the final smash once when near a ledge by pressing random buttons. He couldn't reproduce the bug again, and neither did I.


Aside from that, I still need to make the entry animation and I'm done with this. If I get too long to solve those things, I'll release it anyway. The bugs don't really mess with the gameplay, except for the fs thing, but it's a thing that seems so hard to happen that makes also hard for a single person to find it out.


How do you use the alternate attacks like the bullet bill barrage or the banzai bill is it a certain amount of percent of damage or one of the taunts that alternate the move set?

That again... I always forget of warning about in the descriptions, sorry.
They just happen. I named them in the first page so you know what can happen when you perform that attack. Neither taunts or health have anything to do with it.


Well, apparently it's not crashing, so it's a relief already. And I just realized I didn't say here I released it.  :P
I'm saying now then. I released Koopa yesterday.

I once said here I had made some changes to the psa I noticed could be useful. This is what I made:
-During the Neutral B charge, you can move Koopa around a little.
-You can choose how you want to move with the Neutral B, if grounded or with a small jump, depending of which button you press. If you jump, you may fall off ledges and the distance you travel is shorter.
-You have a minor degree of control during the Mortar Bill thing. It makes a bit easier to aim.



Also, some things that I should mention here for the sake of balancing.
Aerros mentioned two things that are true:
-Mortar Bill has a very long range. I didn't change it because it's a pretty powerful attack, but also hard to hit, and easy to self-destruct.
-Air Up-b may take too long to finish. But Koopa's jumps are not very good, what can force you to use this often. By using it, you will either be hit you end up into special fall, what will let you helpless for a good time.

Besides that, one more thing I find important:
-Koopa has even lower traction than Luigi. I made that on purpose to make something different, so that's a thing I'm not adjusting. I want it to be balanced with this feature included.

That's what I remember right now and are the things I'd like people to think about when playing with it. I'll post more if I find anything else more serious.

Call me dim, but I'm not quite sure how to install the Koopa Troopa psa. The reason is because it's over Jigglypuff, and Jigglypuff's green team costume requires a specific model, or else the game freezes. The Koopa psa doesn't seem to have the green team costume, so I'm confused.

I don't see how that changes anything about how to use it. Yes, I didn't make a recolor for the green slot because I didn't want to restrict a recolor for a single slot, though I totally forgot hat would prevent team battles with the green team and may also crash the game if the CPU chooses that one.
Thinking now, it was a bad idea. Guess I gotta fix it.

But the other recolors should work fine, as long as you don't rename any of them to occupy the green slot.

I really like your Koopa Troopa Psa, back then i was thinking of making a hammer bro Psa. But, i stopped due to hack making inexperience. Also, it seems whenever the ai uses the side taunt, or whenever i mash the side taunt button, the game crashes.

Making psas requires a ridiculously massive knowledge for something that should be a hobby. I advice you that you'll lose months working on it before it's finished, if you want it to be decent. So only do it if you have a lot of patience for trial and error stuff.

Thanks for telling me about the bug. I actually noticed it yesterday while playing but didn't notice it was caused by the taunt. It's not related to mash the buttons, but that's not important. Unless it's something else :P
Well, at least I corrected this one. You can download it again in next 10 mins and it should be fine.  :) I hope.