Mortimer's Thread - Wandering

Started by Mortimer, July 29, 2013, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What do you think about this Koopa psa? Should I release it?

Yeah, sure.  
18 (81.8%)
I would give a try.
3 (13.6%)
The psa seems decent, but the character is not that interesting.
0 (0%)
I like the character, but the psa is not what I expected.
1 (4.5%)
No, I definitely don't care about this character neither any psa related to it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

I see. So it seems like my eyes deceived me. :>.>:

Though an unrelated question. I know you stated that you don't intend on releasing your Final Smashes, but would you consider at least showing your coding to a select few? As you've got some great ideas, and in the right hands, such things would be great for certain characters. I really wouldn't want so much potential to go unused.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 28, 2014, 06:05:49 AM
I see. So it seems like my eyes deceived me. :>.>:

Though an unrelated question. I know you stated that you don't intend on releasing your Final Smashes, but would you consider at least showing your coding to a select few? As you've got some great ideas, and in the right hands, such things would be great for certain characters. I really wouldn't want so much potential to go unused.
This^
But yeah that made me think it was an article for a sec
Also yeah it took me around an hour just to post :P

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on November 28, 2014, 06:05:49 AM
I see. So it seems like my eyes deceived me. :>.>:

Though an unrelated question. I know you stated that you don't intend on releasing your Final Smashes, but would you consider at least showing your coding to a select few? As you've got some great ideas, and in the right hands, such things would be great for certain characters. I really wouldn't want so much potential to go unused.

I don't, but I don't intend to not release them either. Most of the critics happened because people don't read what I say and keep accusing me of have ruined brawl with such long and overpowered final smashes. That would be true if I ever intended to release them the way they are on the videos. So, I explained everything again a few times on the third part, and if I get some positive feedback this time, I may release them.

Still, the coding I made for most of them is a mess:

Set Loop XX Times
   If Button Press: 0
      Or Compare: LA-Float[234] <= 5
      Bit Variable Set: LA-Bit[238] = true
      Float Variable Set: LA-Float[232] = 573
      Bit Variable Clear: LA-Bit[236] = false
      Frame Speed Modifier: Multiplier=1x
      Set Loop 15 Times
         Float Variable Set: LA-Float[239] = 4
      Execute Loop:
      Set Air/Ground: Undefined(17)
      Set Edge Slide: 0-2,
      Set Loop 58 Times
         Float Variable Add: LA-Float[232] + 1
         Synchronous Timer: frames=1
      Execute Loop:
      Set Air/Ground: On Ground
      Set Edge Slide: 0-1,
      Float Variable Set: LA-Float[235] = 0
      Frame Speed Modifier: Multiplier=1x
      Float Variable Set: LA-Float[232] = 208
      Bit Variable Clear: LA-Bit[238] = false
   End If:
   Synchronous Timer: frames=1
Execute Loop:

This is what makes REX jump, basically. It's hardly a tenth of the full coding, but it's all like this.

Guys, I'd like some opinions here. I want to know if I should keep the intent of releasing this. I know it's a too generic character, so I'm not blaming anyone if it's not attractive or whatever. The main purpose of this is because if it's really not that interesting, I won't have to look for testers neither try to balance it for everyone and make recolors that soon and stuff.
This psa also still need a lot of testing before I can release it, and the testing process is going ridiculously slow. If I don't release it, I also won't have to worry about that.

I made a poll just in case you don't want to say anything. Keep in mind I won't give up the psa regardless of the results. I also won't set time for the poll. I'll let it open until I'm satisfied.

This is not meant to have any influence on anyone. I just want some honest answers.

I'd personally want to see a video/screen shots.
But all in all, I don't see why I shouldn't give it a try.

Given the ammount of PSAs released in the past few months (which is like... 3 or 4), a new one would be cool to see. EVEN if it's not a character that great.
So yeah, if you release it, I would use it.
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

If I have two dinosaur PSAs that have over 900 and over 5,000 downloads, then chances are people wouldn't mind having a PSA of a Koopa Troopa.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ on December 03, 2014, 04:39:24 PM
I'd personally want to see a video/screen shots.
But all in all, I don't see why I shouldn't give it a try.

I posted screenshots of the whole psa 3 weeks ago, and the video last week too.



Quote from: Archer(AkenoS3) on December 03, 2014, 05:03:48 PM
Given the ammount of PSAs released in the past few months (which is like... 3 or 4), a new one would be cool to see. EVEN if it's not a character that great.
So yeah, if you release it, I would use it.

The demand for quality in psas have been growing recently. It's no wonder why they are taking longer to come out.


Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 03, 2014, 05:31:29 PM
If I have two dinosaur PSAs that have over 900 and over 5,000 downloads, then chances are people wouldn't mind having a PSA of a Koopa Troopa.

I see what you mean. Though I think your psas really got people off-guard by that time, they were indeed surprising. I hardly see hacks get that many downloads nowadays. Maybe Megaman was the last one I saw, and just happened because of the new smash bros.



I'm not really aiming for thousands of downloads because I know that won't happen. If some people are willing to try, that's enough for me.  :) Just wanted to be sure I'm not wasting work, and your posts helped me a little. So, thanks.

December 05, 2014, 09:30:50 PM #173 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:07:10 PM by highonphazon
Quote from: Mortimer on November 28, 2014, 06:29:22 PM
I don't, but I don't intend to not release them either. Most of the critics happened because people don't read what I say and keep accusing me of have ruined brawl with such long and overpowered final smashes. That would be true if I ever intended to release them the way they are on the videos. So, I explained everything again a few times on the third part, and if I get some positive feedback this time, I may release them.

Man who care what people say. It's your project, go with what you want!

That note aside, I like how dark your PSA's are, especially Baphomet. You have a unique "artisitic" vision.


Quote from: highonphazon on December 05, 2014, 09:30:50 PM
Man who care what people say. It's your project, go with what you want!

That note aside, I like how dark your PSA's are, especially Baphomet. You have a unique "artisitic" vision.



Of course.  I didn't stop making them because of that. But those things I said are just one of the things people do. They also say I'm trying to fake the new smash bros because they don't even read the title properly. They already insulted me of everything you can imaginate, called me autistic and worse.  Those stupid people don't make me depressed or something like that, but their ignorance are the most annoying thing for me. I feel like they don't deserve anything, and I know that releasing those things may benefit them once they realize the final smashes are not as powerful as they seem to be on the videos.
On the other hand, fortunately, most people understand that. This is a balance that have been disturbing me for some time, and usually just thinking about it make me lose any motivation to adjust all of these fss. I already said once, I don't like promising things I won't release, but I can't control my motivation for this. That's the main reason I made the current poll, I didn't want to happen with Koopa what happened with the final smashes.  :P

Thanksfor the compliments.  :) I still want to make another demonic psa because of the limitations I had with Baphomet's lack of FS file. I hope it won't take me too long to decide what I'm gonna do.

This whole thing looks great. I watched the Koopa video and I have Baphomet and Dry Bones on my wii right now. You're doing a good job making quality PSAs. I wish I could do that :/
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ


this may sound derp but, how do you use the alt attacks in baphomet PSAs?
actually, I would be more interested to see another evil PSA like baphomet and the others instead of dry bones

The alternate attacks are random.
Someties you smash and they come out normal, then you smash sometime and they come out as a weird demonic thing from hell.
Not dissing, Big M. I'm giving a compliment. I always felt a certain embrace in the dark pits of eternal loneleyness and regret.

Quote from: 99Lives on December 25, 2014, 06:53:34 AM
This whole thing looks great. I watched the Koopa video and I have Baphomet and Dry Bones on my wii right now. You're doing a good job making quality PSAs. I wish I could do that :/

Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I've been a bit away from here.
You can do it as long as you have patience. Mostly with animations. Main problem is the time you need to make a whole psa and unfortunately some people give up before it's finished.


Quote from: Gamidame_K on December 30, 2014, 11:33:47 PM
this may sound derp but, how do you use the alt attacks in baphomet PSAs?
actually, I would be more interested to see another evil PSA like baphomet and the others instead of dry bones

I warn you that some people had freezes with Ganon's punch on the side smash attack. I don't know why. It freezes for some people, but doesn't freeze for others, like me. If you got it recently, you don't have to worry about it because I removed the chances of it happening to prevent that bug.
I wanted to make another evil psa like you said, mainly because dedede ruined my ideas in some ways, but I didn't find any interesting demonic model or something related to that. Until recently.
I hope you mentioned dry bones because of its similarities with koopa.  :P


Quote from: Ҩᴜᴇᴇɴ on December 31, 2014, 01:56:39 AM
The alternate attacks are random.
Someties you smash and they come out normal, then you smash sometime and they come out as a weird demonic thing from hell.
Not dissing, Big M. I'm giving a compliment. I always felt a certain embrace in the dark pits of eternal loneleyness and regret.

If that's not making you sick, that's fine. Some people that can't see some blood already wanted me dead because of this psa.  ;D Well, we can't please everyone.