Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 49
Author Topic: Project Mirage [The Project M-inspired recolor thread] (UPDATED: 27/02/2014)  (Read 233572 times)
PK-Thunder
Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #255 on: August 26, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »

I think the original FD is better for project mirage. and change the background.

Most people should keep in mind these are Recolors not Retexutres.
    A Retexture is a complete replacement or heavily altering the models natural texture.
    (I.E: Putting logos, patterns, words, etc  on the texture.)
    A good example of a Retexture is the Diddy Kong and the Foxes and the aforementioned Squirtle.

I only retextured the first purple and black fox.
    the white and purple came from the white and blue foxes' fusion.
    the purple and white came from the same fusion reversed.
    (kind of like the difference between vegito and gogeta)

Post Merge: August 26, 2013, 12:49:59 PM
    oh and btw, fox was my first ever recolor. I think I've gotten better with time.
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:49:59 PM by RedGamer » Logged

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #256 on: August 26, 2013, 02:06:01 PM »

I might re-do my Luigi and Toon Link based on the feedback on the thread, the only real reason why I did so much to the original textures is because recoloring characters is sometimes way too simple for me to do. So I said "hey, if we're slapping the PM logo on these I might as well challenge myself a bit to add some designs to this."
    Let me know soon if you plan to re-do them or not. I'm actually in the process of making CSP's for the project since many people avoid doing those.

bloop
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #257 on: August 26, 2013, 03:21:56 PM »

Let me know soon if you plan to re-do them or not. I'm actually in the process of making CSP's for the project since many people avoid doing those.
    Ty   Azn

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #258 on: August 26, 2013, 03:25:14 PM »

I think the original FD is better for project mirage. and change the background.

Thanks for the feedback! I personally believed that I wasn't gonna receive any, I'll delete this mirage tomorrow, since I personally was not satisfied at all with the results... and I'm quite embarrassed of myself of making this abomination. (yes, this is my least favorite hack) and now that it was pointed out that I do not need to plaster the pm textures on the stage, this will be less limited.

However, I received permission to recolor one of Xenozoa425's final destinations into a dark purple. I believe a dark purple sky mixed with the original FD colors and patterns is good enough, and unlike before, I'm going to devote time on this stage, extracting the Zelda colors as base and, for the first time, I'll use Photoshop. I really would like  bit more feedback next time :\

NoFun
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #259 on: August 26, 2013, 03:29:30 PM »

So more previews:

More Sheik!

ZSS:

Alt:

I tried making something a bit different this time using lighter colors:

Based on the feedback on this thread I might redo some of my stuff, mainly Link and Sonic.
    I'll try to make them more "Brawl-like".

When they are done I'll update the submissions.
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:48:16 PM by NoFun » Logged

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2013, 03:46:14 PM »

Based on the feedback on this thread I might redo some of my stuff, mainly Link and Sonic.
    I'll try to make them more "Brawl-like".

When they are done I'll update the submissions.
    Please don't change the purple Link lol I already did the CSP for him and got it down to the point. Took me about two hours or so to finish. He's actually fine if I do say so myself.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »

I don't feel like contrubiting because once I start... feel like ill be needing to do the whole entire cast. -_-
    But what happened to nofun? He was doing a really good job actually.

I'm not sure if this comment was meant to be offensive to everyone else except NoFun or an honest opinion of yourself apparently knowing how to texture every character to fit a PM theme perfectly.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #262 on: August 26, 2013, 03:59:32 PM »

chill dude, he just worded it badly is all. Grin

I can understand what he means, though. Once you start retexturing, it's kind of hard to stop. I've gotten costume happy and now I'm making costumes for every P:M player in my city!

Axelu
    Advanced Kitten

Nothing, is impossible...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #263 on: August 26, 2013, 04:16:53 PM »

Ok I'm back, I'm sorry I took so long, now I just need someone to help me fix the gloves colors, the dress' details and add the M on it so it looks cool 'cause I just can't get it right, What do you guys think of it now ? I really hope I'm doing it right
    So, if anyone helps me get the details right, I'll be very happy and hopefully I will release it today!

I've been making mods for more than 4 years and I still can't make anything that's worth the time.

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

« Reply #264 on: August 26, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »

This improvement was great, I really like what you've done here!

bloop
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #265 on: August 26, 2013, 06:20:43 PM »

I'm not sure if this comment was meant to be offensive to everyone else except NoFun or an honest opinion of yourself apparently knowing how to texture every character to fit a PM theme perfectly.
    Honest opinion, sry if it seems offensive.

PK-Thunder
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #266 on: August 26, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »

Ok I'm back, I'm sorry I took so long, now I just need someone to help me fix the gloves colors, the dress' details and add the M on it so it looks cool 'cause I just can't get it right, What do you guys think of it now ? I really hope I'm doing it right
    So, if anyone helps me get the details right, I'll be very happy and hopefully I will release it today!

I think the original hair would work better though.
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:23:15 PM by RedGamer » Logged

Xenozoa425
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #267 on: August 26, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »

NoFun's on a roll guys.

I would personally add a bit of yellow into Sheik so that she doesn't get overpowered with white, black and purple. For ZSS, the first one looks really good, but the cyan for the symbols on her hand, breast, and back kinda throws it off imo.. unless you're trying to go for a pseudo-Gravity Suit vibe, in which case it'll work. Again, I'd go with yellow or maybe orange, but that's just me and is entirely up to you.
    « Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:06:23 PM by Xenozoa425 » Logged

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #268 on: August 26, 2013, 09:55:07 PM »

Hello. Pardon the intrusion. I'm quietly watching this thread as the whole Mirage theme is working its way into the vault, and I like what's going on here.

I love that dress. The patterns show up beautifully.

But from the waist up, the contrasting colors look really gaudy. The white could probably work if it wasn't right next to black so much. Perhaps the black on the blouse and the gloves could be a lighter grey or purple? I'm not quite sure what will work, but the harsh black/white contrast above the beautifully blended dress doesn't seem to work well together, in my opinion.

Also perhaps have that central jewel on her crown stand out more with a lighter color. It kinda just fades into the metal there and doesn't catch the eye like jewelry, well, should.

I'm rather indifferent on the hair, though if you made the hair black, you could work lighter colors into the bust while having something to tie in the the black of the dress's hip fabric.

It's almost there, though. Keep it up.

And yes, NoFun, your work is fantastic.

Axelu
    Advanced Kitten

Nothing, is impossible...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #269 on: August 26, 2013, 10:24:33 PM »

Danke!
    I appreciate feedback, I'll give it a try for alternative textures, one with normal blonde hair and more purple on her dress with full gray gloves and colorful jewels on her crown, and one with black hair more blue on her dress 'n stuff and the black gloves with white palms, someone said something about it, and I thought it was an amazing idea, also the one with gray gloves will have fingerless gloves, just for the lulz

I've been making mods for more than 4 years and I still can't make anything that's worth the time.

Pages:  1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 49
    Print
    Jump to: