Project Mirage [The Project M-inspired recolor thread] (UPDATED: 27/02/2014)

Started by UmbraVivens, August 05, 2013, 07:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xenozoa425 on September 23, 2013, 05:47:44 PM
Ugh now I'm starting to feel dissatisfied with how Samus turned out. Solid purple everywhere just feels too lazy. I feel like need to mix in some blue and black somewhere. But I can't find a combination that works.
If you feel that way, I would suggest you to give her grey  arm cannon, blue shoulderpads
and some blue for ZSS bosom
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Did that Mirage Sheik ever get released? It's so rad.

September 23, 2013, 08:29:14 PM #422 Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:31:50 PM by Xenozoa425
Like I said before, I don't want to touch the arm cannon because it irks me when it isn't the "official" colors. Same goes with Link and Tink's Master Sword, Marth's Falchion, Ike's Ragnell, etc.

But now that I look at it more I guess it's not too bad, but I do wish I could find a decent combination of purple and blue armor pieces without it looking too goofy and more true to the official style (where the helmet and upper chest are different from the rest of the armor), so I guess my Samus would be considered the "vanilla" version, and then someone else can make an alternate with different colored armor, arm cannon, visor, etc.

As long as it's not a palette swap... (I'm looking at you, Rage83)

September 23, 2013, 10:52:42 PM #423 Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:04:19 PM by Rage83
Quote from: Xenozoa425 on September 23, 2013, 08:29:14 PM
As long as it's not a palette swap... (I'm looking at you, Rage83)

>:( See that? Knock it off, because it's changed now!

Don't believe me? Then take a look for yourself:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34358&Moderated=All

or at:

http://i.imgur.com/Bu1W3fb.png

:kdance:

It looks like a Fake Samus with that visor. Looks nice.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Fun Fact: I used the exact same color edit as on Marth to get the purple arm cannon.

September 24, 2013, 04:18:58 PM #426 Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 04:20:07 PM by RedGamer
hey guys! I've got a (not so) surprising present for you!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Any other ideas?

Quote from: RedGamer on September 24, 2013, 04:18:58 PM
hey guys! I've got a (not so) surprising present for you!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Any other ideas?

white hair :P
What exactly does this thread do?

These mirage textures are coming out great and I was wondering if I could make a luigi and toon link alt because I don't think they look that much like an official brawl color

September 24, 2013, 11:06:24 PM #429 Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:10:57 PM by Kramerdorf
Quote from: silver856 on September 24, 2013, 09:11:41 PM
These mirage textures are coming out great and I was wondering if I could make a luigi and toon link alt because I don't think they look that much like an official brawl color
I was gonna do Luigi. But I still have not started him yet so you might as well do it. Im pretty busy nowadays so i have not found time to get around to it.

And as much as I like the first Toon Link, it doe really need a more brawl honest revamp. I would like to see how you do with that :)


September 25, 2013, 02:07:55 AM #430 Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:10:34 AM by silver856
Luigi
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Toon Link
[spoiler]

I was gonna make Toon links hair white but pale blonde worked much better

The Toon Link is pretty straight forward, not much to say about him.

The Luigi needs work though, the black of the hat and shirt don't even match. Plus Blue shoes don't really fit him all that well either. Make them black like you say and even out the current shades you have.

Jesus Christ. There's like... 4 different textures that are being made at this time. But you guys are doing great. :)

Quote from: HyperrCrow on September 25, 2013, 05:53:33 AM
The Toon Link is pretty straight forward, not much to say about him.

The Luigi needs work though, the black of the hat and shirt don't even match. Plus Blue shoes don't really fit him all that well either. Make them black like you say and even out the current shades you have.
I said that I already fixed the blacks its just not pictured.

Quote from: silver856 on September 25, 2013, 10:33:57 AM
I said that I already fixed the blacks its just not pictured.
...May we see it? That's the only real way to keep giving feedback.