ASF1nk's Interface Mods *NEW 100% Tutorial for Riivolution*

Started by ASF1nk, March 10, 2010, 02:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

576861743f

53
34 (39.5%)
4F
9 (10.5%)
4F
9 (10.5%)
4E
11 (12.8%)
2E
9 (10.5%)
2E
4 (4.7%)
2E
10 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

hey i don't wanna bug anyone but can someone edit this to have everyone but Deoxys and have the Random be the Smashball? I have mac, otherwise, i'd do it myself but I can't :(

I feel like an idiot.

Ok your CSS works fine straight off the download. But when I followed the steps and replaced the file the game freezes D: I opened brawlbox, downloaded a fresh common5_en.pac and "exported" the file u said and then opened your file and replaced it. Yet it freezes in-game while loading the CSS. :( I think it may be the common5_en.pac when it should be plain common5.pac. But I cant seem to find a normal, fresh common5.pac ='(

Quote from: ICEing on March 20, 2010, 07:19:14 PM
I feel like an idiot.

Ok your CSS works fine straight off the download. But when I followed the steps and replaced the file the game freezes D: I opened brawlbox, downloaded a fresh common5_en.pac and "exported" the file u said and then opened your file and replaced it. Yet it freezes in-game while loading the CSS. :( I think it may be the common5_en.pac when it should be plain common5.pac. But I cant seem to find a normal, fresh common5.pac ='(

You can get one here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170

March 20, 2010, 09:19:57 PM #78 Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 09:21:47 PM by vectorace
ok i need help if u could pm me asap it be nice =D but anyway i cant get the custom CSS to load it just screws up the CSS already there w/o the colors and stuff. its probably due to the fact i dont have your codes. i have the .gct file u posted now how do i add the codes to it or what do i do to get the codes loaded. help me out here im getting real angry. also where do you put the code for the results screen?

Quote from: Masta Puma on March 20, 2010, 08:08:23 PM
Quote from: ICEing on March 20, 2010, 07:19:14 PM
I feel like an idiot.

Ok your CSS works fine straight off the download. But when I followed the steps and replaced the file the game freezes D: I opened brawlbox, downloaded a fresh common5_en.pac and "exported" the file u said and then opened your file and replaced it. Yet it freezes in-game while loading the CSS. :( I think it may be the common5_en.pac when it should be plain common5.pac. But I cant seem to find a normal, fresh common5.pac ='(

You can get one here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170

I too I'm having problems. I'm trying to apply the normal portraits back but nothing seems to work. It keeps on freezing. :( Anyone mind with more experience do this? This my first time actually BrawlBox for this, I got the replacing part I just can't seem to make it work.

why does the CSS still have your character portraits?

can you release a download without the character portraits please?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2913.0

Read his Final Notes (in red)
apparently too many portraits cause freezing.
I would think it's the file size, but I wouldn't know since I don't have my portraits.
So for everyone having problems freezing while importing your portraits I would recommend
replacing each portrait one by one using a different formatting than "C18" maybe "CMPR" since I believe "CMPR" don't require a separate palette meaning less of a file size, but I don't know I'm no expert at this, that is just what I believe could work, also make sure to use indexed images for your portraits.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about when i say "C18" or "CMPR" they are image formats used in BrawlBox, when you try to replace any image a box will pop out and you can change the format there it will also tell you the data size for each format so try the one with the lowest size.
Skype: ASF1nk




umm sure if you don't mind my clans name and my own name that is in there. :P
Skype: ASF1nk



Quote from: ASF1nk on March 21, 2010, 01:03:54 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=2913.0

Read his Final Notes (in red)
apparently too many portraits cause freezing.
I would think it's the file size, but I wouldn't know since I don't have my portraits.
So for everyone having problems freezing while importing your portraits I would recommend
replacing each portrait one by one using a different formatting than "C18" maybe "CMPR" since I believe "CMPR" don't require a separate palette meaning less of a file size, but I don't know I'm no expert at this, that is just what I believe could work, also make sure to use indexed images for your portraits.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about when i say "C18" or "CMPR" they are image formats used in BrawlBox, when you try to replace any image a box will pop out and you can change the format there it will also tell you the data size for each format so try the one with the lowest size.

I can confirm that it's the size that's causing the problem. When you import the original portraits, the size goes up a lot, putting it higher than the original file. I had to take out a lot of stuff to get it to work again (I got rid of all that Wi-Fi text, and the Japanese characters that is supposed to come up when you make a name(done by replacing the pics w/ a 1 pixel pic)).
Check out my custom brstms (now in BrawlVault)


Actually I HEARD it works if you put it in private>wii>app>RSBE>pfmenu2 instead of private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>menu2

But if that dosent work, what works best to make the CSS work? You both listed different things. And where exactly is the japanease characters or w/e u were talking about?

are you trying to say that if your file size is too big and you put it in pfmenu2 instead it should work??
did you try it?
Skype: ASF1nk