The Legendary cBliss Recolor Project

Started by SJS, August 20, 2013, 11:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Those Links look amazing SJS. Twilight Wolf and cBliss white / Fierce Deity are really standing out for me.

Also, if you like, I have a ROB PSD if you haven't done him already.

September 23, 2013, 03:05:21 PM #31 Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 03:59:34 PM by Shun_One
Those Link's...are pretty tight. Twilight Wolf is probably my favorite of them.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Seeing as none of these are released yet, I'm guessing that you're planning on releasing them all together when they're complete, giving you room to edit any you feel need it before that time comes. So, I'm gonna give you guys a little feedback on these textures. I'll only give criticism on the ones I think need a little help for the sake of brevity. If I don't mention a texture, assume I love it as is.

Bowser
Yellow looks a little bland. I recommend making his shell and head different colors to provide a bit of color contrast. I think changing the shell color would be best because it'd clash with more of the rest of the body than the head would.

Lucario
Pink and Yellow just remind me of vBrawl red and green Lucarios. I mean, there aren't teams with those colors as far as I'm aware, so it's not imperative they match their colors but these two feel washed out.

Ivysaur
The flex colors are cool and I like the subtle differences between them and default. But between these two and green and shiny, Ivy's texture selection just seems very redundant.

October 02, 2013, 01:31:15 AM #33 Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:07:33 PM by SJS
Zelda's up. Shun provided the layered PSDs for these as well.

Added Yoshi, too.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


I see what you did there with Zelda. Can't decide if I like Malon Zelda, or Kokiri Zelda more. Decisions, decisions...

And I was really curious what you'd do for Green Yoshi. That, is a pretty awesome Yoshi, I must say. The others too, but that one stands out to me.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

I made a PSD of Pokemon Trainer's texture to make a recolor for myself. I haven't made masks for everything, but I got most of the parts. Do you guys want it?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I have a question about cBliss. Does it also work for character imports?

October 07, 2013, 02:43:49 AM #37 Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:44:42 AM by LegacyWolf
Quote from: E-scope12 on October 04, 2013, 12:56:44 AM
I have a question about cBliss. Does it also work for character imports?

No.


I really can't wait to see more of these. A lot of characters I'm excited for. I'm interested to see what choices get made for characters' existing colors. For example, default pink and white Captain Falcon: will he use the pink slot or the white slot? I suppose it depends which of those colors provides the best opportunity for a cool new Falcon that contrasts the rest of the collection. Yellow Falcon will be tight, I'm hoping to see some warm golds. It'd be cool to see a purple throwback to 64 on the flex, but whatever they end up being they'll be exciting to see.

Now apply that thinking to each other character. The result: HYPE!!

October 07, 2013, 10:46:40 PM #40 Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:21:18 AM by Xenozoa425
If you guys need .psd's for Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Snake, or Captain Falcon I'd be more than happy to share them.

SJS where can we download your cBliss character texture hacks?

I'm super stoked about this project! I'm loving the Zelda, Link and Peach recolors so much. Can't wait to download when it's finished :D Keep up the good work~

Quote from: E-scope12 on October 04, 2013, 12:56:44 AM
I have a question about cBliss. Does it also work for character imports?

Yes.
Skype: ASF1nk