Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: help with setting up fresh riivolution brawl hacks  (Read 3027 times)
placebooooo
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 30, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »

Hi guys. I recently started looking into all these different types of hacks and mods for super smash bros brawl. I decided I want to play these hacks on my console, but have absolutely NO idea how to do so. I have tried multiple times but all end with no results. I literally dont know how to do anything, for example, I always tried to add PSA move sets, change character icon images, add stages...etc nothing works in the end. I also ave no idea where which files go where. I tried to follow some guides online but they seemed way too difficult and confusing. I still tried them but again no result. So I was wondering who could help since I would greatly appreciate it! What im trying to do is add various hacks, id like to add some characters and some stages and psa movesets etc.
ps: i also did try the N00B brawl hacking guide you guys have  Undecided nothing though
thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:06:01 PM by placebooooo » Logged

BabyLuigiOnFire
Hyper Kitten

Number Not One

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »

You installed the Homebrew channel on your Wii and all?

placebooooo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 10:25:49 PM »

yeah. hacked and have homebrew channel. Its just setting up the actual files and knowing where to put stages characters etc..... and all of that confuses me to death.

BabyLuigiOnFire
    Hyper Kitten

Number Not One

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:32:20 PM »

Wait you said you're using Riivolution. You need an .xml configuration. These vary and fit your preferences. For example, I use SSBfiles. You put it in the "riivolution" folder of the SD card. What .xml are you planning to use?

placebooooo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 11:03:18 PM »

I dont know what .xmls are. thats what i mean i have no idea how things work. i would just download packs online and basically drag and drop (and they wouldnt always work). Whatever a .xml is, ill use any it doesnt matter really.

BabyLuigiOnFire
    Hyper Kitten

Number Not One

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 11:14:30 PM »

This is the SSBfiles .xml layout

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    -<wiidisc version="1"><id game="RSB"/>-<options>-<section name="Files">-<option name="File Code Replacements">-<choice name="Enabled"><patch id="filecode"/></choice></option></section></options>-<patch id="filecode"><folder disc="/menu2" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2"/><folder disc="/menu2" external="/private/wii/app/RSBP/pfmenu2"/><folder disc="/menu2" external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pfmenu2"/><folder disc="/" external="/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf"/><folder disc="/" external="/private/wii/app/RSBP/pf"/><folder disc="/" external="/private/wii/app/RSBJ/pf"/></patch></wiidisc>

All you have to do is copy and paste into notepad, save as SSBfiles.xml, and put it in the riivolution folder.

Then, as explained in the N00b guide (which is very handy, mind you), set up your files like this:

(X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\Fighter\(Character Name)\

Replacing (Character Name) with the following (the file names on the right)

Captain Falcon:   captain
    King Dedede:   dedede
    Diddy Kong:   diddy
    Donkey Kong:   donkey
    Falco:      falco
    Fox:      fox
    Mr. Game & Watch:  gamewatch
    Ganondorf:   ganon
    Giga Bowser:   gkoopa
    Ike:      ike
    Kirby:      kirby
    Bowser:      koopa
    Link:      link
    Lucario:   lucario
    Lucas:      lucas
    Luigi:      luigi
    Mario:      mario
    Marth:      marth
    Meta Knight:   metaknight
    Ness:      ness
    Peach:      peach
    Pikachu:   pikachu
    Captain Olimar:   pikmin
    Pit:      pit
    Ivysaur:   pokefushigisou
    Charizard:   pokelizardon
    Pokémon Trainer:poketrainer
    Squirtle:   pokezenigame
    Ice Climbers:   popo
    Jigglypuff:         purin
    R.O.B.:      robot
    Samus:      samus
    Sheik:      sheik
    Snake:      snake
    Sonic:      sonic
    Zero Suit Samus:  szerosuit
    Toon Link:   toonlink
    Wario:      wario
    Warioman:   warioman
    Wolf:      wolf
    Yoshi:      yoshi
    Zelda:      zelda
    Green Alloy:   zakoball
    Yellow Alloy:   zakochild
    Blue Alloy:   zakogirl
    Red Alloy:    zakoboy

This is just fighters but the noob guide explains which directories where stages, music, etc. will fit in.

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 12:33:21 AM »

forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=50621.msg1027371#msg1027371

im a riivolution user too so this should help
    go there,  thats a link to my guide,  i would repost but i would get a warning for all caps lmaooo.  but yea i made it simple for anyone to understand,  i put alot of blood and sweat into making that guide it should help you.  Smiley good luck,  let me know wat happens,  if it works on your wii and if you have any questions ask me, Smiley enjoy brawl hacking

placebooooo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »

No it didnt work. I just tried your guide FOREVER247 and game freezes on startup. to sum things up, this is what I am trying to do:

I remember there being a pack that had all stages from melee and super smah bros 64 if not more! Im looking for this pack and looking to install it, but I couldnt find it and i thought i found it but when i installed it, froze on startup. So it would be good if someone could post the link to the pack and show how to install it with riivolution, thanks!

Post Merge: August 31, 2013, 02:20:28 PM
    I believe this is what im trying to install but have absolutely no idea how to
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:20:28 PM by placebooooo » Logged

BabyLuigiOnFire
    Hyper Kitten

Number Not One

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 02:32:58 PM »

Well first, get a common5.pac. Then do what it says on the tutorial - replace what it says.

And to add stages, you must use a code. The pack comes with .gct files that let you use them. But since you're using riivolution, you need the ocarina .xml to use codes.

placebooooo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 02:37:35 PM »

Never mind guys i have no idea what anyone is talking about common5.pac or ocarina or i never heard of these stuff before. i just have no idea whats going on, honestly.

BabyLuigiOnFire
    Hyper Kitten

Number Not One

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »

Well the first thing you should do is something simpler like just getting one hack into Brawl instead of starting with something more complicated via stage expansion.

placebooooo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »

can i get in touch with you in some kind of chat and like walk me through it or something. Basically, I want to do all of this hacking just for these stages and nothing else really.

BabyLuigiOnFire
    Hyper Kitten

Number Not One

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »

Well I think the n00b guide is pretty straightforward. It tells you where to place the stages. But if you're using riivolution, you need an .xml to get your hacks working.

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 07:18:21 AM »

ok the guide works trust me,  your trying to do wayy to many complicated things at once,  first get. brawl hacks to work then you will learn how to do the rest,  another thing that expansion pac for those stages are for gecko os users,  riivolution cant support all those codes,  you would have to manually put them in, manually putting  the courses in is a chore so for now focus on getting brawl hacks to work,  i broke everything down step by step in that guide,  read it. very carefully,  another thing you have to have a 2gb sd card (nothing higher) trust me take your time and it will work

Post Merge: September 01, 2013, 07:31:49 AM
    if you need more help pm me your skype(only) and ill try to help with a more hands on approach,  but try what i said first,  and another thing,  your going to need to learn how to put codes on or riivolution will be worthless,  getting stages in the game arent easy if you dont know what your doing,  and judging by how your sounding you. didnt read the guide properly,  i put everything (even the download  link) to the ocarina. xml,  codemanager,  and i explained how to use it,  read carefully :/ try it again,  and if you still dont get it pm me
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:31:49 AM by FOREVER247 » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: