Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change an item into an article (Hex?)  (Read 1266 times)
Foxfan12
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 16, 2013, 01:22:01 PM »

Is there a way to generate an item as an article? I'd like to take a regular special and modify the projectile (let's say fox's laser) into a cracker-launcher shot. Not just texture it like one, but have an actual cracker launcher shot. I haven't seen this happen before, but is it really too far-fetched? It seems like there should be a way to hex an item into an article or something, but I wouldn't know how.

ABloodyCanadian
Ellipsis Abuser…
Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »

What were to happen if you used a Generate Item Event  in PSA to call on the cracker launcher shot? (0E)

Foxfan12
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »

What were to happen if you used a Generate Item Event  in PSA to call on the cracker launcher shot? (0E)
    The generate item command seems to always generate the item in the character's hand. When I do this, and use said special, I get the "pickup item" sound effect and the cracker launcher shot appears in my character's hand. It can not be thrown and it will not explode

In all actuality I'm trying to do this with Charizard's Nuetral B and I swapped his SpecialN Subaction with Wolf's - then swapped the generate article with generate item and left his 112 (Neutral B) action as is.

I used Fox as the example because he actually has a projectile and it might be easier. I could try doing this with him, but I'm fairly positive that the results would be much the same. The PSA description for the Generate Item function even says that it will generate the item in the character's hand, which is why I'm fairly convinced that you need to somehow hex it into an article...or at least find a way to generate an item as an article instead of as an item.

I can't even seem to find a .mdl0 or .tex0 of the launcher shot in any of the brawl files which is really weird. Do 2D items not even require textures?

Edit: I've also tried replacing subactions with the subaction for LauncherFireShot (or whatever it's called). Maybe it's just because I don't know how to do it properly, but it just freezes the game after character selection for me.
    « Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:39:28 PM by Foxfan12 » Logged

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »

Maybe you can try the Generate Item Event, then use the Fire Weapon Event, then Obliterate Item Event. All within a small amount of frames.

Foxfan12
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 10:26:18 AM »

Eh, yeah, I can fake it that way, but for whatever reason it won't work with the Cracker Launcher Gun, so I have to change the ammunition of another gun to fire Cracker launcher shots. This works, but the animation for the crackershot is gone. Does anyone know where I can find the CrackerShot/CrackerBullet mdl0? I've looked all over common 3 in Brawlbox, but to no avail.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: