Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

Will you be including the SSP's too?
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Quote from: Segtendo on June 03, 2011, 06:24:45 PM
You should do a version where you fight on the bridge infront of the door and make the water swimmable.

That's exactly the next version I wanted to do xD

I hope to be able to get the stage to work in Jungle japes for water... You know there's some limit, and I'm playing with the modeldatas to not surpass it ^^U

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on June 03, 2011, 06:27:00 PM
Will you be including the SSP's too?

Sure xD

In my latest stages, I'm including the icon. I'll be including the preview and name too.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 03, 2011, 06:23:56 PM
You mean an extended version with a camera that follows you?

Right now, that's what I got in the main version. You can go from the left to the right by walking, then there's a big hole in the lake, and then you reach a little spot with more floor. The camera follows you, but it's just a testing camera, so it goes inside the models when the characters are way too separated.

If you mean that, sure, I will make a version in the whole area if possible, with a decent camera if possible too xD
K, cool, thanks, good luck.

By the way, the other day I fixed the normals in some part of Hyrule Castle. This is the difference:





And today I've made some other fix to the model and its texture:





They're small unnoticeable changes, but I care about them and I report you the changes.

The new file is already in the vault.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7608
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Forget my last message, that file is already outdated.

I'm working a little more the stage and I've decided to revamp the lights...



I'm realizing what I'm capable of now, one year after the release of that stage... And well, I guess I've improved a lot ^^U
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 03, 2011, 06:08:26 PM
xD

New video, this one shows the right side version of the stage, so you can judge it >.<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R88eVeHM-kM

PS: 100 videos in youtube already O.o

Wow that has to be one of the most amazing stages I've ever seen. Not only did you make this from scratch, but it looks spot on perfect. I really can't believe it.

That area looks too much fun to play in, it's not flat at all, has ledges, and walls! I see you added the Shadow System already as well, even on the walls. You did forget to add it to the brick wall on the ramp by the grass. The right wall by the ramp from our point of view.

Also, glad you listened to me and used a more upbeat song for a match, but also fitting.

I love you too much Mewthree.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on June 03, 2011, 08:25:59 PM
That area looks too much fun to play in, it's not flat at all, has ledges, and walls! I see you added the Shadow System already as well, even on the walls. You did forget to add it to the brick wall on the ramp by the grass. The right wall by the ramp from our point of view.


I didn't forget it, I just didn't want to place it there. The reason: The light comes from the right, and the shadow is casted to the left. The only way a shadow is casted in that wall is when a character is on the right, and that shadow can't exist. In the game, there will be a shadow because trespasses everything, but it's not natural.

EDIT: New Hyrule video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89PCQe8CHvI

Now it really looks like the SSB64 version I guess.

I will post the update in a few days, just the day I posted it one year ago
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

The lighting for Hyrule Castle looks much better! I can't tell you how much the original light gray annoyed me. :happy: I do wonder though... what is the difference between the normals in pictures 1&2 of post 4054? I've looked for a while, but I still can't see it.

Also... would you mind if I asked you a few questions through pm about some stage making stuff? *hides in shell*

edit: post 444


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

The castle is looking beautiful, but gameplay-wise I think it may be a good idea to move the playing plane back so that the fighters aren't as deep on the ramp. For instance, when Mario was smashing and the enemies were just bouncing back and forth on the walls of the ramp, if you could instead make it so that the fighters were high enough that they would have flown over the wall I think it would be better for fighting in.

Quote from: Sorceress on June 03, 2011, 06:21:23 PM
Not bad, but you need more trainning....

Gtfo.

That music makes me wanna play Galaxy 2 again @_@
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


So Mewtwo, can you tell me watch versions of Peach's Castle your gonna do?

Edit: I will wait until all the version are released now.....
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: EnigmaticSpirit on June 04, 2011, 10:12:01 PM
The lighting for Hyrule Castle looks much better! I can't tell you how much the original light gray annoyed me. :happy: I do wonder though... what is the difference between the normals in pictures 1&2 of post 4054? I've looked for a while, but I still can't see it.

Also... would you mind if I asked you a few questions through pm about some stage making stuff? *hides in shell*

edit: post 444

The difference is in the green part on the left. The lighting is different.

Sure, ask me whatever you want :P

Quote from: DocStrange on June 04, 2011, 10:43:57 PM
The castle is looking beautiful, but gameplay-wise I think it may be a good idea to move the playing plane back so that the fighters aren't as deep on the ramp. For instance, when Mario was smashing and the enemies were just bouncing back and forth on the walls of the ramp, if you could instead make it so that the fighters were high enough that they would have flown over the wall I think it would be better for fighting in.

Gtfo.

I'll look into that option O.o

Well, on a side note, I've not worked much on Peach's Castle since yesterday. I got a little tired because of how complex the stage is (planning how to use the models, how to texture them, etc), and I decided quickly making a more simple stage as a break for Peach's Castle. And the result is this stage:



Only a few details are left, I'll make a video tomorrow.

By the way, I'm having an exam this wednesday, so I won't be updating much until it has passed. I have to study, and I should pass this exam, cause it isn't too dificult.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 06, 2011, 02:14:08 AM

Well, on a side note, I've not worked much on Peach's Castle since yesterday. I got a little tired because of how complex the stage is (planning how to use the models, how to texture them, etc), and I decided quickly making a more simple stage as a break for Peach's Castle. And the result is this stage:



Only a few details are left, I'll make a video tomorrow.

D=  PUZZLE ROOM FROM BANJO-KAZOIE!  (ya ya, so wat if i spelled it wrong xD )
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DocStrange on June 04, 2011, 10:43:57 PM
Gtfo.
Totally unneeded and she was joking >_> And even if she didn't, you still do NOT say that like that.
How about you just leave and not post that stuff again. <--that would have been WAY better.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 06, 2011, 02:14:08 AM
Well, on a side note, I've not worked much on Peach's Castle since yesterday. I got a little tired because of how complex the stage is (planning how to use the models, how to texture them, etc), and I decided quickly making a more simple stage as a break for Peach's Castle. And the result is this stage:



Only a few details are left, I'll make a video tomorrow.
Sweet, The puzzle room! :D


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 06, 2011, 02:14:08 AM
By the way, I'm having an exam this wednesday, so I won't be updating much until it has passed. I have to study, and I should pass this exam, cause it isn't too difficult.
I'm sure you'll do great :)