Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

See ya, when you come back Mewtwo2000 ;)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Not back home yet, but my girl's giving me some time to make some progress in stages.

New video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=141gXCqnpsw

Still need some fixing in terms of acid. But looks cool in my opinion already.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Alright! Another 64 stage! Awesome work mewtwo, and it does look cool. ^^
[blue]Allies: Mario Vontaz, thepika98, Infernape99.

My opinion:

- About the acid behaviour (damage, knockback, angle of launch, frame data) you should take a time analyzing the original or ask for data on the SSB64 part of Smashboards so it can be as accurate as possible
- The BG image looks a little off (maybe that's just me, since I haven't played it in a while)
- Will you make a brawlified version?

:af:
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on April 30, 2011, 04:23:50 PM
My opinion:

- About the acid behaviour (damage, knockback, angle of launch, frame data) you should take a time analyzing the original or ask for data on the SSB64 part of Smashboards so it can be as accurate as possible
- The BG image looks a little off (maybe that's just me, since I haven't played it in a while)
- Will you make a brawlified version?

:af:

I don't guess I'm analizing those things, it would be tedious and not really necessary, in the case it's even possible to edit to be totally accurate. It's accurate enough for me, the acid burns, it gets high in a similar way to N64, and the gameplay is pretty similar.

Since the acid I'm using isn't transparent, the background can't be seen entirely. I may be trying other models in the future, but I'm keeping this one right now.

About the brawlified version, like with Kongo64, only the background and lighting will change. I'm not gonna make hi-res textures for the main stage or something.

By the way, it's gonna be working over norfair, but there will be an alternate version for Brinstar. The Brinstar version isn't expected to be perfect because of some collisions I cannot move. I may be moving it up so it works fine enough in Brinstar, but the acid won't reach the stage. So the Brinstar version will not be much recommended unless you want some acid when you fall off the stage, and no acid on it xD

Also, there will be a low-acid version for norfair (it barely reaches the stage), and a FD one. There will be some visible acid, but you won't be able to touch it. And it won't rise, so you will fight the stage just as is, without the acid. Still planning and fixing all those thingies anyway.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: br3compactor on April 30, 2011, 04:23:50 PM
- About the acid behaviour (damage, knockback, angle of launch, frame data) you should take a time analyzing the original or ask for data on the SSB64 part of Smashboards so it can be as accurate as possible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lkLcA-QmP8

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 30, 2011, 04:00:21 PM
Not back home yet, but my girl's giving me some time to make some progress in stages.

New video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=141gXCqnpsw

Still need some fixing in terms of acid. But looks cool in my opinion already.

The stage looks awesome and keep up the good work.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

What model are you using for the acid?
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


The one in the video is the lava from Norfair with Brinstar's acid texture.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Try using the water model from Delphino Plaza. That way the lava can be transparent.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Holy [censored] Mewtwo, that looks EXACT.

You did a good job. I do remember you know how to vertex somewhat, so I guess that's how you get your models to look so perfect.

About the acid, PAVGN is right. The water from Delfino Plaza is transparent, and you can give it a color change by adding a 2D image of the desired color right under there. That's how I got all my stages with water to have color.

Now, I don't think it's supposed to be semi transparent, by looking at this picture right here:



Although, the texture could be changed a bit for it to look more like that.

I had a feeling you would do this stage eventually Mewtwo.

Now libertyne is gonna have to update his Stage Expansion Pack once again ;o

The problem with the acid is not only the transparency. If I use Norfair as a base, I'm probably needing the original model because of the bones, which make the fire collisions to happen. I don't guess that water model has the number of bones needed to make it work properly. Also, it's semitransparent, but only in the border, I mean, the farther part, the nearer to the background. Anyway, a black fog I'm using does the job quite well.

I may be changing the acid model, but I'm not sure about that happening...

About vertexing... I just do basic vertexing to basic models, which all together get the exact shapes I need. I'm doing this since the day I started Dreamland64, I guess all my stages since then are made with vertexed models, and not stage builder blocks.

By the way, I've been asked to add the boxes in Facility, this is how it looks with them:



I'll update the vault item in a few days I suppose.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 30, 2011, 11:38:33 PM
The problem with the acid is not only the transparency. If I use Norfair as a base, I'm probably needing the original model because of the bones, which make the fire collisions to happen. I don't guess that water model has the number of bones needed to make it work properly. Also, it's semitransparent, but only in the border, I mean, the farther part, the nearer to the background. Anyway, a black fog I'm using does the job quite well.

I may be changing the acid model, but I'm not sure about that happening...

About vertexing... I just do basic vertexing to basic models, which all together get the exact shapes I need. I'm doing this since the day I started Dreamland64, I guess all my stages since then are made with vertexed models, and not stage builder blocks.

By the way, I've been asked to add the boxes in Facility, this is how it looks with them:



I'll update the vault item in a few days I suppose.
They look great ^^
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Yeah I noticed you vertexed models when I opened up some of your stages on BrawlBox. Usually I just download, and put it straight in my game lol

Those boxes look f*cking sexy!

I'll deff be updating with this new version.